Thread: Uninstall Results in Game Not Functioning

Default Uninstall Results in Game Not Functioning

I was bothered enough about the unit sizes of starting units being different than those of those recruited after the campaign started, that I decided to remove Darth Mod Napoleon.

I found the vague "uninstall instructions" that simply state switch the game back to vanilla and uninstall (without any steps for HOW to uninstall). Fortunately I'm savvy enough to find that in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\ there is a "Uninstall DarthMod Napoleon" executable.

So I select vanilla, and launch a campaign by selecting Play. I can see that the unit sizes for new units are still per Darthmod, and the ranges are still increased as per Darthmod. So, the vanilla selection clearly seems to have issues. I then uninstall darthmod, and once I do so can't start Napoleon.

I'm validating my Steam cache at the moment, and am prepared to do a full uninstall of NTW and reinstall if it comes to that. At any rate, I'm sure I'll get it figured out, but at least wanted to share that perhaps the uninstall process might need a bit of tweaking to make it work better.

Hmm, and by reevaluting the steam cache a missing file was picked up, and things are looking good.

Anyhow, DMN looks really neat, but I think for this runthrough I'll be better off just sticking the stability of vanilla. I enjoyed Darth Mod Empire back in the day -- but I'll need to gain a better understanding of some of DMN's quirks and perhaps come back to it at a later time.

Default Re: Uninstall Results in Game Not Functioning

DMN is supplied with a very sophisticate launcher which protects user from messing with his game's installation. There is a detailed manual in launcher's Help menu. Also in Support subforum there are useful sticky tips that can save you many headaches...
    Last edited by husserlTW; April 24, 2012 at 05:58 AM.