View Poll Results: Which did you like better rise or fall of the samurai?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rise of the Samurai

12 18.18%
  • Fall of the Samurai

54 81.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which did you like better rise or fall of the samurai?

Default Re: Which did you like better rise or fall of the samurai?

Fots is the best for me because I like gunfights without the bugginess of Empire or limited strategic objectives of Napoleon. I don't really bother whether it's called an expansion or standalone, what matters is whether I like it or not. And the naval battles in fots are awesome imo.

Fall, since its actually different. Rise was basically just SII, with slightly older style units.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Fall of the Samurai in each case for me
    I love it, way better than originally Sogun II even. Rise of the Samurai is fun but nothing compared to FotS

It's something bit different, which - to my opinion, gets the best out of Shogun II

I just tried both. Fall of the Samurai is def way more superior in term of both Fun factor and Realistically. it's a fact.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

I never bought Fots simply due to all of the capture points and other Arcadia etc. that eventually made their way into Rome 2 (which I also skipped for the same reason).
    Having played both vanilla S2TW and Rots I have to say I prefer the later.

The vanilla game starts in 1545 but all of the castes you start with were never seen historically until after the 1570's. The same goes for the unit rosters... the color coding of unit armors did not happen until nearly 1600 but there I was with fashionable color coordination in 1545. The Ikko Ikki... don't get me started with them.

I just found that Rots fit the Sengoku era even better than the earlier War era it was designed for. The castles were more what you'd see in the mid 1500's, the battlefields had better looking castle maps, and the building trees some-what fixed the problems of only having 6 building slots when Rome 1 you could build a dozen or more structures in a single city! From a realism standpoint Rots made it worth the purchase and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbones View Post
    I never bought Fots simply due to all of the capture points and other Arcadia etc. that eventually made their way into Rome 2 (which I also skipped for the same reason).
    What, Hazbones? FoTS don't add more capture points more than what's already in Sengoku-Era Shogun 2. What made you think that way? The Battlefield and Siege is the same old S2TW (which made FoTS "Star Fort" so horrible)

BTW, how MBS going?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12