Thread: Suggestions for future Campaigns

Default Suggestions for future Campaigns

Hi there,

originating from this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=527459 I would like to offer my resources to you guys.
    I absolutely love what you have accomplished with your mod and i allowed myself to tweak something here and there.
    I would also suggest some changes for the different campaigns. For the beginning (as I was playing it) i would like to start with the revolutionary campaign.

Changes I would suggest:
    Start date - To make it more different to the italian campaign i thought it would be cool to start in 1792 as the first coalition war started there. This must include some alterations to existing alliances from the start.
    France is nearly at war with everybody including Hessen, Wurttemberg, Bavaria, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Switzerland and the "Batavian Republic". The "Batavian Republic" leads us to the next adjustment.
    As it did not exist before 1795-1796 it should be renamed the Netherlands or: Verenigde Nederlanden.
    Flag of the Verenigde Nederlanden:

I also adjusted the victory goals for the countries as followed: (Mostly added to the existing ones)

France:
    Holland
    Piedmont Liguria
    Wurttemberg
    Switzerland
    France
    Venetia
    Northern Italy
    (deleted the british objectives as the plans for an invasion came later)

Netherlands:
    Cleves Mark
    Flanders Wallonia
    Frisia

Wurttemberg:
    Alsace Lorraine

Hessen Kassel:
    Cleves Mark
    Alsace Lorraine

Prussia:
    Sachsen
    Hessen Kassel
    Cleves Mark
    Alsace Lorraine

Piedmont Sardinia:
    Provence

Britain:
    Provence
    (deleted bretagne, Netherlands and Spain)

Austria:
    Northern Italy
    Piedmont Liguria
    Provence
    Alsace Lorraine
    Bavaria
    France

For the italian campaign i changed only a few maintenance costs for units because you always go bankrupt a few turns after the beginning. Which is a gamebreaker especially when choosing hard difficulty.

Please feel free to add your thoughts and suggestions on the adjustments and if you would like to add them for a future release of your mod i would love to prepare the files for you.

All the best

Nigrinus
    Last edited by Nigrinus; April 20, 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Default Re: Suggestions for future Campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by Nigrinus View Post
    Hi there,

originating from this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=527459 I would like to offer my resources to you guys.
    I absolutely love what you have accomplished with your mod and i allowed myself to tweak something here and there.
    I would also suggest some changes for the different campaigns. For the beginning (as I was playing it) i would like to start with the revolutionary campaign.

Changes I would suggest:
    Start date - To make it more different to the italian campaign i thought it would be cool to start in 1792 as the first coalition war started there. This must include some alterations to existing alliances from the start.
    France is nearly at war with everybody including Hessen, Wurttemberg, Bavaria, Austria, Prussia, Great Britain, Switzerland and the "Batavian Republic". The "Batavian Republic" leads us to the next adjustment.
    As it did not exist before 1795-1796 it should be renamed the Netherlands or: Verenigde Nederlanden.
    Flag of the Verenigde Nederlanden:

I also adjusted the victory goals for the countries as followed: (Mostly added to the existing ones)

France:
    Holland
    Piedmont Liguria
    Wurttemberg
    Switzerland
    France
    Venetia
    Northern Italy
    (deleted the british objectives as the plans for an invasion came later)

Netherlands:
    Cleves Mark
    Flanders Wallonia
    Frisia

Wurttemberg:
    Alsace Lorraine

Hessen Kassel:
    Cleves Mark
    Alsace Lorraine

Prussia:
    Sachsen
    Hessen Kassel
    Cleves Mark
    Alsace Lorraine

Piedmont Sardinia:
    Provence

Britain:
    Provence
    (deleted bretagne, Netherlands and Spain)

Austria:
    Northern Italy
    Piedmont Liguria
    Provence
    Alsace Lorraine
    Bavaria
    France

For the italian campaign i changed only a few maintenance costs for units because you always go bankrupt a few turns after the beginning. Which is a gamebreaker especially when choosing hard difficulty.

Please feel free to add your thoughts and suggestions on the adjustments and if you would like to add them for a future release of your mod i would love to prepare the files for you.

All the best

Nigrinus
    Very interesting and thanks for the information Turning the clock back to 1792 makes it so much harder to mod it setup and "uniform-wise" but on the other hand it's not an idea that I will turn down.

Default Re: Suggestions for future Campaigns

I already modded my files up to the point where the diplomatic relations reflect these of 1792, altered the victory conditions and so on....changing the flags (netherlands)

I must admit i have no idea what the uniforms back then looked like, if they differ that much than the uniforms of 1796 but right now i am pleased with the new campaign beginning Everyone is at war with France....and i have to pick my targets carefully....lot of fun.