Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Default Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Not buying a Cod game until they release a Cod game with a new engine. That's what I'm eagerly waiting.

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

All these people praising the originality of this game are giving me quite a laugh (not on TWC specifically but all over the web), seriously? I mean come on, the plot is really quite generic not to mention pretty bad, the gameplay will undoubtedly be the same as every game since CoD4 just... Gah.

Don't get me wrong, I've played pretty much every CoD game and enjoyed them all thoroughly (except CoD3 that was a load of ) but don't expect anything we haven't seen before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

Quote Originally Posted by alexanderswift View Post
    All these people praising the originality of this game are giving me quite a laugh (not on TWC specifically but all over the web), seriously? I mean come on, the plot is really quite generic not to mention pretty bad, the gameplay will undoubtedly be the same as every game since CoD4 just... Gah.

Don't get me wrong, I've played pretty much every CoD game and enjoyed them all thoroughly (except CoD3 that was a load of ) but don't expect anything we haven't seen before.
    This. Cod is even though they release the same thing every year (how long until they get it right), you can just imagine how broken their new ideas are going to be.

I dunno, I think CoD is good for what it is, a mindless FPS which is good fun now and again. I usually just get the new CoD so I'll have one to play when I need to kill some time. It just won't be more than that, it isn't trying to be more than that and at the end of the day that's fine.

It's an above average shooter that has never really been innovative but has enjoyable multiplayer and surprisingly well done singleplayer. Nothing more nothing less. Black Ops 2 will likely be no different, but again that's really all anyone wants from a mainstream FPS.

It is all I have.

Quote Originally Posted by HardStyles View Post
    Not buying a Cod game until they release a Cod game with a new engine. That's what I'm eagerly waiting.
    Yeah I hear they're working on one that should be used for a game in 2018.

In all seriousness, I doubt that's going to happen. They've used the same basic engine for almost a decade, just upgraded it a little (almost) every game. If you want a good shooter that doesn't feel like you're playing a game from '06, I'd recommend Battlefield 3. Or you can pay $60 for a "new" Call of Duty: same as the last one, only in a different era!

I'm not just trying to be a BF3 fanboy. Fact is, COD 2 and Halo got me into first person shooters. I've owned every one except MW3, but both games suffer the same problem: innovation and originality. I would rather see them break away from the stagnant COD series and do something entirely new. Which I heard they're doing by funding a new game that Bungie is working on...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Songeur View Post
    Yeah I hear they're working on one that should be used for a game in 2018.

In all seriousness, I doubt that's going to happen. They've used the same basic engine for almost a decade, just upgraded it a little (almost) every game. If you want a good shooter that doesn't feel like you're playing a game from '06, I'd recommend Battlefield 3. Or you can pay $60 for a "new" Call of Duty: same as the last one, only in a different era!

I'm not just trying to be a BF3 fanboy. Fact is, COD 2 and Halo got me into first person shooters. I've owned every one except MW3, but both games suffer the same problem: innovation and originality. I would rather see them break away from the stagnant COD series and do something entirely new. Which I heard they're doing by funding a new game that Bungie is working on...
    I'm a die hard BF fan.

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

So this is just my un-educated-video-game-college-warped-brain talking, but I thought the next gen of counsels was going to be released in 2014? Or is Xbox doing what the PS3 did an just making a vastly improved system but still the same system?

In regards to this game, and my unverified claims, would this not be one of the last Call of Dutys to be released on this gen of counsels?

Quote Originally Posted by Ba'alzamon View Post
    So this is just my un-educated-video-game-college-warped-brain talking, but I thought the next gen of counsels was going to be released in 2014? Or is Xbox doing what the PS3 did an just making a vastly improved system but still the same system?

In regards to this game, and my unverified claims, would this not be one of the last Call of Dutys to be released on this gen of counsels?
    They've released one more or less every year fairly consistently since CoD4 so it's likely we'll see another one for Q3 or 4 in 2013. But yeah it's likely gonna be the last or second to last one on this gen.

It is all I have.

I wonder if there will even be a next gen of consoles. Because the PS3 is not doing a PS4.

I remember seeing an article on the new Microsoft one called the "Orbis" but it might've been speculative.

It is all I have.

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Ba'alzamon View Post
    I wonder if there will even be a next gen of consoles. Because the PS3 is not doing a PS4.
    Xbox 720 is already being built.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    Good article! Thanks! had no idea about this.

No worries, it's not been reported on much by the mainstream media, I expect a big announcement of it at E3 this summer.

I reckon the PS4 will be coming eventually, just don't see Sony letting Microsoft release a new console without reply!

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

They've released one more or less every year fairly consistently since CoD4 so it's likely we'll see another one for Q3 or 4 in 2013. But yeah it's likely gonna be the last or second to last one on this gen.
    If next-gen will be on 2014, that's 3 more CoD's.
    Last edited by Bolkonsky; May 07, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    I seem to be stuck in between February and March.

The thing is the people who know how lame COD is are the minority, most of my friends think the latest COD games to be the most realistic game out there, and they say a game is bad because it was released 2/3 years ago.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Call of Duty... Realistic... That's a hard concept to get my head around.

It is all I have.

What's a hard concept for me to understand is those people who buy CoD expecting a realistic shooter.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post

Fail.

. Requires Constant internet connection
    . Used game not supported
    . Last generation processors

Win

Cant say much at the moment TBH.

Lets hope we see a future call of duty on the latest consoles next year.