Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LME3 Additional Units Thread

Icon2 LME3 Additional Units Thread

I have initiated this thread to post any wishes or recommendations for adding new custom land or naval units to LME3 that are not currently included in either LME3 and one of the unit submods.

The topics are:

• Revolutionary Campaign units
    • Early Napoleonic War units (1805-1811)
    • Late Napoleonic War units (1812-1815)
    • Later units (1816-1825) for the planned LME3.1 revised 1815 campaign (Greece and some other emergents playable)

If you have an idea or request for a specific unit then post in this thread with the following information:

1. Faction the unit belongs to/was employed by?
    2. In what region it originates from?
    3. Period in time the unit was employed as well as background information regarding the unit and any battle records (source reference required, www link etc.), that can be used as unit text.
    4. The unit's native name to appear in game
    5. A picture reference of the unit preferably showing both Officers, Musicians, NCO's and Privates.

/iutland

Default Re: LME3 Additional Units Thread

Hey,
    here is a saxony infantry regiment: its called Infanterie-Regiment "Kronprinz" (5.Königlich Sächsisches) Nr. 104

This regiment fought 1806/1807 in the battle of Auerstedt/Jena with prussia

1809 with france against austria in the battle of Wagram

1812/13 with france in russian campaign

and after battle of Leipzig against france

So it should be recruitable for Saxony and France and perhaps for Prussia and Austria if they have conquer Saxony

there is only one picture of the regiment on german wikipedia! i hope nevertheless its possible to create that regiment!

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20080721161240

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by Kunrt View Post
    Hey,
    here is a saxony infantry regiment: its called Infanterie-Regiment "Kronprinz" (5.Königlich Sächsisches) Nr. 104

This regiment fought 1806/1807 in the battle of Auerstedt/Jena with prussia

1809 with france against austria in the battle of Wagram

1812/13 with france in russian campaign

and after battle of Leipzig against france

So it should be recruitable for Saxony and France and perhaps for Prussia and Austria if they have conquer Saxony

there is only one picture of the regiment on german wikipedia! i hope nevertheless its possible to create that regiment!

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20080721161240
    There are actually plenty of pictures available of similar-styled regiments.
    http://www.napoleon-online.de/html/hess_sachsen.html

What you have to keep in mind, though, is that these units represent Saxon units before the 1810 military reforms. Thus, they should never be mixed with post 1810 line infantry.

How bout some love for the Confederation of the Rhine troops?

Westphalia:
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/milit...Sauerweid.html

Garde du Corps a pied would be great!

Wurttemberg:
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/milit...n/c_ebner.html

Bavaria:
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/milit...c_cantler.html

BTW great mod! Loving it so far!

Foederatus

Some new troops for Hesse:

I saw that the Großherzoglich Frankfurter Gernadiere are already ingame, but what about this awesome looking Jäger on ther right side?:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...l_II%2C_39.jpg

It looks like others have covered Napoleon's German Allies and Enemies. I put together a small page at http://inkleined.com/ntw/uniform_plates.php for Dutch-Belgian and Balkan troops and cavalry. (I addressed some of the Balkan troops with MAUM.)

EDIT: Updated the link to include some Prussian uniforms.
    Last edited by AClockworkOrange; April 28, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Thanks for all the feedback+Rep all!

The information will be used when adding additional units in planned LME 3.2.

The Saxon Maximilian Regiment is already included btw

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Excellent ideea about asking for community suggestions on new units.

I would have some suggestions for the late campaign (1816 - 1825) in the Balkan area which is usually an area always lacking. Depending on how you have your emergents planned in the Balkans I would suggest having a look at the National Revolutions mod. Sotericus has used historical information from military atlases to create the Wallachian and Moldavian units (or in your case for Romania should you not want to have the two historical emergents, even though Romania was united in 1853, while the two principalities existed as autonomous entities within the ottoman empire since the 16th century and had various levels of de facto independence from 1821).

While the professional armies of the principalities were not insituted until 1830 there are plenty of militia units to be created.

For example

Dorobanti de plasa

Slujitori

Im sure Sotericus would be more than happy to share his units so that you do not have to double up on any work. He also has worked on the Greek and Serbian units for the 1821 period.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Excellent ideea about asking for community suggestions on new units.

I would have some suggestions for the late campaign (1816 - 1825) in the Balkan area which is usually an area always lacking. Depending on how you have your emergents planned in the Balkans I would suggest having a look at the National Revolutions mod. Sotericus has used historical information from military atlases to create the Wallachian and Moldavian units (or in your case for Romania should you not want to have the two historical emergents, even though Romania was united in 1853, while the two principalities existed as autonomous entities within the ottoman empire since the 16th century and had various levels of de facto independence from 1821).

While the professional armies of the principalities were not insituted until 1830 there are plenty of militia units to be created.

For example

Dorobanti de plasa

Slujitori

Im sure Sotericus would be more than happy to share his units so that you do not have to double up on any work. He also has worked on the Greek and Serbian units for the 1821 period.
    Thanks for the hint+Rep I will contact Sotericus regarding the Serbian and Greek units. The campaign is already limited to the number of factions playable and Serbia is represented by Romania.

Cheers
    iutland

Ahh i see, a bit annoying about the slots but can't beat the hardcoded game mechanics. I would still suggest implementing the Wallachian/Moldavian units for Romania even though the faction is not playable. Just for accuracy sake when the player is versing the faction when it emerges.

About the Serbian units he is currently working on them. We've contacted the Serbian community on TWC for help so hopefully some progress is made soon. With the Greek ones he's definetly made several units but he is also using a modified version of the Greek mod made by HusserITW.

One Greek unit he definetly made are the Ieros Lochos (or Sacred Band)

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Thanks for the hint+Rep I will contact Sotericus regarding the Serbian and Greek units. The campaign is already limited to the number of factions playable and Serbia is represented by Romania.

Cheers
    iutland
    Drop me a line if you do need Napoleonic era Serbian uniforms as have found an excellent source - keep up your good work! +Rep
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

If by any chance those Serbian uniforms go beyond the Napoleonic wars, especially from 1821 onwards would you be kind enough to share that source?

Foederatus

I found some additional pictures from Hessen-Darmstadt:

They are from the Leibgarde Regiment, the Chevauxlegers, the Garde du Corps and the Artillerymen.

I have seen that most of the units have already been included, but the Garde du Corps is still missing. I would love to see them included, as they do look quite badass.

Quote Originally Posted by AgEnT_FuBaR View Post
    I found some additional pictures from Hessen-Darmstadt:

They are from the Leibgarde Regiment, the Chevauxlegers, the Garde du Corps and the Artillerymen.

I have seen that most of the units have already been included, but the Garde du Corps is still missing. I would love to see them included, as they do look quite badass.
    Good suggestion+Rep. Garde du Corps is a vanilla unit however this calls for a uniform rework

Thank u lutland for your amazing mod.Its the best single player mod what I found for NTW so far.
    My wish about additional units is very clear. I like to see more units for the german states/Rheinbund Staaten. For example the Nassau Units. You have already implemented the Nassau Grenadiers (plz change the X-Belt to yellow color, it wasnt black, thx.) and the voltigeurs. What iam realy missing are the Fusiliers. Other ones are the Orange-Nassau what are complete missing (they have complete different uniforms as the other nassauer units).

And i miss some other units from the german states like the "hessischen Jäger" (the oldest Hunter/Jäger military unit in germany!!)

I feel that some more historical units for the small states make them more fun to play against the big ones like france, austria, prussia etc....

´Just another idea is to implemtent some small units like Regiment Commander+some officers in one Command unit. And some small units like drummer/music band unit. There is acctualy a unit pack for music bands. Just change them to drummers cause the battalion/regiment uses drummers.
    I mod those units for myself and feel it is realy fun to play like a real army with just one general commander and per regiment a commander as well and per Regiment a regiment drummer unit
    Just an idea.

If u need uniform ideas (what i think not, cause u are so professional) i can gice u some links like this:
    http://centjours.mont-saint-jean.com/unitesNA.php

http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/sturm/sturm228.html

Thank u very much lutland!!!

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    If by any chance those Serbian uniforms go beyond the Napoleonic wars, especially from 1821 onwards would you be kind enough to share that source?
    Drop me a PM with years of interest plus an e-mail address to which I can send attachments as info covers 1808-1918. however text is in cyrillic.
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Excellent, thanks a lot. PM sent and here's some rep too.

Some suggestions for the army of the kingdom of Italy

Carabiniere
    Similar issue to french carabiniers: tow low recruitment limit. As in the french army, upon which the italian military was patterned (give or take a few cosmetic differences), they were the grenadiers of the light units. To give an idea of the proportions seven line and 3-4 (depending on the source/timeframe) light infantry regiments were raised. Also the existing carabiniere unit is from a specific regiment, the 2nd, it could be changed to a generic unit instead.

A couple of "nice to have" but not essential

Regimental artillery.
    A number of regimental pieces were issued, typically 3 pdrs. Here is an uniform plate for the regimental artillery.

Italian generals
    If there is both the interest and the technical possibility it could be nice to replace the currently recruitable generals in the campaign with the historical names. I could write down the list.

Here are some more

Naples:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/11133...01065933452305

Shows Murat's army in 1815

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast