Thread: Question

Default Question

I was just playing as the Aetolians. Anyhow, I just noticed that there doesn't seem to be any rare resources (ex. marble, pottery, furs) north of the Peloponnese Peninsula (for the main campaign). Is this deliberate?
    Last edited by Umpirelegions; April 24, 2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: additional info

debux's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by Umpirelegions View Post
    I was just playing as the Aetolians. Anyhow, I just noticed that there doesn't seem to be any rare resources (ex. marble, pottery, furs) north of the Peloponnese Peninsula (for the main campaign). Is this deliberate?
    I noticed it too... it's pretty lame to invade Thrace, if there no mines to go for (Philip would have no reason to go there).]

It also makes trade pretty horrible...
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Hm, I'm embarrassed to say I hadn't noticed that... I never really had time to playtest the campaign beyond making sure all the graphics are in place and the game doesn't crash. Since for v1.0 the work was allocated among various people, this must have been something that slipped between the cracks - i.e. I had assumed the mapper put in resources, while he assumed someone else would do it.

debux's Avatar Senator

I could do it... I actually had it in mind already (because I guess the whole dev team was relieved of finally finishing a v1.0, and weren't going to be that eager for fixing that )... I just don't have many sources for resources in the Greece area, so if you have anything to work upon, it would be great (I could look it up myself too, but maybe if you have a book or anything it would be greatly appreciated.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

I've been meaning to look into it, but I haven't found the time yet. I'll try to find something, at least as a rough guide, and if I do I'll either post it here or make the alterations myself (although the toughest part is finding the coordinates for everything - it's not enough to just decide what resources go into every province).

debux's Avatar Senator

I might as well base myself on the RTR VII or DTW team's findings... I don't think I need to ask them for permission to look at their map and take notes at where they set up their resources

debux's Avatar Senator

Great find man, many thanks! Will sure be quite helpful, every little helps (besides, this means I don't have to go into RTR VII or Hegemonia map and try to scout out the resources by looking at the strat_map )

If you need any more info - these guys have all the answers.
    Last edited by Marmaduke; May 15, 2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: thumbnail not visible

debux's Avatar Senator

Which guys? I only see an attachment that has the greek gods family tree (although it's too small to read though)... do you mean to attach a link?

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    Which guys? I only see an attachment that has the greek gods family tree (although it's too small to read though)... do you mean to attach a link?
    I was just joking around - sorry. Maybe I need to work on my punch lines.

In all seriousness tho - I appreciate you working on the map bro.

debux's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    I was just joking around - sorry. Maybe I need to work on my punch lines.

In all seriousness tho - I appreciate you working on the map bro.
    Oh, you meant the greek gods... I feel stupid an humorless now I just thought "those guys" were related to the older post of yours.

And thanks for the appreciation! Recognition is always a morale boost

Near Eleusis units sink in the sea