Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Know What They're Up To, Currently?

DukeofBrunswick's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Does Anyone Know What They're Up To, Currently?

I can see CA releasing the game as just the Engine and you had to buy everything else as DLC, everything.

If you started up the game, you'd get the home screen and all the options would be blacked out with the words "Need such and such DLC"
    Australia: A land of bronzed bodies and wonderful football.

This signature is a solemn promise that no new Call of Duty game shall be purchased by me until a new engine is produced for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeofBrunswick View Post
    I can see CA releasing the game as just the Engine and you had to buy everything else as DLC, everything.

If you started up the game, you'd get the home screen and all the options would be blacked out with the words "Need such and such DLC"
    Then after paying $100 worth of dlc your head will explode when you find out you can get a veriety of generals for only $4.99.

I personally enjoy the performance increase associated with the removal of the gloss, i.e. plastic Samurai syndrome. One of the first things I enjoyed about even ROTS, was the color palette. It's a lot more natural and less obnoxious, in my opinion.

I'm thinking they're working on a modern era game, even more modern than now. I could be entirely wrong, but with all the features they've made available for FOTS, it'd be odd to revert back in time. That said, Rome II would still be my only desire.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

We're working on lots of stuff. I can't talk about it at the moment, because that's not the way we do things. We're not going to promise anything coming out that might potentially change for any reason, so for now you'll just have to trust me that we're doing loads.

As soon as we can talk about stuff, we will. Lots.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    We're working on lots of stuff.
    That´s the ultimate proof. The next TW game will be global scope, time-spanning. Build your empire from the era of Ancient empires till the modern world. Fight epic battles on any battlefield worldwide, from the misty swamps of Florida to the wind-torn arctic stretches of Siberia. Use all and any military unit ever fielded by mankind, and every weapon ever invented from the Chariot to the F-35. Of course, Rome is in, And China, the warring states, and the age of Victoria, and the ACW, and WW1, and Nappy is back, and Medieval, and Modern Warfare is of course in, everything ever demanded is in.

Lots of Stuff: Total War

Just epic. And awesome, of course.

Elyrioth's Avatar Senator

Lots of Stuff: Total War
    Where do I pre-order?
    Na Géanna Fiáine

Quote Originally Posted by Elyrioth View Post
    Where do I pre-order?
    Well, that´s the next surprise: because there is no pre-order possibility, no order-possibility at all, this leaves us with only one logical conclusion:

Lots of Stuff: Total War will be free DLC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, this is the only logical assumption.

"No price, no cost, no purchase necessary, just our way of saying Thank you. Yours in eternal love, CA"

Also I guess, for the first 100 million downloaders, there will be free Mod Tools included. And orgy girls. I miss them since RTW. Lots of stuff, you know?

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

They are busy trying to find out what “Quad core” means . Shogun 2 was absolutely brilliant and visually stunning before they messed it and all the mods for it up. That’s the abomination called Steam AKA Virus . Yes it installs FOTS for you ok but gives you Mickey mouse graphics and dead slow and stop FPS with it.
    Reminds me of the patch they released for Empire that totally wrecked the gameplay because of the “Melee bug” A lot of us had to kick, scream and yell at them like hell for months to get any reaction from them so I won’t hold my breath for any fix .

NSFW's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ethien View Post
    I personally enjoy the performance increase associated with the removal of the gloss, i.e. plastic Samurai syndrome. One of the first things I enjoyed about even ROTS, was the color palette. It's a lot more natural and less obnoxious, in my opinion.
    Well said sir! Give me performance over eye-candy any day; I'm completely ambivalent on shiney vs drab samurai issue but I am really appreciating the performance improvement which I've noticed in S2TW since FotS was released!
    If going back to shiney samurai means I'd have to take a perfomance hit then I beg CA to leave things as they currently are!

Of course the ideal solution would be allowing individuals the option to chose the style of graphics which they prefer. *shrug*
    "Never argue with an idiot; They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Obake Date

We're working on lots of stuff. I can't talk about it at the moment, because that's not the way we do things. We're not going to promise anything coming out that might potentially change for any reason, so for now you'll just have to trust me that we're doing loads.

Well my guess is that we probably won't be hearing anything until their big news day, which i think was may 8th?
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    Well said sir! Give me performance over eye-candy any day[...]
    Of course the ideal solution would be allowing individuals the option to chose the style of graphics which they prefer. *shrug*
    Well you do have the option of performance over eye-candy always.
    Play in 640x480 and I promise you'll never go below 120 fps, no matter your PC specs.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Come back on May 18th, there will be an announcement of some kind from CA which was confirmed in the last rally point vid.

NSFW's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Well you do have the option of performance over eye-candy always.
    Play in 640x480 and I promise you'll never go below 120 fps, no matter your PC specs.
    And only be able to see a tiny part of the map at any time? No thanks. Screen Res is the one "graphics" option which I do crank up as high as my rig can cope with precisely because it does have a very big impact on gameplay for me (i.e. it's not a purely "eye-candy" graphics option); trust me, all my other graphics options are set as low as they'll go though.

TBH though I'm not sure what you're trying to say in your post daniu? I'm not complaining about the game's current performance at all (or even the old graphics).
    What I am doing is putting in my tuppence (along with others) that I actually prefer the post-FotS graphics, because I get better performance, and very much hope CA don't roll-back to the old graphics as this would mean a performance hit for me. It seems like a fair point to make as others are calling for such a roll-back.
    Not being funny but I don't see how telling me to turn down my screen res is either relevant or helpful mate?
    Last edited by NSFW; April 23, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
    "Never argue with an idiot; They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Obake Date

Eh... I'm actually enjoying S2TW all the same, complete sucker for it, shiny textures or not. With Radious mods it's consistently the most enjoyable TW game for me so far, by a mile.
    The only thing that bugs me (more and more) is the micro-stutter when my poor CPU 0 core gets a hammering of a lifetime, with TurboBoost on going up to >80C. Multicore support really is pretty shocking in Warscape.
    So the only thing I wish for is a proper multicore support patch (although I suspect I'm dreaming); if a multicore support patch ever comes out I'm likely to be playing S2TW indefinitely.

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Oh for crying out loud. That's great that you're working on lots of stuff, Craig, really I mean it.
    But I -we- want Shogun 2 fixed.
    Many of us have been supporting you since first Shogun. Once, just once, I want my game to work reasonably, without all these dramatic changes that alter it from the product I purchased and avidly supported. I want reasonable DLC's, and I don't want sweeping changes made to my game that aren't bug fixes.

I've hardly touched Shogun 2 now since these changes. When someone goes from over 400 hrs gameplay to zero, you know there've got to be problems.

May 18th is still a month away. I don't want to hear about the next title, I don't care about the speculation of what it is. I want this title fixed and made stable. We've been dealing with unresolved issues since CA went 3D.
    With vanilla Shogun 2 we saw the best release in the franchise, with beautiful graphics, improved ai and playability right out of the box. Why WHY was there a need felt to bring that down?
    Last edited by Captain Arrrgh!; April 23, 2012 at 01:41 PM.

Sounds like CA got a lot of work of head of them. Let's hope they do it right.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Why should those of us with high spec Pc s be penalised to give those with old PCs a FPS boost? I thought this game was to be a graphics showcase for CA.I want graphics and game play that’s why I have a gaming PC. I don’t want carton looking graphics if I did id still have windows 98 or have a playstation 1, Ultra settings should mean ultra for those of us who can handle that, those who can’t can lower the settings simple. I have noticed no FPS boost in fact the opposite and I’m not alone there, HDR and depth of field is totally messed up and the blood DLC is screwed up. As for having a quad core CA don’t know what multi core optimisation is. I don’t want to know what the new title is until they fix Shogun 2.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Well that's good to hear, Craig.

I do find it silly that you guys have to keep so much stuff secret. I mean, it's not like it's making you (CA, or SEGA) more money. All it's doing is frustrating us.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Well that's good to hear, Craig.

I do find it silly that you guys have to keep so much stuff secret. I mean, it's not like it's making you (CA, or SEGA) more money. All it's doing is frustrating us.
    Maybe to keep us from burning up with hype?

Not like you guys can change what the next games about this far into development. Might aswell announce that soon.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast