Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [Questions and Help] The Multiplayer/Hotseat Help & Discussion Thread

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: HELP!!! Lan Problem : No response from host

Quote Originally Posted by Baywatch View Post
    Have you tried directly linking your computers, as in connecting both with an ethernet cord rather than playing through a router? Your friend's computer is definitely the one causing problems.
    Thanks for the reply, yes our computers are connected with electric cord.. so what can we do...?

Baywatch's Avatar Ducenarius

Can't really say, I don't own a PC that runs XP and I've never attempted to LAN with one. Here is an article that may come in handy and if that doesn't help, I'd recommend Googling the problem and seeing what you can come up with. I'm sure you're not the only person to have trouble with this.

Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't be of much help to you.

Clearly has his priorities straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Baywatch View Post
    Can't really say, I don't own a PC that runs XP and I've never attempted to LAN with one. Here is an article that may come in handy and if that doesn't help, I'd recommend Googling the problem and seeing what you can come up with. I'm sure you're not the only person to have trouble with this.

Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't be of much help to you.
    Ok thank you anyway my friend...

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

ok I had a similar problem some time ago... maybe i can help you.
    I used vista, my brother XP
    we were using M2TW Kingdoms expansion

first of all, make sure your LAN functions. I mean, not only cablets and lights...

you should go to search and type "cmd"; a shell will open. type this:

ping 192.168.0.1

the number is windows default IP address for LAN with 2 PCs, if you have changed it you should type your different number. the computer will execute the command and you will see if the LAN can function or not. if it doesn't, you have a real problem and should search out of this forum how to solve it, i fear.
    if the LAN functions:

-try to disable the firewall, or at least let it pass medieaval2.exe AND kingdoms.exe as exceptions
    -be sure you are using the same version of the game (too obvious, but i have to say it)

if there are not problems from this sides, well... the game should function, unless any installation error has occourred... maybe something that does not inficiate the game itself, but makes the 2 games you are using, by fact, different. so:

-check if the files in your installation folder (my one is C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War) are the same in both the PC, if there are some exceeding files
    -be sure you can see "hide" files, like system files. you can do this from

control panel (in classic visualization) / folder options / visualization

-see this 2 sentences:
    one is "show hidden files and folder" (tick it)
    one is "do not show protected system files" (untick it)

if there are different files.. well, keep patience and re-install M2TW AND Kingdoms in both the PCs
    if it does not function... i don't know how to help you. ask somewhere else, or try a pilgrimage to Lourdes.

in my case, I had to re install the game for an error on the xp

I hope having helped you to solve your problem

Kiliç Alì

EDIT: maybe some word or sentence in the PCs can be different from what I typed... that is, becouse my PC, Language is Italian and I've tryed to translate it in English. but the meanings should not change, I hope...
    Last edited by Kiliç Alì; April 07, 2011 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    ok I had a similar problem some time ago... maybe i can help you.
    I used vista, my brother XP
    we were using M2TW Kingdoms expansion

first of all, make sure your LAN functions. I mean, not only cablets and lights...

you should go to search and type "cmd"; a shell will open. type this:

ping 192.168.0.1

the number is windows default IP address for LAN with 2 PCs, if you have changed it you should type your different number. the computer will execute the command and you will see if the LAN can function or not. if it doesn't, you have a real problem and should search out of this forum how to solve it, i fear.
    if the LAN functions:

-try to disable the firewall, or at least let it pass medieaval2.exe AND kingdoms.exe as exceptions
    -be sure you are using the same version of the game (too obvious, but i have to say it)

if there are not problems from this sides, well... the game should function, unless any installation error has occourred... maybe something that does not inficiate the game itself, but makes the 2 games you are using, by fact, different. so:

-check if the files in your installation folder (my one is C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War) are the same in both the PC, if there are some exceeding files
    -be sure you can see "hide" files, like system files. you can do this from

control panel (in classic visualization) / folder options / visualization

-see this 2 sentences:
    one is "show hidden files and folder" (tick it)
    one is "do not show protected system files" (untick it)

if there are different files.. well, keep patience and re-install M2TW AND Kingdoms in both the PCs
    if it does not function... i don't know how to help you. ask somewhere else, or try a pilgrimage to Lourdes.

in my case, I had to re install the game for an error on the xp

I hope having helped you to solve your problem

Kiliç Alì

EDIT: maybe some word or sentence in the PCs can be different from what I typed... that is, becouse my PC, Language is Italian and I've tryed to translate it in English. but the meanings should not change, I hope...
    Thanks a lot my friend, I really appreciate your help!!! I will check this out, thanks again!!!!!!!

Default Re: multiplayer

mine it says failed to log in any one have ideas?

Default Help

How do I get a hot seat going I have hamchi me and my buddie are connected but we seem to be not connecting some how to the same campaign using the hot seat in MP any help would be appreciated.

yujote's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Help

um dude. thw point of hotseat is that u gotta use the same computer. lol. then one of u starts, then does ur turn, then u end urs. then, ur friend does his, then ends it, and u do urs (etc.) sooooo yeah. u gotta use the same computer noob? no prob. just read the manual to the game!
    Check Out My Gaming Blog! (Help Wanted)

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Tunggle with MOS 5.2+expansion project 3.0

Hello, does any1 play Third Age with MOS5.2+Expansion project 3.0 through tunggle? Would be nice to play online against other players
    Btw i did use the search function and it could not find anything like this

hey i don't know if this is the right place to be asking, but i've installed the patches after downloading medevil 2 and dlc off steam. and it says it cant find the file kingdom.exe. And i have no clue why. i've browsed lots of forums and noone has had this problem. its really annoying me lol.

yep...this isn't the right place

but here(in the link above) a player has the same problem(now resolved) ask him how he manange to do that...i tryed to help him but it seems that he resolved it by himself

here is the link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...74565&page=107

Default Re: Third Age: Mediel 2 Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I have a problem too. I instal everithing. Created a .bat fille and when I start it gives me uncpecified eror.
    I did all deleting map.rwm and attached the camp. script and still doesnt work.
    I realy want to play the mod and I am sorry for my bad English.
    Hope you can help.

Icon5 How to set up a hotseat game.

Hi.
    Rather new to the TATW forums but have other friends who play it and would love to do a hotseat campaign with them, but I cannot find any instructions to set this up. Please post a link to a instruction thread or explain this.

Thanks in advance.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: How to set up a hotseat game.

Default Best rules for online battles

I want to play balanced online battles with my friends
    but what are the best rules for TA 2.1? 10 000/15000? numer of units?

ty very much

Default Re: Best rules for online battles

The best for me is 15k max 6-8 archers, max 6 of the same unit type, max 2 horsearchers. That's also very similliar to the "clan war belt" rules that are generally used in rtw and m2tw.

Default Multiplyer

when i go on third age multiplyer it says all the games are incompatible. because all the games are different mods ( v1. 03) how do i fix this ????????

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Multiplyer

The games in the list are all Medieval 2 games that are online so it doesn't have to be TATW they are playing. If they are playing Third Age TW and you still can't join because of a different version, the person you want to join may have a weird installation.

Default Re: Multiplyer

oh, ok thanks

Default Third Age Bugs

Hollo, I just downloaded this mod not too long ago and it keep shutting down and saying it has encountered an error, I am doing something wrong, can I fix this, or is there another patch coming out or something that will fix this?