Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: InjectSMAA_V2.7_prerelease superghostboy

Default InjectSMAA_V2.7_prerelease superghostboy

hi everyone , everyone should be using this , it is better than ingame aa,, and there is no fps hit using it,, you can turn your ingame aa off,, and use this instead,, thanks to superghostyboy for the find, and to the makers of the software,, i have a big performance boost using this with ingame aa turned off, as to be expected,, and this looks so much nicer, than 8x ingame aa,,

just drop the files in your shogun2 exe folder,, and turn in game aa off,, there is dx9 files 2x smaa and dx10 which is 4x smaa for directx 11,, only use one type.
    Last edited by THE HIGHLANDER; April 24, 2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: superghostboys modded version, thanks to him

Default Re: InjectSMAA_V2.7_Beta

http://www.iryoku.com/smaa-v2-7-rele...s-presentation

a wee linky about smaa and its makers ,, well worth a wee read, have a look at the movie in the link above to see smaa.s benefits ,, regards Tw users

with this AA the text became more blurry

mines is fine nice and sharp,, not sure whats up with yours,,
    did you put all four files from either the dx9 folder or the dx10 folder into your shogun2 main directory ,where the shogun2.exe is found.
    and when you go into the main game turn off antialaising in the graphics options, and make sure your are running the correct dx game mode for the correct dx files, other than that god knows chap,, mines is fine,
    Last edited by THE HIGHLANDER; April 24, 2012 at 06:42 AM.

Icon3 Re: InjectSMAA_V2.7_Beta

Quote Originally Posted by THE HIGHLANDER View Post
    http://www.iryoku.com/smaa-v2-7-rele...s-presentation

a wee linky about smaa and its makers ,, well worth a wee read, have a look at the movie in the link above to see smaa.s benefits ,, regards Tw users
    Good Idea to open a Thread!

I did little research with the Beta Version that I found! How to improve this Version! I found what is need to change to get a very close to a finial Version!

Job well done!

Take a look at the improved Version!
    Last edited by Superghostboy; April 26, 2012 at 05:19 AM.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by gia90_ita View Post
    with this AA the text became more blurry
    Yeah, i noticed it same and it is annoying I liked more that vanilla text one, because it was more clear.

Not at all blurry here , looks a lot better and increases performance ,too.

injectSMAA_v2.7_Prerelease.rar

Nice one superghostboy, thanks again, regards

Default Re: InjectSMAA_V2.7_prerelease superghostboy

ok folks i have updated first post with superghostboys modded injectSMAA_v2.7_Prerelease, its much better, graphics are nice and clear especially the models in battles, real good work
    thanks again.

can someone provide some screenshots with and without Inject SMAA ?

Icon3 Re: InjectSMAA_V2.7_prerelease superghostboy

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    can someone provide some screenshots with and without Inject SMAA ?
    If you want to see if the SMAA is activate or deactivated press Pause on your Keyboard!

Uploaded a new Version that fix this with the Text and add two different Versions of SMAA! I was not sure which is better! So you can test both!
    Last edited by Superghostboy; April 26, 2012 at 07:19 AM.

thanks will test asap,, best regards the highlander

heres some screens,, i will let you guess which is which
    check out the jaggies, then press pause break, and hey presto,, thanks goes to superghostboy,

sorry for the delay been busy with real life,, regards the highlander

Carnium's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Superghostboy View Post
    If you want to see if the SMAA is activate or deactivated press Pause on your Keyboard!

Uploaded a new Version that fix this with the Text and add two different Versions of SMAA! I was not sure which is better! So you can test both!
    Thanks. Works well in NTW too, but the text is still a bit too blurry for my taste

can someone please explain easily how to install this??? i followed the instruction by downloading another file then installing that to Shogun 2 Directory and copy the file in this to the same Directory but then everytime i start the game it seems it didn't work because if i press Pause-Break it does not toggle on or off.

Carnium's Avatar Civis

Place these files from injectSMAA_by_mrhaandi_1.2.7z in the directory where your game exe is:
    dxgi.dll
    injector.ini
    SMAA.fx
    SMAA.h

Then replace SMAA.fx and SMAA.h with files from injectSMAA_v2.7_fixed text.rar

In game options , graphic, turn ingame Anti Alisasing OFF

Also be sure that you are using correct files for either DirectX 10 (d3d10) or Directx 9 (d3d9) according to your ingame render version!!!
    Last edited by Carnium; May 03, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnium View Post
    Thanks. Works well in NTW too, but the text is still a bit too blurry for my taste
    Unfortunately, without direct support in the engine it's impossible to get 100% sharp text rendering with a post processing AA filter since it just doesn't know which parts are UI related and which not.

The AA implementation in S2 is really lazy. For example when you use MSAA, the character portraits in the UI are not anti-aliased, probably because they simply excluded the whole UI rectangle from the AA area. And 8xMSAA is so slow that I can't even use it with my 7970@1100Mhz, lol.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Thanks for finding and sharing this Highlander + rep I have installed the four files as instructed and it seems to look good. How can I know for sure it has been installed correctly? Nothing happens when I press "Pause" What exactly is supposed to happen ? is that pause on the keyboard or pause the game ?

How do you unblur the text?

The game looks nice now but text o\ My eyes =(

hi sp4 ,, post 11 in this thread superghostboys injectsmaa fixed text.rar,, i use tweaked 2 for dx10/11, there is full install instructions in the rar file
    regards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast