Thread: Shogun 2 FOTS Sci fi mod?

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Default Shogun 2 FOTS Sci fi mod?

Well i essentially just wanted to see how everyone would feel about this:

What about a sci fi mod for Shogun 2 FOTS?

I think you could get closer to a good sci fi mod with Fall of the Samurai than you could with previous games, with things like Naval Bombardment (could represent air bombardment), the Railway system (which could represent alot of different things, bullet trains, air travel, even teleportation)....

A really talented modder could even make it so that boats could travel on land (although i really dont know how) but then we could change the boats to aircraft such as planes or helicopters, battle map bombardments could become much more commonplace to represent how it is irl....

The gatling gun could be modded to be a more advanced machine gun, and ideally the Tank models from the Great War mod for Napoleon TW could be ported to the Shogun 2 engine and then modded from there.....

Best idea would be to start off with a custom battle only mod and then go from there. Let me know what you guys think

-Pazu

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

Default Re: Shogun 2 FOTS Sci fi mod?

I would love this, i think a total war mod going this direction could be amazing.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Pazu the Kitsune View Post
    Well i essentially just wanted to see how everyone would feel about this:

What about a sci fi mod for Shogun 2 FOTS?

I think you could get closer to a good sci fi mod with Fall of the Samurai than you could with previous games, with things like Naval Bombardment (could represent air bombardment), the Railway system (which could represent alot of different things, bullet trains, air travel, even teleportation)....

A really talented modder could even make it so that boats could travel on land (although i really dont know how) but then we could change the boats to aircraft such as planes or helicopters, battle map bombardments could become much more commonplace to represent how it is irl....

The gatling gun could be modded to be a more advanced machine gun, and ideally the Tank models from the Great War mod for Napoleon TW could be ported to the Shogun 2 engine and then modded from there.....

Best idea would be to start off with a custom battle only mod and then go from there. Let me know what you guys think

-Pazu
    But, sorry, the s2 and ntw machine are different as I know.
    And also, is all that you said possible?

VE..

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Plagiat_93's Avatar Libertus

I love the idea! But how VENNONETES said, is that all possible? I heard that shogun 2 is limited modding wise.

I dont really know if its possible, wed need a crack mod team to pull this off since it would really be pushing the Shogun 2 engine to its limits.....I'd start out with a custom battles only mod, so all wed be working on is units to start off with....

As for factions, ive been thinking, since its Japan we could have it set in say the year 2063 and the factions would be different companies/organizations fighting for control of Japan, one would have superior Exoskeleton units, one might be a Russian mafia backed faction, one might have superior infantry enhanced by cybernetics, one might have superior AI (better unmanned tanks and stuff like that), the list goes on....

Anyways its basically a large test of the Shogun 2 engine, we'd push it as far as she can go and then stop there, although again the problem is if its too limited is it really even worth pursuing in the first place...

Icon10 Re: Shogun 2 FOTS Sci fi mod?

ENTER THE MATRIX TOTAL WAR

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Superghostboy View Post
    ENTER THE MATRIX TOTAL WAR

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

LOL

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I don't know how possible it is, and it would be REEEEEEEEAAAALLLLY stretching the engine to the limit, but....

Yeah, this would be pretty cool.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."