Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Napoleon Feedback for version 2.4

Default DarthMod Napoleon Feedback for version 2.4

-----
    Post your feedback and suggestions
    and everything will be noticed
    in order to optimise the mod
    -----

Please give some time to rate the mod HERE!
    And also you can read the full changelog.

Be a member of DarthMod@Twitter

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon Feedback for version 2.4

Thanks again for another great release!!
    iv played for a couple hours and gotta say the BAI feels much better actually going volley to volley rather than straight out brawls!

ill hopefully try to get some more gameage in tomorrow!!

Icon2 Re: DarthMod Napoleon Feedback for version 2.4

Hi & thx!

i have a little Bug/Error Message when i start the DM Launcher.

"Error: attempt to concatente global 'sProduct (anvil value)
    Stack Traceback:
    1:[Project -> On Sartup] line146 in main chunk"

After i close the window the DM Launcher Start & i Start NTW. In Game is all Okay now, but i'm not sure or maybe submode or another don't are enabled.

I take a look of the Units in NTW3 Mod. Very Cool it's possible to make DM Units with NTW3 Units as Merged Version?

I got some time playing as the Ottomans in a 40x campaign. The CAI has magically started to play better, which is great. They seem less reckless and irrational, and actual strategic in their diplomacy. I need more time to really see how they'll behave, but thus far I've been really impressed.
    The BAI seems slightly improved, but there are still two issues I've found. One, is their tendency to re-shuffle their line by running units on the extreme flanks to the opposing flank. One can exhaust their entire army by simply making small shifts in your line. The second is the AI's static nature. For a good portion of the battle, mostly on defense (logically), it just sits there. The only real action it takes is reshuffling of the line, as I described before. It'd be great if the AI was less focused on just having one straight line facing you and more on strategic maneuvers. To break the AI, all you really need to do is split your forces into two or more groups and zig-zag before engaging so they spend all their time running around and can't set up a proper front to meet yours.
    That being said, there are certain moments where the AI really shines. I do wish it would happen more, as having such idiotic behavior ruin a battle can get frustrating at times.

Great mod Darth, keep up the great work.

i played some battle , Ai still can't form deep formation when defending .

I hope AI can form formation like UAI 1.05

Thanks for informing us. Release frontpaged on the Modsaholic homepage.

I get lag now since 2.4 Before that I was lag free. Changing settings to lower graphics, less units,etc does not help.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Downloaded it I will try to give feedback in a few days

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Thanks for the release! I'll try it out when I get the chance.

Until then, has anyone seen if the annoying graphical flickering that was in the beta is gone for this version?

yes , it has gone .

I've been playing as France using a x40 save, in the Europe Campaign.

The Battle AI has been Fine, its hard to win a decisive victory.

But the CAI is far to passive. I haven't seen the British since turn one, when they sailed there navy to port.
    The Austrians just waited for me, ditto the Prussians, the Russians at least have tried to preempt me.
    Vanilla for all its faults, would engage in extensive raiding.

Naval warfare is non existent, in vanilla, the British were a pain in the ass, as holding any trade routes was a problem. Now the British have not even tried to control one, nor has anyone (apart from Russia) tried to take mine.

The game has been reduced to picking apart the AI factions at your leisure, is this just the 40x saves?

Its late December 06.

I have noticed the lag and I tried everything. Even an older version of DMN which used to play fine.... I am clueless what has happened the last 2 days and now there is lag.
    Maybe the latest Steam update did something to Napoleon Total War?
    Maybe the new Launcher is not liked by Steam?
    What the hell really?

I need your help.
    Can you try to play the game without using the Launcher?(Enable once your preferred settings, run the game with the launcher, close the game and the Launcher, and then re-run the game using only the game shortcut).
    Also can someone uninstall DMN 2.4 and revert back to DMN 2.3 (which played Ok) to see if there is lag?
    -----------------------
    OK I found the solution. I want to see if this is Launcher related or a necessary procedure if you change graphics settings.
    Delete the file: preferences.script.txt
    which is here:
    %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

NO LAG after this if you play without the launcher.
    Please play again with the launcher to see if it re-occurs.

-------------------

EDIT:
    Unfortunately there is a problem with the game and how it interacts with the size script so to fix this issue, until we provide a hotfix with auto-solution is the following:
    -Delete the preferences.script.txt as advised above
    -Disable DarthMod and enter the VANILLA game to change there your GFX settings as you want them
    -Enable DarthMod and do not change GFX settings again!

Simply DISABLE Particle effects Ultra to resolve your lag.. until I see the exact reason.
    EDIT.

Tonight a HotFix version will be uploaded which will include the following:

• BAI finetune to create more proper musketlines.
    • Fire by rank reloads now a little faster.
    • Howitzer fragments more realistic trajectories.
    • CAI less passive from what it has been reported.
    • Lag issues that have been reported have been addressed:
      Lag is created when you choose Ultra particles (in vanilla too when using ATI cards) or somehow the game preferences get messed.
      Now the Darth effects have all the necessary in High Particle settings (no need to use Ultra) and to be sure you can delete the game preferences from the launcher with one click (File->Preferences script->Delete) to set them again with safety inside the game.

Quote Originally Posted by merocaine View Post
    I've been playing as France using a x40 save, in the Europe Campaign.

The Battle AI has been Fine, its hard to win a decisive victory.

But the CAI is far to passive. I haven't seen the British since turn one, when they sailed there navy to port.
    The Austrians just waited for me, ditto the Prussians, the Russians at least have tried to preempt me.
    Vanilla for all its faults, would engage in extensive raiding.

Naval warfare is non existent, in vanilla, the British were a pain in the ass, as holding any trade routes was a problem. Now the British have not even tried to control one, nor has anyone (apart from Russia) tried to take mine.

The game has been reduced to picking apart the AI factions at your leisure, is this just the 40x saves?

Its late December 06.
    Strange, I play as GB (40 units save) and France is too passive. They lost their fleet early against me and I have the upperhand at sea. Spain is nowhere to be seen. France didnt do anything, instead Prussia took Hannover, Amsterdam and Brussel. Austria defeated France in Italy and took Northern Italy and Switzerland. At least, after I landed in Britany, Napoleon himself went for me. Before they lost a 20 units army in a fine battle (although there were once again cavalry units charging frontally into my lines).

The smokes effects are superb now, I really like them!

Perhaps you remember, Darth Vader, how happy I was with the smoke and dust effects of version 2.3, beta update 5. The effects were just amazing!

Now I played with version 2.4 and I am very dissappointed. In fact I'm shocked...

MUSKET SMOKE: not near as lifelike as the before mentioned version (2.3 + update 5). There is a dark grey (?) smoke to start with, and then it becomes this thin smoke screen. It has been argued on and on that the smoke was historically quite white . These new smoke effects lack the density and the wind movement that the earlier version has. It is simply not convincing, let alone capable to emerge me in a napoleonic battle like before. One thing I do like is the muzzle flashes.

ARTILLERY SMOKE: see the comment I wrote for the muskets. Plus that there is now a mix of grey and black smoke when a cannon ball hits the surface. Do not understand that, and it is not pleasing to the eye...

I am really very sorry to write such comments Darth, because I usually like what you do, but it seems you have spoiled me with the earlier version. It will be very hard for me to accept these latest effects, if at all possible. I am really unhappy with this version - where the effects are concerned (I will check out the BAI later). Of course it has crossed my mind that you were forced to (in my humble opinion) downgrade the effects to solve the flickering screen problem. If so, please communicate this to give me some peace. If not I hope you will change your mind.

OTHER OBSERVATIONS: I played France in my latest battle, and I missed a lot of troop cards! No camels, for example!! This only makes me even unhappier... I love my camels . Further I am not able to load/start a saved battle. I am not able to review an old battle either... The game crashes when I try.

Here's hoping you can make things right... At the moment I'm thinking of returning to the 2.3 + update 5, but that was never my intention.

Last edited by Major Hogan; April 23, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
    A duel?! Oh give me a hand Sir. You're a brave fellow!

Major Hogan
    I really do not know what you played previously and praised but these effects are exactly the same with some very minor fine tuning, irrelevant with these you mention. Very strange indeed.
    Also the cannon balls impact produce these realistic dust effects from the very first version of the mod. Sad I read this comment. I must move on to upload the new hotfix version which hopefully will be acknowledged more positive by others.

PS. Your report of missing cards reveals that you have to recheck your installation because DarthMod has not this problem... maybe it will help to reset the script from the launcher, it is easy.

Unfortunately a server issue prevented me to upload the hotfix tonight. Will do tomorrow. Good night.

@Darth Vader
    My praise was for v2.4 Open Beta Update 5, a real benchmark for me. But I did as you suggested and enabled SP. I cannot play with added maps but I got my camels back! You were of course right that I should have understood that less unit cards mean that something is not right. What's more, I see the smoke and dust effects that I have come to love.

So I'm not sure what has gone wrong. I had trouble in uninstalling 2.3 and installed 2.4 on top, after which I uninstalled and installed 2.4 again. Before, I could play with added maps without problem (enabling custom script) but this seems to give a problem right now. Hopefully a set of maps that is compatible with DMN will come soon. I wrote down what version I saw on screen: 'V1.3.0 Build 1707.284994'. Currently I see 'DarthMod 2.4' above that version number, and I will keep an eye on that to make sure it is there in the future.

Please forgive me for my previous comment. I was so shocked I did not realize that someting was wrong with my installation, not with DarthMod.

Your loyal Major Hogan.
    A duel?! Oh give me a hand Sir. You're a brave fellow!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast