Thread: The PFM 2.1's MyMod Feature

Default The PFM 2.1's MyMod Feature

I just uploaded the new PFM version with a mod management feature; here's how it supposed to work.
    It is intended to manage single-pack mods, allowing to declare a base directory for each; this basically works like the PFM of old, but is more flexible IMO.
    If you don't want to use the feature, that is no problem; the pre-defined "None" entry should make the PFM behave just as before. I'd really recommend you try it out though, I find it makes things much easier.

1. Go to the "MyMods" menu and select "New".

2. Enter the name of your mod into the input box. This name is what the manager will use as the pack name (<name>.pack).

3. Select the base directory for this mod.
    - this is where your pack file will be saved
    - all data you extract from any pack, the PFM will put here (no save dialog will be shown anymore)
    - when adding files from below this directory, the PFM will create all in-pack subdirectories relative to this path

4. Now, the Open File dialog is opened in the Shogun data directory. This happens because usually when creating a new mod, you want to start off with data from one of the original pack files. You can cancel this if you want and start off with your empty pack directly.

5. The mod is now added to the MyMods menu so you can select it again later; you can create as many mods as you like with this method. Switching to another one will also open its associated pack file.

6. Once you want to test your mod, you can use the "Install mod" feature. What this will do is copy the pack file to Shogun's data directory, and if you're editing a "Mod" type pack, add an entry to your user.script.txt file if one isn't in already.

7. The "Uninstall" will rename the pack in the data directory by appending a ".old" suffix so the game won't find it anymore when starting. If you're working on a "Mod" type pack, the corresponding entry in the user.script.txt file will be commented out so the game will ignore it.

When you start the PFM, the last mod you worked on will be set and its pack file opened.

You can easily delete MyMod entries by activating them and select the "Delete Current" menu item (the "None" entry cannot be deleted). This will not delete any data on your hard disk, so the pack file will still be present, as will the files you extracted underneath the mod's base directory. If you deleted an entry by accident, you can just recreate it by giving it the same name and choosing the same directory as before.

If you already have a mod and want to create an entry for it, just put it in the working directory you want and enter the pack's name when asked for it; it will be found and opened.

I still have some improvements in mind, but I wanted to get this out reasonably early to get a read on how it's perceived.
    Let me know what you think
    Last edited by daniu; May 06, 2012 at 06:24 AM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: The PFM 2.1's MyMod Feature

This looks intriguing! I'll have a go at it tomorrow .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

A++ feature. Has made my life much easyer not having to worry about that directory everything is going to. Easy to swap around which 'mod' you are sending files to.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

hello, if i want to mod FOTS, which pack should be working with: patch19 or patch_fots4?

Miles

I think you will need to repost that in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=494248 as that is the one for the Pack File Manager.

No, it won't be topical there either.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Edited OP to document the new "install" and "uninstall" feature in 2.1.3.

Install:
    What this will do is copy the pack file to Shogun's data directory, and if you're editing a "Mod" type pack, add an entry to your user.script.txt file if one isn't in already.

Uninstall:
    Will rename the pack in the data directory by appending a ".old" suffix so the game won't find it anymore when starting. If you're working on a "Mod" type pack, the corresponding entry in the user.script.txt file will be commented out so the game will ignore it.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

It does not say how to mod turns Shoguns / data.pack??

Hi :-) I was wondering if someone can help me: I'm trying to change a daymio name but its not working, I am using PFM, the procedure that I'm using is: datapack,db then names_tables, I change name and surname there but I have a problem when I try to save as it says: Will only save MOD and non-CA movie files with current setting, so I have tried to save my changes by going to PFM options and ticking off CA packs are read only and I saved directly to the original datapack(I made a back up of course) but it still doesn't work, the game loads ok but the daimyo name when I start a new game is still the same, help needed please!

Md AdLi's Avatar Libertus

- I edited the units "ammo"
    - Install / save the mod
    - Created the "user.script"

and it still don't work ingame, ammo is still in default. Did i miss out some steps?
    Last edited by Md AdLi; June 22, 2013 at 01:48 AM.

Can anyone explain how can I add an entry to "user.script.txt". Where do I find it?