Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

So glad i never bought this in fact im going to have a beer right now and pat my dog on the back .

ITS ALWAYS A SHAM"

God dam it my money will go on more important things like hitman absolution and assassins creed 3 .

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I'm gonna have to go against the grain and say I like it. I'm having fun playing for real and griefing.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    I'm gonna have to go against the grain and say I like it. I'm having fun playing for real and griefing.
    What part of the Grief mode do you actually enjoy? The small maps? The complete and utter lack of strategy? Seriously though, i'd like to know.

I don't know why they didn't make a Grief mode for Tranzit, that would have actually worked really well. You could really screw people over with that Bus, or getting everyone ejected. Hell, yesterday my brother and i got two little ers that were loud and obnoxious so we both jumped on the bus right off the bat and blocked the doors and they got left behind. At least in Tranzit Grief mode your team would have to decide on whether to stay at a spot, run to the next spot, or try and take over the bus. There is some real potential strategy there. More strategy than just hoping an opponent goes down and then running over and gang banging the other team with knives while they try and get that person up.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    What part of the Grief mode do you actually enjoy? The small maps? The complete and utter lack of strategy? Seriously though, i'd like to know.

I don't know why they didn't make a Grief mode for Tranzit, that would have actually worked really well. You could really screw people over with that Bus, or getting everyone ejected. Hell, yesterday my brother and i got two little ers that were loud and obnoxious so we both jumped on the bus right off the bat and blocked the doors and they got left behind. At least in Tranzit Grief mode your team would have to decide on whether to stay at a spot, run to the next spot, or try and take over the bus. There is some real potential strategy there. More strategy than just hoping an opponent goes down and then running over and gang banging the other team with knives while they try and get that person up.
    I didn't say Grief mode, I said griefing, I like winding people up on COD cause I'm a ct.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

So does this game still have the 2004 graphics and nintendo 64 sound effects of the last black ops?

I like winding people up on COD
    Only reason to play a CoD game.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    So does this game still have the 2004 graphics and nintendo 64 sound effects of the last black ops?

Only reason to play a CoD game.
    Of course. You thought the lazy asses at Treyarch would actually put in work? I don't know about the actual MP game, but they threw in some of the EXACT same guns with sounds into zombies(and im not talking about the ray gun). And most of the sound effects are the exact same. Hell, you could hear it in the commercial they had with the sticky bomb and anti-air launcher.

Actually the first Black Ops was good on PC because of real hosted servers and hardcore mode. I had way more fun on it than on any MW except the first one which also had hosted servers and hardcore mode.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

I think Treyarch puts in a LOT more work in their games than IW has done for years. BO2 is no exception; it ain't a masterpiece, but it sure beats MW3 with a good margin.

Campaign was pretty good, and it's interesting that you can alter things with tiny decision here and there, gives it more of a reason to replay it. I'm glad I managed to make my pa give the game to me though, sure isn't worth the 60 EU that Steam is demanding

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    Actually the first Black Ops was good on PC because of real hosted servers and hardcore mode. I had way more fun on it than on any MW except the first one which also had hosted servers and hardcore mode.
    Does BO 2 has the hosted servers with mods and stuff? That surely was a +++++ for BO1/CoD4 in my opinion.
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123

Aquilus's Avatar Libertus

Hey guys,

Quick question, for those of you who have already played BOII, is it worth it in terms of MP? I've been thinking about a new game to replace Battlefield3, just wondering if it would be a worthy replacement!
    I have never played any call of duty games online before.

Thanks
    "There is no vaccine against stupidity"

I'm ready to unleash hell upon me. I was the first to hate the BO II since it was announced and now I can just admit that this is by far the best COD in MP since the modern warfare trend of the serie. Balanced weapons, nervous gameplay, scorestreak instead of killstreak, many many maps at release, 5 bars in every game, I'm just lovin' it ! If you can make abstraction of the stoneage graphics (the futuristic design is cool though !) and the lack of hosted servers, you'll have a good time !

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

The campaign is fun as hell (except for Menendez's incest rage) and the multiplayer feels a lot more tighter. I'm digging this.

Is this game worth getting??

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

I like how you can choose your loadout in campaign been waiting for this for a long time finally no generic weapon loadouts anymore.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Gas Mask♔ View Post
    I like how you can choose your loadout in campaign been waiting for this for a long time finally no generic weapon loadouts anymore.
    Has anybody in previous CoD games tried to use only the weapon they start with (If I begin the level with a rifle, I keep that rifle and never switch to my SMG) with unless they have a pistol or are some Special Forces soldier?

Real hosted servers alone doesn't make a game good. In fact Modern Warfare 2 was more fun with match making and you have to put up with admins and idiotic rules. Was so tired of "tactical realism" servers and other douchy nonsense in previous games. So glad servers are dying. ESEA even removes the need for dedicated servers for league play in Counter-Strike. Don't have to pay a dime, don't have to put up with the egos of admins.

So glad the days of wrecking a server and getting banned for "embarrassing" the hosting clan are gone.

Is this game worth getting??
    It's Call of Duty.

Why even ask that? You either know you want it or you don't.

Balanced weapons
    So are there weapons where you just run non stop and kill entire maps? Are you skill-capable of that?
    nervous gameplay
    What is this?
    scorestreak instead of killstreak,
    So it still has those bad killstreak rewards, just renamed?
    many many maps at release,
    More maps don't make a good game.
    5 bars in every game,
    Levels?
    I'm just lovin' it !
    I'll come back for your opinion in a week. New game syndrome likely.

I am extremely CoD skeptical so would need great details. If I bought this game, spent two days to find the gun flavor of the game, and raped entire servers again and saw that there is no balance and the game is still Call of Duty I would be greatly disappointed. I don't want to spend my money until I know for sure.
    Last edited by Kanaric; November 18, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Believe me, I used MW3 as boomerang after only 2 hours in MP, never played it again. It was the worst AAA FPS I had ever tried.

In Black ops II, I already played 10 hours on several game modes to try everything and I just felt happiness everytime. I never raged once against the game, and believe me, I used to rage a lot.

Except for the very annoying Bouncing Betty spam, I have no problem with this game. I would have been very happy to say a lot of trash on this game, but I just can't. Nothing related to "new game syndrome" since basically I was a hater of the game when I got it but I changed my mind. At the moment, it is a very enjoyable game on every aspect.

Citizen

I think it's kind of cool that on the Wii U version, you can choose your loadout, view the map and call in streaks from the Game Pad, kind of cleans up the screen and you change your loadout on the fly. It also gets rid of the need for split screens, second player plays on the Game Pad. No more screen peepers

A.B.A.P.

I've now played through the campaign twice on the same week, trying out different approaches and trying to see different outcomes.

I have to say, they obviously managed to do quite a few things right in order to make me want to play the game twice. And I'll be sure to come back in the future.

Treyarch are now officially light-years ahead of IW.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

I hate all the MW's... although, Black Ops I, II, and WaW is decent.

Did they bring back the currency system in multiplayer back?