Thread: I NEVER LISTEN /PAY ATTENTION to victory conditions

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Default I NEVER LISTEN /PAY ATTENTION to victory conditions

Whether it be from Rome Total War to Napoleon Total War, I never pay attention to that. My way of playing is to take down weak factions and whittle-down the ones that piss me off while trying to build a stable and strong empire. There might be rare instances where I do try to finish it, but the freeplay outweighs the other way massively.

Anyone else do this?

Default Re: I NEVER LISTEN /PAY ATTENTION to victory conditions

ABSOLUTELY! I always just try to build my empire how I want and attack factions I feel like attacking. For example in Medieval 2 Broken Crescent mod, I playing as ERE went to war with Rum because they kept crossing a bridge to go through my territory to one of their cities. So I blocked the bridge and they just found another way so I invaded! So I only fight for reasons like that, or to help an ally or just defending myself. I also try to avoid war whenever possible, in the same mod for M2TW a faction sent a full stack into my territory, so I placed a FS of my own in front, then they sent another, I did the same. The arms race went on until they had six stacks and I had 4 it ended up being the bloodiest battle I ever experienced ever. After I won I asked for peace and gave the territory to my ally. Eventually the enemy attacked my ally and then the two of us teamed up on them.
    Last edited by Emperor Hantscher; July 07, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

Me to, I never try to follow the victory conditions , but I always first put the short campaign and after it is over the long campaign starts. In this way I get more time to play the game...

But usually I expand my Empire in the way I want, I don't follow what the game tells me...

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    Me to, I never try to follow the victory conditions , but I always first put the short campaign and after it is over the long campaign starts. In this way I get more time to play the game...

But usually I expand my Empire in the way I want, I don't follow what the game tells me...
    I'm looking forward to Rome 2's multiple ways of winning option.

❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋'s Avatar Semisalis

Since I like to turtle a lot I do not care either.
    The description Last of the Romans (Ultimus Romanorum) has historically been given to any man thought to embody the values of Ancient Roman civilization —values which, by implication, became extinct on his death. It has been used to describe a number of individuals.
    Flavius Belisarius (505?–565), one of the greatest generals of the Byzantine Empire and one of the most acclaimed generals in history. He was also the only Byzantine general to be granted a Roman Triumph.

I pretty much go for total conquest or until I get bored with the map. So long as the AI doesn't accomplish its victory conditions, I don't really care what happens.

I never through any of my total war games have tried to reach victory conditions, I rarely ever do the missions! Honestly Shogun 2 was the first total war game to give rewards that were worth doing a mission for, but other than that I didnt give a damn about the conditions, I just wanted total domination.

I don't really follow the victory conditions either. I just tend to take the regions I want, which sometimes are listed in the victory conditions.

Laetus

In M2TW, whatever faction I am, I ally the Papal States so I automatically become like popes best friends, then I declare a Crusade, win the crusade, take over all of the middle east, then I make my way up from there, casually destroying any factions that become exiled, kill rival faction popes by assassinating them. Then at the end I have conquered the world! (After fully betraying all of my allies and the papal states of course!)