Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

http://www.callofduty.com/

Reveal of next game in the series on May 1st.

I'm calling it: Black Ops 2.

Oh and release in November. Obviously.

And same game engine as before. Well, that's not for certain, Treyarch has shown to be more innovative than IW when it comes to the COD series if you ask me but meh...

BTW; "Basketball Playoffs on TNT". What does that mean? Are they throwing in an add for TNT while they're at it?!
    Last edited by Biggles; April 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Here we go again.... (CoD)

oh no another CoD run for the hills!

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Neither IW, Treyarch or Dice will ever see another dime from me. Big name shooters will deliver the same canned crap over and over and over because it is a proven cash cow that isn't anywhere near dried up.

I just find them really really really boring.

Clancy games blow now too.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    Neither IW, Treyarch or Dice will ever see another dime from me. Big name shooters will deliver the same canned crap over and over and over because it is a proven cash cow that isn't anywhere near dried up.

Oh come on now Dice has added a ton of new to their brand of shooters. True theres a big change from Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2/2142 but the graphics have increased and thus maps had to change. Consols are not as up to date and not everyone owns a top of the line computer.

I miss the huge maps from Battlefield 2/2142, but BF is still twenty thousand times more innovative than COD. everygame is literally the same.

Yeah. I kick myself everytime I see the COD: Black Ops I paid 60$ for...

The storyline is stupid and the game play is repetitive..

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    I'm calling it: Black Ops 2.
    It's already been confirmed as Black Ops 2

BTW; "Basketball Playoffs on TNT". What does that mean? Are they throwing in an add for TNT while they're at it?!
    Maybe because it's being shown on TNT...?

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
    It's already been confirmed as Black Ops 2
    That's disappointing, is Treyarch the lead studio on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

If the game doesn't follow this criteria then I won't buy it;

A brand new engine. Use a third party one if you must like Cryengine or Frostbite (lolol in your dreams).
    Campaign is 10 hours+ at least.
    Campaign isn't filled with all that hollywood action garbage with snowmobile racing or dumb plotlines like the ing O.K Corral Firefight between British SF and rogue American troops.
    Campaign returns to CoD's roots and provides authentic and narrated campaigns with levels being grounded in reality like CoD 1/2/3 ect and to a lesser extent, CoD 4.
    Multiplayer gets rid of all the fluff like death streaks (wtf?) and accolades ect. Just simplify things. I don't want to have to customise like 20 different perks and loadouts before a game for 5 different classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneckie View Post
    If the game doesn't follow this criteria then I won't buy it;

A brand new engine. Use a third party one if you must like Cryengine or Frostbite (lolol in your dreams).
    Campaign is 10 hours+ at least.
    Campaign isn't filled with all that hollywood action garbage with snowmobile racing or dumb plotlines like the ing O.K Corral Firefight between British SF and rogue American troops.
    Campaign returns to CoD's roots and provides authentic and narrated campaigns with levels being grounded in reality like CoD 1/2/3 ect and to a lesser extent, CoD 4.
    Multiplayer gets rid of all the fluff like death streaks (wtf?) and accolades ect. Just simplify things. I don't want to have to customise like 20 different perks and loadouts before a game for 5 different classes.
    You won't buy it, then :p

CoD I can understand, but what's wrong with BF3?

Have you checked out the proof of concept for the new Tom Clancy game? Patriots something-something? Looks pretty innovative. As much as PoC can anyway.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post
    Not being a true Battlefield game but a Bad Company title in disguise...

And DICE being professional trolls by asking us to pay even more money to get some of the core content they actually promised to deliver with BF3 (as in the actual release, not 3-4 DLC packs later)

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    Not being a true Battlefield game but a Bad Company title in disguise...
    What does this even mean? I played the hell out of BC2 and BF3, and I'm befuddled by this statement.
    Last edited by motiv-8; April 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

What does this even mean? I played the hell out of BC2 and BF3, and I'm befuddled by this statement.
    And there is your "problem". Bad Company is based on a different gameplay than Battlefield. It's infantry minded and was designed for tiny closed maps. BC was intended as a simple spinoff aimed at the console market. Sadly people liked the dumbed down version of Battlefield more and thus BC played a huge role on BF3's development.

As for CoD, no surprise there. It's amazing how people still buy the exact same FPS, every year.
    Last edited by Bolkonsky; April 25, 2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: continuation

I still don't understand. BC and BF3 are massively different games. The only similarity I can recognize is the engine. What is the problem?
    This. BF3's probably in the top 3 MP games I've ever played.

Agreed. Come on. Maybe I'm just dumb, but the gameplay in those two games feel massively different to me. Reason why I'd still play both BF3 and BC2 if BC2 wasn't dead on PC.

You should at least buy CoD2, that one was decent.
    Seconded. COD2 had an amazing campaign.
    Last edited by beckyolt; April 25, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

I can see similarities between BC2 and BF3, but I don't feel them, if you know my meaning

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Have you checked out the proof of concept for the new Tom Clancy game? Patriots something-something? Looks pretty innovative. As much as PoC can anyway.
    I got bored of the game in like 2 weeks. It didn't deliver on half the experience I was hoping for. It is just as derpy and stupid IMO as CoD, you just get tanks and jets to be derpy in.

Spare me the "possibilities" argument about teamwork. I played enough to see that teamwork was not a core component of the game, it was about racking up points the same as CoD to get new upgrades, and people were just as obsessed with K/D.

Great graphics, great sound, absolutely insane amount of advertising. I was personally offended by the "Is it Battlefield or is it real?" advertising campaign. CoD hires actors to do stupid live action bits while BF3 insults me. At least I can laugh at Johan Hill looking like an idiot, I can't forgive Dice for sucking themselves off and offending me.

The party system for BF3 was the brick that broke the camel's back for me though. I bought the game hoping to get some teamwork going with fireteams and all. I have no idea if it's easier now to party up, but it was a nightmare for the first month, and I'm sorry, once you piss me off enough, I'm not coming back.

BF3 was a total fail for me on so many levels. I knew what I was getting out of MW3 when I bought it, so I wasn't mad at the game at all, but the fact that I stopped playing after a month tells me that I've outgrown the fun and gun shooters like BF3 and CoD so I won't be giving them anymore money.

DICE acted like they were delivering the best gaming experience in history, and I had high hopes. IW told you what you were going to get, no more, no less. They both suck ass in my opinion.

As for Clancy? I'm a purist. I used to play R6 Rogue Spear on my 56k connection, same thing with Ghost Recon 1. Brilliant games imo. Perfect tactical shooters that had great SP and MP. I also love the first Splinter Cell. The last few Clancy titles have left a lot to be desired.

And yeah, I am an ArmA fanboy. For good reasons.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I got bored of the game in like 2 weeks. It didn't deliver on half the experience I was hoping for. It is just as derpy and stupid IMO as CoD, you just get tanks and jets to be derpy in.

Spare me the "possibilities" argument about teamwork. I played enough to see that teamwork was not a core component of the game, it was about racking up points the same as CoD to get new upgrades, and people were just as obsessed with K/D.

Great graphics, great sound, absolutely insane amount of advertising. I was personally offended by the "Is it Battlefield or is it real?" advertising campaign. CoD hires actors to do stupid live action bits while BF3 insults me. At least I can laugh at Johan Hill looking like an idiot, I can't forgive Dice for sucking themselves off and offending me.

The party system for BF3 was the brick that broke the camel's back for me though. I bought the game hoping to get some teamwork going with fireteams and all. I have no idea if it's easier now to party up, but it was a nightmare for the first month, and I'm sorry, once you piss me off enough, I'm not coming back.

BF3 was a total fail for me on so many levels. I knew what I was getting out of MW3 when I bought it, so I wasn't mad at the game at all, but the fact that I stopped playing after a month tells me that I've outgrown the fun and gun shooters like BF3 and CoD so I won't be giving them anymore money.

DICE acted like they were delivering the best gaming experience in history, and I had high hopes. IW told you what you were going to get, no more, no less. They both suck ass in my opinion.
    The double standard here is atrocious at best. So you got pissed because a month after the game came out and after enough people complained and after they changed the feature in question, you still won't play the game?

Furthermore, now that people most of the newbies to the game have left, it's gotten much better in regards to teamwork.
    Last edited by Bolkonsky; April 26, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Well...

Things like a new engine don't matter to me. Make the gameplay fun and arcadey, make the single player short, etc. Just give us dedicated servers, decent anti-cheat, and stop acting like it's an actual game and only charge $20 for it.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Ahh, another stand alone expansion for Call of Duty 4 for a price of a brand new game, about generic special forces fighting generic terrorists with generic special effects and generic "badass" characters.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Ahh, another stand alone expansion for Call of Duty 4 for a price of a brand new game, about generic special forces fighting generic terrorists with generic special effects and generic "badass" characters.
    Hey you never know, they might have tweaked the lighting engine for this expansion!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast