View Poll Results: Would you follow this course?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes ,I'd like to follow this course.

32 94.12%
  • No ,you are frikkin nuts. I have better stuff to do!

0 0%
  • Meh...

2 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWTE class

Default IWTE class

Primary Draft of courses can be found here : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post11129425

For those of you who are unaware about IWTE ,aka , the World editing tool of M2TW, it is the tool that gave us unique battle map settlements on Third Age Total War. With all the credits going to wilddog ,Argantonio, KnightErrant
    and makanyane for creating this tool!!! Which took them apparently two years of work!!!

Me personally ,I don't have any experience with the tool at all ,but I'm quite eager to have a crack at this because it is so astonishing what can be achieved. For the moment ,there aren't a lot of IWTE editors because it is a tough cookie. If however a class would exist ,we as a group could motivate each other and help eachother out during this long journey.

I would try to mentor this ,and if there is enough interest in such a class I will be more motivated as well to see this through!

I will try and see if I can find some co-mentors who are willing to help me set this up and help in troubleshooting ,considering I'm just as fresh as the rest of us. If you first want to have a closer look at the process ,you can find KingKong's tutorial here and the pdf format here ;with creds to Gigantus for making the pdf-file.

What would be requiered:
    - IWTE-tool
    - Milkshape ,which is an easy to use modellingsoftware and has a 30 days trial and can be bought for the very democratic price of 25 euros or 35 USD. Milkshape really isnt hard to use! I will even offer assistance for the utter milkshape noob!
    - Photoshop or GIMP
    - a lot of motivation and patience

I would limit the complicity though. Limit the settlement to one gate ,one street.... Im not planning on recreating Minas Tirith!

Ideas ,opinions ... trolling?

Support : more than enough support ...
    Last edited by BURNY26; March 05, 2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Son of the now supersilly walking MasterBigAb/戦国無双

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: IWTE class

Awesome idea (although a bit crazy ). Although I think there are few with enough skills to teach a class (about 6, 7, 8 on entire TWC) and it would take a long time as creating settlements is a complicated business (I've tried it a bit. Failed hard ). Good luck with it!

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

YouR crazy Burny

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Awesome idea (although a bit crazy ). Although I think there are few with enough skills to teach a class (about 6, 7, 8 on entire TWC) and it would take a long time as creating settlements is a complicated business (I've tried it a bit. Failed hard ). Good luck with it!
    It WILL take a lot of time ,but Im planning on keeping the settlements very simple. 4 Walls ,one gate ,one street.... As said in OP ,if we are in a group there will be more motivation to get ot the next level! We are going to take this one step at a time !(Me as well btw )

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    YouR crazy Burny
    Thank you ma silleh daddy!

This was crazy as well : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=523268 but it got somewhere! We now have a vault!

count me in mate

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I think this would really be an achievement for the modding community here. I hope to see it happen!

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

I am crazy!!!
    CAn I join?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Great idea! Might actually try a hand at it myself. Keep me posted.

Quote Originally Posted by BURNY26 View Post
    For those of you who are unaware about IWTE ,aka , the World editing tool of M2TW, it is the tool that gave us unique battle map settlements on Third Age Total War. With all the credits going to wilddog
    and makanyane for creating this tool!!! Which took them apparently two years of work!!!
    Just to sort out the credits....
    I'm not a writer of the tool software, I was involved in some research, testing and occasionally help answer questions about it. Before we got involved Argantonio and KnightErrant had spent at least another year investigating the settlement files, and KnightErrant wrote the first tools capable of editing the files. Wilddog has since developed and expanded on those and has managed to make things more effectively editable by introducing the ability to change number of objects/structures, and resolve a lot of other issues like on-wall deployment, adding effects, duplicating existing animations, and integration of the ability to edit a lot of other associated files (depressingly that probably has taken more than two years)

@BURNY will have a chat to you elsewhere about your plans for this...

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    count me in mate
    Great!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    I think this would really be an achievement for the modding community here. I hope to see it happen!
    Not only an achievment for TWC ,but for myself as well !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NekoGenijalan View Post
    I am crazy!!!
    CAn I join?
    Yes you can ,after I consider it to be a good proposal with enough backing!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Great idea! Might actually try a hand at it myself. Keep me posted.
    Glad to hear you will be with us Gigantus ,your expertise will surely be needed !!!!!!!!!!! Would you be interested in possibly being a mentor? (Im not suggesting that you take it over from me ,but I could certainly use your support! )

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Just to sort out the credits....
    I'm not a writer of the tool software, I was involved in some research, testing and occasionally help answer questions about it. Before we got involved Argantonio and KnightErrant had spent at least another year investigating the settlement files, and KnightErrant wrote the first tools capable of editing the files. Wilddog has since developed and expanded on those and has managed to make things more effectively editable by introducing the ability to change number of objects/structures, and resolve a lot of other issues like on-wall deployment, adding effects, duplicating existing animations, and integration of the ability to edit a lot of other associated files (depressingly that probably has taken more than two years)

@BURNY will have a chat to you elsewhere about your plans for this...
    Will add their names to the OP and I have replied on your thread. : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post11099187

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Great idea Burny! I'll definetely follow this!

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Me too Good idea really.

Btw I have 3dsmax that will probably help I figure..

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    Great idea Burny! I'll definetely follow this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutschland View Post
    Me too Good idea really.

Btw I have 3dsmax that will probably help I figure..
    Welcome friends ,Romans ,citizens !

3dsmax wont be requiered for m2tw according to the king of kongs
    No worries though ,if you can get along with 3dsmax ,than I guess milkshape will be a piece of cake

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Ah very good

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

A nice initiative.

However, Would like to see more people really working on IWTE and not just "getting interested".

This thread is the IWTE encyclopedia, everything is here. (or almost everything).
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323503
    You can also ask here for your doubts and the IWTE masters will help you (they are good guys).

As far as I know, there is only 5 people who actually already did entire settlements and can totally handle with IWTE. As saying:

Devils_Advocate
    King Kong
    wilddog
    makanyane
    Me

I have one more settlement beeing made but I got stuck the last month because Im waiting response from KK about some of his stuff. And no more plans, Im tottaly busy now with real life engeneering projects (wich can collapse and kill people if I do something wrong ).

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    A nice initiative.

However, Would like to see more people really working on IWTE and not just "getting interested".

This thread is the IWTE encyclopedia, everything is here. (or almost everything).
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323503
    You can also ask here for your doubts and the IWTE masters will help you (they are good guys).

As far as I know, there is only 5 people who actually already did entire settlements and can totally handle with IWTE. As saying:

Devils_Advocate
    King Kong
    wilddog
    makanyane
    Me

I have one more settlement beeing made but I got stuck the last month because Im waiting response from KK about some of his stuff. And no more plans, Im tottaly busy now with real life engeneering projects (wich can collapse and kill people if I do something wrong ).

Good luck.
    Grazi! First comes passion/interest ,than strength ,than power and finally victory!
    The point of this course is to increase the IWTEmaker presence. I know it sounds probably amateurish in the way I am presenting it, but I have to start with something ,no ?

Thank you for your input otherwise , I truly appreciate it and wish the best of luck with RL or luck to the guys who will be using your contraptions!
    And please don't be a strangero n this thread or eventual course!

Alright blokes ,me and IVIarkI2I will start learning the IWTE stuff and make up drafts after that we have the impression we control IWTE.

Hmmm I add custom settlements to Akthross over a year ago which probably means I've completely fallen behind with what was a constantly evolving tool set.

Unless your going to re-write the tutorial by KK and try and condense the whole IWTE thread into an upto date and more user friendly guide/reference, you might find running a work shop a little tricky. I guess if you have support from makanyane (who really needs time to work on PKH.) and can put something in game by yourself first...

I can only say good luck at this stage.

edse's Avatar Domesticus

I would be interested. I it tried some time ago and could do some limited stuff, editing some of the terrain and adding weird looking objects. I had problems finding the right files though.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

So when is this class gonna start?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast