Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Know What They're Up To, Currently?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Default Does Anyone Know What They're Up To, Currently?

I mean, really. We've had no update since the hotfix, and the info in the first post of the hotfix was incorrect.
    Aside from posting about other games, we've been given no information as to whether or not they're getting a handle on the ruined graphics and framerates for Shogun 2/FotS.

Are they going to actually fix the paid for Blood Pack, or leave it broken? Are the dull, characterless graphics that have been introduced being looked at?

Or is this it? Are we going to be left with a ruined game, much like the broken unit models for Barbarian Invasion, or the broken almost everything for Empire?

Or are they going to introduce their next patch when they sell the other to exclusive factions for FotS as DLC?
    Does anyone know anything that's going on, fix-wise, with this title?

Default Re: Does Anyone Know What They're Up To, Currently?

We will never know until somebody announces somthing. The only thing we can assume is that they are working on somthing.(hopefully) It's all speculation at this point.

The lack of transparency is irritating. The FOTS graphics look bad, and we haven't heard from them about it yet.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

At this point, my biggest worry is CA doesn't know what they're up to...
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    At this point, my biggest worry is CA doesn't know what they're up to...
    I can only worry....

Meanwhile at CA headquarters,

" Gentlemen, some members and I have been working on somthing really huge and should help this company considerably.--------------------- AN AUTOMATIC ICECREAM MAKER!!!!"

*The whole company goes into party mode for the next week celebrating.*

*The whole company goes into party mode for the next week celebrating.*

HA HA HA HA!
    And they're all disco dancing and hi-fiving like those pentium processor commercials from the 90's.

But srsly, what're they up to? I wouldn't mind at least attempting to like Shogun 2 again.

Why buy the game right away or preorder if it's not going to be full operational until almost a year after release?
    I picked up Empire and Nappy almost two years after their release and by then all the patches were out and Darth had worked his magic on them, so I got to miss all the pain and anguish, but now I've just got S2 sitting on my hard drive, looking all ugly and dejected.
    Last edited by Captain Arrrgh!; April 22, 2012 at 08:52 PM.

They last released a patch only 11 days ago. Plus Craig has commented on the graphics issues (on this forum), among other bugs, in the last few days, acknowledged a problem and said it was being looked into. I don't think you can criticise the speed at which they are moving regarding patches at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
    They last released a patch only 11 days ago. Plus Craig has commented on the graphics issues (on this forum), among other bugs, in the last few days, acknowledged a problem and said it was being looked into. I don't think you can criticise the speed at which they are moving regarding patches at the minute.
    True at least they're doing somthing. However they aren't continuing weekly updates which cut off community- company communication. Those were the designated threads for discussing things with CA and that really made us felt like they kinda cared.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Who cares what they are up to. They release. We buy. That's the story for a decade already.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Matsudaira Takechiyo View Post
    Who cares what they are up to. They release. We buy. That's the story for a decade already.
    Not so, things have changed considerably. From original Shogun to Medieval it's been they release, we buy, they patch mostly insufficiently, then fans patch and mod, all are relatively happy.

Since Empire it's been they hype, they underdeliver, we buy, they patch, they hotfix, they patch, they patch, they forget about the game as soon as their next release comes out and we can't even mod.

Now, with S2 they also change the game to something other than what we paid for. So I am very concerned.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    Not so, things have changed considerably. From original Shogun to Medieval it's been they release, we buy, they patch mostly insufficiently, then fans patch and mod, all are relatively happy.

Since Empire it's been they hype, they underdeliver, we buy, they patch, they hotfix, they patch, they patch, they forget about the game as soon as their next release comes out and we can't even mod.

Now, with S2 they also change the game to something other than what we paid for. So I am very concerned.
    Yest we still but the game. Pre-purchased even. The bottomline never changed.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Well, according to that rally point video they plan on announcing something in early may. Hopefully this video series will bring back some communication with the community.

Also I agree with you about the graphics. At least put an option in the graphics menu to enable/disable.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I care.

Then again, Im also pretty nosy...
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

yeah they release fots and degrade the graphics to where everything looks like it has a extremely drab color scheme and put it into the original sengoku units which makes them look like they are now armored in colored construction paper.... sure my game may run a little smoother but it looks completely like as to compared to before

DukeofBrunswick's Avatar Miles

Bet you the Early May announcement will be about Total War: Battles first patch, and the upcoming DLC.(For battles)
    Last edited by DukeofBrunswick; April 23, 2012 at 02:31 AM.
    Australia: A land of bronzed bodies and wonderful football.

This signature is a solemn promise that no new Call of Duty game shall be purchased by me until a new engine is produced for the game.

FOTS definitely needs patching up, aside from the performance issues, I also hope they do some work on the AI.
    There's little challenge now defending against an attacking AI, because of the ridiculous cannon bug, where the cannons never stop and deploy.
    A confirmation from CA, that they are working on a patch wouldn't hurt either.

You know how some companies have a surprise patch, and everyone het's excited?

Well, it seems like the marketing team at CA saw this, and decided to apply it to every single thing they do ever.

I bet they are working on a Proper Multi-core support pack DLC that will remove the melee lag during clashes!

20% discount if you bought it together with the blood pack dlc

Quote Originally Posted by raven90 View Post
    I bet they are working on a Proper Multi-core support pack DLC that will remove the melee lag during clashes!

20% discount if you bought it together with the blood pack dlc
    NO!!! I no pay for performance.

I can just imagine the rage of they tried to realease this.

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

We're working on lots of stuff. I can't talk about it at the moment, because that's not the way we do things. We're not going to promise anything coming out that might potentially change for any reason, so for now you'll just have to trust me that we're doing loads.

As soon as we can talk about stuff, we will. Lots.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast