Thread: 0 turn recruitment

Default 0 turn recruitment

i remember playing darthmod but with some changes wich allowed me to recruit units at 0 turns time, do anyone know where i can get this mod or how to fix this manually?

thanks in advance, peace

Default Re: 0 turn recruitment

go to ur Data\export_descr_unit.txt folder
    then at the top of the file it show directions on wat part is wat
    just dont change something like making a unit to powerful
    cause it will come up as an error
    before the game can launch
    and it would take the word strategy out of the game

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I'm not in favour of experienced troops being given 0 turn recruitment, apart from probably town guard. I have implemented this into my DarthMod 7.5 as a test to see how it affects AI recruiting.

But perhaps someone can explain how zero time recruitment actually works, because I don't see any realtime difference between 0 and 1 turn recruitment? Both take one turn to build don't they? Have I done something wrong?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver
    I'm not in favour of experienced troops being given 0 turn recruitment, apart from probably town guard. I have implemented this into my DarthMod 7.5 as a test to see how it affects AI recruiting.

But perhaps someone can explain how zero time recruitment actually works, because I don't see any realtime difference between 0 and 1 turn recruitment? Both take one turn to build don't they? Have I done something wrong?

cheers
    The difference is that with 0 turn recruitment, you can build up to 10 units (assuming they all have this) a turn. A unit with one turn recruitment could only produce on of these units per turn. I like this option for low quality troops as it allows you to in effect "levy" troops in an emergency

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Ah that's why people get so excited by it, i as you do prefer only lower level troops....if any as a sort of last stand conscription effect!

cheers Publius

How about creating recruitment zones, one for each faction which represents their homelands. In their homelands they can have 0 turn recruitment. Outside thier homelands in newly conquerer territories they have usual turn recruitment. Its so simple its brilliant

This way it slows down both AI and player expansion. Means the AI cant defend newly conquered territory as easily, but when the player reaches their homeland they get hammered. Would require careful balancing of pop growth though otherwise strange things might happen, but I think I will certainly try this out as a possibility.

As there are 500 unit slots and the thing that limits unit rosters the most is the model limit, it may be doable. Maybe Darth has a note of how many unit slots of the 500 are used?

You could even have a slight difference in quality of the troops, better morale of homeland troops for example.

Narakir's Avatar Decanus

As there are 500 unit slots and the thing that limits unit rosters the most is the model limit, it may be doable. Maybe Darth has a note of how many unit slots of the 500 are used?
    Duno about the unit limit but for the models there's exactly 3 spaces free .

For 0 turn recruitement the AI recruit a lot of crapy low morale units and waste it's population quite fast, and I don't like to fight 4 battles for a city against levies, I prefer descisive battles (just try Torgil's map and you'll see what I mean :original: ) I would like to see the 0 turn as optional.
    Last edited by Narakir; June 20, 2006 at 07:58 AM.

0 turn doesnt mean low quality armies! That can be balanced easily. And number of armies can be controlled by money. It does waste its population fast though, thats the problem. You either have a crippled AI with no population, or every city turns into a metropolis in 20 years. Very hard to balance.