View Poll Results: Would you buy World war II total war?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 38.32%
  • No

66 61.68%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: World war II Total war

Default World war II Total war

We are trying to predict the next Total war all of us but all thou i doubt the next game would be World War II. Would it be such a horrible thing ?

Think the maginot line
    Operation barbarosa

World war II is a sensetive subject and to make a strategy game featuring the Wehrmacht and nazi germany as playable is obvioulsy scary, but Who else but a Creative assembly can actually capture the epicness of World war II tho?

With FOTS they opened my eyes a little and showed what their actually capable of with third person and bombardment.
    Last edited by DeliCiousTZM; April 22, 2012 at 03:32 PM.

Ordinarius

Default Re: World war II Total war

I'm not interested in this period of history

Would be awesome, but would have to be the whole 20th century. Just WW1-2 is too linear. Nobody wants another Nap/Fall.

Expect a lot of trolls, afraid of change in this thread. People that would rather play Rome 8 and Medieval 12 before something actually new and ambitious comes out.
    Last edited by Szlachta; April 22, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Nope

It could be interesting seeing a more convoluted battlefield (mashed up housing e.t.c...) than the typically barren open battlefields you usually get.
    We have alot of World War II games though, World War 1 or something that hasn't been done much before would be interesting.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    World war II is a sensetive subject and to make a strategy game featuring the Wehrmacht and nazi germany as playable is obvioulsy scary.
    Not really.

You can play as the Wehrmacht in Company of Heroes.

There are loads of WW2 strategy games, Sudden Strike, Hearts of Iron, Codename: Panzers, Blitzkrieg, to name just few. The WW2 strategy market was completely saturated during the 00's.
    Last edited by Kazang; April 22, 2012 at 03:54 PM.

Company Of Heroes: OF portrayed the Nazi's as quite human and not cliche bad. It was quite refreshing to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoBo1 View Post
    Company Of Heroes: OF portrayed the Nazi's as quite human and not cliche bad. It was quite refreshing to be honest.

Not every German was a Nazi, most were simply Professional Soldiers doing their jobs.

As for a WW2 Total War.. it would be interesting to say the least.. but you would have to combine several genres.

Think Company of Heroes style battles (but a lot more refined) with Hearts of Iron strategy map.

20th Century Total War FTW.

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

I would not buy a conventional Total War game re-skinned for World War 2 stuff. Like, the battle of Stalingrade wasn't 60 minutes of 12,000 dudes fighting on an urban themed map. I would by one if they somehow managed to find a way to reflect the scale of battles of the era I might give it a shot. Such a game would arguably not be recognizable as a Total War game.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Ward View Post
    I would not buy a conventional Total War game re-skinned for World War 2 stuff. Like, the battle of Stalingrade wasn't 60 minutes of 12,000 dudes fighting on an urban themed map. I would by one if they somehow managed to find a way to reflect the scale of battles of the era I might give it a shot. Such a game would arguably not be recognizable as a Total War game.
    ...It would be recognizable as a TW game as soon as you started it up and started a campaign... Not like TW ever went for correct scaling anyway, ever.

Personnaly

WW 2 was not really instersting in term of strategy and diplomacy.

I'm just dreaming about a Rome 2 ...

Darth Vader: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That is all

Quote Originally Posted by Froggie38 View Post
    Personnaly

WW 2 was not really instersting in term of strategy and diplomacy.

I'm just dreaming about a Rome 2 ...
    ...You must know absolutely nothing about either great war then...

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

There is already a lot WWII games, so no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Szlachta View Post
    ...You must know absolutely nothing about either great war then...
    I meant for me ... I prefer to play without guns in TW game

It wouldnt be interesting at all. Besides, it was a different type of warfare than the one TW focus on.

A WW2 TW as Tim_Ward said wouldnt be anywhere near current TW style battles. They might as well go modern warfare since its so popular now or future warfare, think battles on Mars, colonization of Saturn etc. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Froggie38 View Post
    I meant for me ... I prefer to play without guns in TW game
    So you only play Rome?

Quote Originally Posted by CptAustus View Post
    It wouldnt be interesting at all. Besides, it was a different type of warfare than the one TW focus on.
    Actually it would be, lol at the afraid of change crowd, that want to wallow in the same 3 rehashed titles year after year..

It would be the most epic TW ever made, and isn't too much of a leap from Fall, it would have to entail the whole century though.
    Last edited by Ishan; April 22, 2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Double Post

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

Quote Originally Posted by Szlachta
    ...It would be recognizable as a TW game as soon as you started it up and started a campaign... Not like TW ever went for correct scaling anyway, ever.
    It would either by recognizable as a Total War game or recognizable as World War 2, but not both.

Total War battles have always been smaller in scale than the real world counterparts, but there's not usually more than a single zero (two for the gunpowder era games) different between Total War armies and the real historical deal. War World 1 and 2 saw battles involving hundreds of thousands of soldiers, fighting over areas about the size of a typical Total War province, for months. Then add concepts like strategic bombing, naval battles carried out over vast areas of ocean thanks to aircraft carriers and ships packing weapons with ranges measured in miles.

Even allowing for typical Total War downscaling, you're looking at a game which is closer to the more abstract strategy games like those of Paradox or the Civ series than the turned based/rts hybrid the TW series is known for.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast