Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: [Questions and Help] The Multiplayer/Hotseat Help & Discussion Thread

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Cant open online

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags14 View Post
    MTW2 lags with large battles offline between 2 players(talking 6000+ troops)
    Well that's a CPU problem and not an internet problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags14
    And it definately isnt less speed intensive, there are alot calculations running in a battle which requires alot of data transfer/s . So u can try but unless u play on normal or lower unit sizes its going to lag.
    You might be right, like I said I've never really played much Total War online.

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Well that's a CPU problem and not an internet problem.
    I was just saying that it lags even without having to connect the data with two computers. And it only lags for me with 6000+ troops on highest settings so I'm not complaining

Default Multiplayer problem - help needed

Ok, so I decided that with the 3.0 release I was going to publicise TATW as much as possible, and to make some online games with a friend I introduced to the mod.
    This seems to be easier said than done howhever, because, even if we can both access to the "online" menu of battles in the "multiplayer" section, we cannot join eachoter's battle or even any battle at all.

I strongly suspect this is firewall related so we:
    Disabled windows 7 firewall; (I) disabled my Hamachi, and finally, desperate, googled a solution but couldn't find any ...
    Is this a port problem? How do I configure ports? What ports needs to be configured in order to get online mode up and running? What else might be the problem? Thank you to anyone so kind to help me .
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Multiplayer problem - help needed

First make sure you both have Kingdoms 1.5, and 3.0. Then make sure you both have a clean version of 3.0 no sub-mods. The host should label the game and it should show up even if you are in-compatible. Make sure your both Online not LAN. It is not your firewall, or at least i dont think.

Its either

-You have Kingdoms V.1.4 and your friend has 1.5 (You can check this by going into one of your Kingdoms Campaigns, and going to Options, then at the right corner you can see what version you have.

-One of you is using 2.1

- One of you or both of you might be using Sub-Mods

-You may be on LAN Battles instead of ONLINE

If its not any of those i really don't know.

Yes, I'm sure of all of these ... That's why I'm really confused and I asked here ... Thank you anyway mate

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli10 View Post
    Do you have Gold Edition of M2TW?

People who own Gold Edition sadly cannot play Multiplayer for TATW.
    I got gold edition and I can play mp for both m2tw and tatw.

If this is through steam, it means you installed kingdoms before installing medieval 2. (even tho if you install kingdoms firstly, it auto installs medieval II but it doesn't save the CD key in the registry)
    To solve this problem you only have to re-verify your game's integrity. (steam -> right click game -> properties -> local files -> verify)

(if you have your tatw mod folder named to one of the kingdom's mods like crusades or americas, rename it back to tatw and rename the original file to the original title before verifying) Once verified you can rename your mod back to whatever it was before and hit the play button.

You renamed your tatw file into one of the kingdom's mods? (like americas / crusades/ teutonic) ? Make sure you both named it the same

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyPhoenix View Post
    You renamed your tatw file into one of the kingdom's mods? (like americas / crusades/ teutonic) ? Make sure you both named it the same
    Do you mean ... for custom multiplayer battle?

Default Re: Incompatible multiplayer

I seem to get incompatible multiplayer coming up for both and online games, everything is fully updated and the game works but me and a few friends can't seem to play online. Any input would be helpful. Thanks

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Incompatible multiplayer

This is for Steam version.
    You have to rename the same Kingdoms folder, for example americas. If you had problem with the launcher and did the fix for it, it will be incompatible for someone who didn't.

Default Local Hotseat

hey guys im trying to set up a local hosteat game with a couple of friends, but when the faction video is over the game crashes... what do i do?

I have version 3.1 of the game, and the baron samadi submod...

help?

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Local Hotseat

Quote Originally Posted by NADAVCHIK View Post
    hey guys im trying to set up a local hosteat game with a couple of friends, but when the faction video is over the game crashes... what do i do?

I have version 3.1 of the game, and the baron samadi submod...

help?
    You can't use Baron's Sub Mod for Hotseats. It wont work.

Default Auto Resolve in Hotseats

I've noticed that hotseats are mostly using auto-resolve these days, but that wasn't always so.

Why do you deem auto-resolve to be the best solution? Isn't the battle itself an important aspect of this game?

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Auto Resolve in Hotseats

Battles only work if the human could take control of both sides which they can not.
    If we do it your way the attacker would always win.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    Battles only work if the human could take control of both sides which they can not.
    If we do it your way the attacker would always win.
    Battles do not only work if both sides are controlled by a human, I don't know why you would claim that.
    The attacker would not always win, that would depend on the army size and how you maneouvre your armies.

Just curious why things changed so much because "my" way was the only way a year or 2 ago. The battle itself is a huge aspect of the game and by taking it away, you limit the gaming experience.
    Also, some factions seem stronger in auto-combat than others, Dwarves are very strong while gondor and Rohan are weak.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

As far as I know defenders can not be controlled by a player in a hotseat and will always be ai controlled which gives the attacker a massive advantage.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    As far as I know defenders can not be controlled by a player in a hotseat and will always be ai controlled which gives the attacker a massive advantage.

Yeah, that's right, but you will have to play smart to let you become the attacker, and if you face a huge army, you will still struggle to keep as many men as possible alive for the revenge that will surely come.

But yeah, I see the point of it, I was just curious why this suddenly changed as you lose a vital aspect of the game.

Beating any AI army is easy. I played as SE in a singleplayercampaign with 300 men and I was attacked by OOTMM and they had 1500 men. I lost 15 men. I played on H/VH It is too easy to abuse.

But in the other hotseats, you can play against the AI factions but then if you fight a human player you have to show pics to prove that you autoresolved it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    Beating any AI army is easy. I played as SE in a singleplayercampaign with 300 men and I was attacked by OOTMM and they had 1500 men. I lost 15 men. I played on H/VH It is too easy to abuse.

But in the other hotseats, you can play against the AI factions but then if you fight a human player you have to show pics to prove that you autoresolved it.

Well, 1500 goblins isn't exactly what I call a huge(or good) army. Fighting for example good Harad armies will kill off nice chunks of your army.

Anyways, I see the point, I just wanted to know what changed in here since when I played a few hotseats here a while ago.

The fact that only the attacker can play the battle is not an unfair advantage in any way because all players have that ability and you will have to be very careful. There are pros and cons to both ways, one con to the current method is that a big element of the game is gone.