Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Here we go again.... (CoD)

Guys, I found more info.

It is a New cold war, USA VS China -the rason, the rare elements.

In the chaos, the main villian will be a Nicaraguan guy which will somehow get control of the drones and made them attack USA, USA, in the confusion will think it was China, so they send their drones to attack China and thus starting another war.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ca...ck-ops-ii.aspx
    Check this article out, it talk more about the story.
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123

Oh, and dont be stupid guys, they probably will use horses because the car's PC was probably hacked so they will be unable te use them, and since they needed a transportation method through the desert, they picked up the horses.
    A proud Latin

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
    Are you kidding me? They can't use mechanical vehicles, or did you miss that part in the trailer? Or do you really think horseriding is an enticing feature to the COD demographic?
    Because everybody and their brother can ride a horse at those speeds in full gear.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by prdude1234 View Post
    Oh, and dont be stupid guys, they probably will use horses because the car's PC was probably hacked so they will be unable te use them, and since they needed a transportation method through the desert, they picked up the horses.
    It's set in the 80s. The Russians invaded Afghanistan in the 80s. The US funded the Afghan mujahideen who fought the Russians in what was basically a proxy war.

The Mujahideen likely used horses for transport in 80s mountainous Afghanistan.

Makes sense to me.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

Ahh, another stand alone expansion for Call of Duty 4 for a price of a brand new game, about generic special forces fighting generic terrorists with generic special effects and generic "badass" characters.
    As for CoD, no surprise there. It's amazing how people still buy the exact same FPS, every year.
    How aren't people tired of this franchise i will never understand .
    I really doubt I'll buy this "new" title when it comes out.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    If it really is near future that could be super cool. I might actually reconsider not buying it if that's the case. I'm actually rather intrigued now.
    So future it is then? Surely it offers new possibilities and features that could make the game feel even slightly "new" compared to previous titles. Gameplay will almost certainly stay similar but new game types and completely new weapons could offer a different experience.
    The plot is already retarded, the trailer itself however is actually quite well done. I'll probably buy it for 20 bucks from the used section of an EB games a few months after it comes out, as I have with every Treyarch title.

And it goes like this. Every year. In every COD.

This is why they can continue to make billions and fart out game after game people, because you keep giving them money just because they dangled a bunch of shiny things in front of your face.
    10000 times this. Was going to post that...
    Last edited by beckyolt; May 02, 2012 at 10:32 AM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Quote Originally Posted by bushranger View Post
    I enjoyed the SP in black ops so will probably hire this out for a night,but damn it looks dated and ugly.Why has it taken so long for the next gen consoles to come around.There has not been a good looking console game in years.
    It's not been a full console cycle yet. It's probable that E3 this year we'll get hints at the new consoles, E3 next year we'll SEE the new consoles and they'll be out next November.

It's not right to bring out new consoles when the old ones are still selling. Poor business plan.

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    It's not been a full console cycle yet. It's probable that E3 this year we'll get hints at the new consoles, E3 next year we'll SEE the new consoles and they'll be out next November.

It's not right to bring out new consoles when the old ones are still selling. Poor business plan.
    I dont know,but a 9 year cycle is just way to long.PC starts jumping ahead after only a couple of years,i'm suprised more people have not left consoles for the PC.The only time i ever play XBOX anymore is for XBOX arcade exclusives.AAA titles are not worth 100$ with GFX outdated by years.

The Cod is set in the 2020's. Have you seen the trailer?

Eew, future cod. yuck!

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

I liked the trailer. They're trying out some new stuff and they should be credited for that. I understand the hate for CoD, but not when it's undeserved

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    I liked the trailer. They're trying out some new stuff and they should be credited for that. I understand the hate for CoD, but not when it's undeserved
    THIS. Absolutely this. People need to lay off on them until we see what this game looks like in November.

Kudos to Treyarch for taking the risky path and going somewhere CoD has never gone.

Proud non-buyer of CoD since MW2.

This will, as always, make a crap ton of money, then everyone will be stunned to see that another CoD will be released next year. Because nobody ever sees that coming (according to the media that is).

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

Well the trailer looks quite similar to all previous CoD reveal trailers so little can be judged by it except it is set in the future and there are horses.

Surely Treyarch is trying to be more innovative, the new setting offer a lots of new possibilities but I still think gameplay will be very similar to all previous titles. That, however, becomes clear once some real gameplay footage is released.

More info.

Year set- Primary 2025 and secondary the 1980s (As some flashback missions)
    locations: Currently modern USA and Afghanistan in the 80s
    Main Character: David Mason, the son of Mason
    Second main character: Mason from Original BO (In Flashback missions from the 80s)
    Villain: Raul Menendez
    nationality of villain: Nicaragua
    political situation: Tense cold war for the control of rare elements, of which 95% are supplied by China
    Mayor powers involved: China and USA
    Aggressor: USA
    reason: USA wants the rare elements.
    Starting match: Raul somehow gains access to an army of drones and sends them to Cali, USA believes it was China, so they order to invade China.

New additions:
    RPG elements
    Futuristic warfare
    vehicles?
    Woman president
    Maybe a decent campaign?

Edit- Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ca...ck-ops-ii.aspx
    Last edited by prdude1234; May 02, 2012 at 10:50 AM.
    A proud Latin

Of course they have Quad Motors. People should be unbiased at this point. Even though to me, it seems like a failed attempt already. Not hating at all, I have nothing against cod, I just haven't liked it since Cod4

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------

And it goes like this. Every year. In every COD.

10000 times this. Was going to post that...
    I just don't get this. Especially when you've got people who say things like 'I'm never falling for this crap again after Black Ops!' The fact that they even bought all the CODs since WaW up until that point should ring some alarm bells...

I don't mind it if they just openly admit that they like the series, instead of pretending that they hate it when every year they fall for it, and we have another thread in which people are going to hype it up, pretending that they don't know that it's going to a be a massive let-down and waste of money once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

I'm actually really digging this new CoD. I like the new setting. I like the fact that we are no longer fighting Russians and moved onto somebody else. I like the new elements they have introduced to Campaign. I like that they have brought back vehicle combat.

What I don't like though is the lack of major graphical improvements or a complete new engine. I also hate the centre-piece villain being responsible for a world war. It is SO overdone. Just set the political scene, and do some faux-historical narration of a future war and it's various campaigns.

I feel like this year will be the final CoD with this engine.

Why? Because I expect the new console generation to launch at the end of next year, likely tied in with the launch of the CoD after this one. Ergo, new console, new capabilities, new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I think the pattern is Infinity Ward release the same crap over and over while Treyarch at least tries to think outside the box.
    That's what I've been saying all this time...

Hell, even if Treyarch drops the ball somewhere on the way, they still make their games interesting, if somewhat...stupid (yeah, ending to Black Ops was the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen the ME3 endings....)

I thoguth I'd sum up my thoughts of BO2 as we know it, but I'm way too tired to think clearly now...I will bring you up to speed tomorrow! Because I know how interested you all are...

Also, renaming this thread now.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Default Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

I enjoyed Black Ops MP quite much, I only played Hardcore mode, it made the game very cool.

MW3 was just impossible to enjoy on PC and this engine.... no no no....I mean, if I was a staff of Treyarch or Activision, I would hide myself into a bunker before to announce another game with the same old crappy engine.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40