Thread: Rename units

Default Rename units

Hello, my question is simple. How can i rename units? I have seen in other topic that i must change data/text/export_units .Everytime i try there is no results and then i check export_units it is back to normal and my corrections are gone. I also try to change data/export_descr_units and nothing happened. I want to change the names of some bulgarian units.

Default Re: Rename units

Quote Originally Posted by nicolapv View Post
    Hello, my question is simple. How can i rename units? I have seen in other topic that i must change data/text/export_units .Everytime i try there is no results and then i check export_units it is back to normal and my corrections are gone. I also try to change data/export_descr_units and nothing happened. I want to change the names of some bulgarian units.
    Did you save the file after made the changes?

And this thread and question doesnt belong here. it belongs in this forum link below.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=276

And welcome too the forums mate.

Yes i save it and that is the strange part. After i edit the file i save, then open it and changes are there. Then i start the mod -there is no change in the units names. Then i go to the file open it and it is without my changes. I assumed that this thread do not belong here but maybe is something connected to the mod that's why i posted it here .

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

after you change and save export_units.txt you need to delete the file export_units.bin in the same folder for the change to take effect.

This is true for all the files in the Text folder.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    after you change and save export_units.txt you need to delete the file export_units.bin in the same folder for the change to take effect.

This is true for all the files in the Text folder.
    There is no such file export_units.bin. Do you mean export_units.txt.strings? I used the search and it don't find export_units.bin .

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by nicolapv View Post
    There is no such file export_units.bin. Do you mean export_units.txt.strings? I used the search and it don't find export_units.bin .
    yeah that file, the non-text files in that folder, just delete them all.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Yes it work thanks