Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun v3.9-4.0 Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun v3.9+ Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    Its pretty random. Some come of age at 13, some 19. I dont think it needs to be changed.
    It is not a set age. I like it how it is.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus View Post
    Any thoughts on changing family members "Coming of Age" to kick in at an earlier age? I recall one of the Rome Mods had family members "Coming of Age" at 16 or 18 years. I'd like to get my family members from Shogun 2 in the field(in an Army) at at younger age, to get an earlier start on experience and ancillaries.
    They come of age between 14 and 22, 22 being the utter maximum and anyone at that age will automatically come of age.

And it's pretty random. Most will come of age between 17-19
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

Quote Originally Posted by Elitewolf View Post
    They come of age between 14 and 22, 22 being the utter maximum and anyone at that age will automatically come of age.

And it's pretty random. Most will come of age between 17-19
    Ok great. I'm only tinkering around with the tutorial campaign until I get all my mods and settings figured out. I was a bit worried when the first "Coming of Age" in the tutorial campaign was 24 years old.

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun v3.9-3.95 Feedback

I just experienced my first ever CTD with a Darthmod Modification.

I was using a fresh install of the 3.4 - 3.95 patch.

I was in a siege battle (me defending as the Nation of Chosa) at Chosa's home city. It was about turn 10 (Obviously fresh compaign as well).

Battle running perfectly smooth everything going great enjoying the awesome new projectile balance and nearing the end of the battle , game simply freezes.

I have never had a CTD with one of Darth's mods before , this is my first one.

---

GTX 590 (most recent drivers)
    Windows 7 Home 64 Bit (Recent Updates)

No other Modification conflicts because i have never installed another Modfication for Shogun.

---

I was really enjoying the new AI improvements and Projectile improvements too.

Hi Darth will test 3.95 tonight

When are we going to get back the extended range for all ships in the FOTS.

In FOTS the parrot guns have the bow sound 3.9 hot fix. have yet to test the armstrong guns.

Do you have a ETA on reintroducing of your very awesome unit tables ie...unit costs etc..etc..

I love your smoke effects they are "DARTHFABULIS"

Another Qs What does effect the empty threats or cause them that decreases my dyiamos hounor
    The best form of defence.....................is ATTACK

I've just tried the new subtle projectile tracers option. It worked really well ,a good compromise between No tracers and Vanilla tracers.
    I would recommend others to use it as well.

Encountered a strange thing in my first battle in FOTS with latest Darthmod update. Two general bodyguards which I ordered behind advancing spear units suddenly engaged enemy units and before the end of the battle it happened again that a general bodyguard unit attacked a spear unit without my knowing, believe me, I would never send my general into spear units, frontal. I'm sure they were not being charged themselves, since they (the two units) were fighting in front of the two spear units I ordered them to stay behind of.

AI did some amazing things in my last land battle on 3.95. Basically it mirrored my formation as I setup. The map had a river running through it, and we were on the same side. Other side of river has hills & mountains. I was rocking the AI on our side, using hidden yugekati to just blast them away at long range. AI suddenly took ALL of its units across the river to the hills. It setup melee just behind the crest and as I moved across the river to approach it bum charged me before I could get all units across. What followed was an intense close range battle with my back up against the river and both the AI and myself trying to flank each other numerous times. I am impressed with how the AI responds to flanking - it doesn't like it and will counter you. This surprised me. I really enjoyed the hell outta this battle. Meant to save a replay but of course the "Ding, battle over" sound makes me just flinch click end battle. I will say I won, but it was a damn close one, and ended up being a Pyrrhic victory!

Can Confirm with the new DMS 3.95 FOTS
    Uninstalled DMS 3.4 after playing a long game had previosley patched it from 3.9 up to todays patch. And as Darth has mentioned you could keep playing currat game.

Have applied only 2 other mods
    1.General mod 1.1
    2.Mod-extended-campaigns by spartan. for FOTS

Every thing else is DMS defualt except...
    remove horo
    remove flags on back of men
    remove JFC unit cards.

every thing plays fine except i get arrow sounds with Parrot and Armstrong cannon since 3.9.......

Soooooooooooo unistalled every thing reistalled 3.4 with the new 3.95. with Mod extended campaigns and Mod generals.

Rebooted PC defualt DMS Except
    remove hore
    remove flags on mens back
    projectile effects on
    remove JFC cards

Continued to play my FOTS campaign still arrow sounds for all my cannon.
    Rifle and gattling gun awesome
    melee better and ner perfect
    cannon accuracey very good IMHO
    Rifle infantry Dame good now
    Cav still a little over powered but hay i love em.
    Ships very good but plese increase there range as in travel
    CAI and BAI getting better. Please tone down RD comes way to early.
    Its beconing at time almost to hard no matter how many battles my dayaimo wins to regian lost hounor due to this thing called empty threats i have lost 2 piont to this what is it?.

Beside all that well done Darth but can others confirm what am i doing wrong to not get the cannon sounds.... is the mods i have listed a propblem... or do i have to start a new game.

continued
    The best form of defence.....................is ATTACK

No one else having rogue generals? Hm.

Please have mercy and be sure that if you hear Cannon/rifle/bow sounds where you should not, it is NOT DarthMod's fault.
    It is either a submod you use or you have not installed correctly.
    I have removed the file that was responsible for that (this that CA patch made it "weird") so DarthMod has nothing to do with the sound issues.
    PLEASE INSTALL the mod CORRECTLY.

I am eager to know about everything else you already start to report, BAI, CAI, the general gameplay.
    Thank you.

I didnt have rogue generals,and the bai is very good,had some epic battles.

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I found a bug related with generals of sengoku jidai. When your generals of sengoku jidai rank up, their stats seems ok, but in battle if you see their stats, they have more reload rate and accuracy. And they are a melee unit. Two screenshots for explain this:
    - Before the battle the stats of Date Masamune have 0 points in reload rate and accuracy (lines 7 and 8 of the stats):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- In the battle, Date Masamune have 18 points of reload rate and accuracy (lines 7 and 8 of the stats):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This happends with generals in Sengoku Jidai (Tested with Oda's generals and Date's generals).

And one thing: Is normal that the close formation of No-dachi samurai is too open? (for example see the second screenshot)

Civis

Not sure iff its a bug or not but I cant make naginata monks as usuegi at the start of the campaign.also cavalry is still a bit overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTambo View Post
    Not sure iff its a bug or not but I cant make naginata monks as usuegi at the start of the campaign.also cavalry is still a bit overpowered.
    The unit_tables were removed because of the gun-sounds on bows. One of the effects is that the DM changes to clan unit recruitment (such as earlier and faster monk recruitment for uesugi) has been removed

Civis

Thanks elitewolf.The cavalry defo needs to be weakened a bit.I just had about 5 platoons of yari ashigaru go up against 1 light cavalry and 1 yari sam no generals nearby.In past versions the light cav would be annilated and be on the run quite quickly with only the yari sam to put up a long fight as expected but The light cav took out tones of troops and it took ages before they routed and even then they didnt have that many losses.It does sometimes ruin the game a bit when you cannot counter a cavalry heavy army with anti cavalry troops.

Appart from that The BAI has improved with matching formations and countering flank attacks.Though they still on defence do the thing where the backlines will not attack when you attack the frontlines of a army but you could put this down to the general trying to tire your guys out.

The CAI was great this time around and I saw 1 or 2 things such as a clan converting back to bhuddism.Ive had shogun 2 since release and have never seen that before.Also the ikko ikki seemed alot more friendly and actually survived longer than usual.Usually in my games they get wiped out pretty quick.Clans were not as quick to backstab and wage war also.

Only thing I think needs changed is the cavalry as they are far too powerful now.They seem to be riding mystical all powerfull pokemon mega horses at the mo. everything else is perfect I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mossman View Post
    Playing FOTS with DMS 3.9+, I've noticed that artillery (Specifically Parrott rifles) are very inaccurate, with a radius of something like 30-40 meters at only about 600m range. Realistically, even a 10 pounder parrott gun had an effective range of over 1,500 meters, and therefore it's seems pretty bad to have them only hit a close ranked group of 300 some infantry 10% of the time at those ranges.
    Artillery of the time period was quite accurate, much more so then the current implementation the mod has it in FOTS. It seems less accurate at longer ranges then vanilla empire artillery.

Currently, if I can't find a way to independently tweak this feature I'm probably going to go back to vanilla; I do love many of the modifications (Extended rifle ranges/fire by rank especially, not to leave out the lovely AI improvements) but this simply won't work. Modern artillery should play a dominant role on the battlefield, but now it seems very underpowered with the major accuracy nerf.
    just a thought on unit quality, accuracy and reloading skill.

the equipment might be state of the art, but the people using them are brand new to using the equipment. with a turn taking 2 weeks, your standard regiment are peasants who were still planting rice 3 weeks ago. until those regiments have been operational for months (and gained a decent amount of xp) they are crap and that shouldn't come as a surprise. as far as i can tell, working as intended.

"it takes 3 years to build a ship and 300 years to build a tradition" Admiral of the Fleet Viscount Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus View Post
    Ok great. I'm only tinkering around with the tutorial campaign until I get all my mods and settings figured out. I was a bit worried when the first "Coming of Age" in the tutorial campaign was 24 years old.
    to change the coming of age you need to change 2 values in the "campaign_variables - version 0" with the PFM tool.

"family_age_of_adulthood" = 14 ;(earliest possible age)
    "family_age_of_guaranteed_adulthood" = 22 ;(latest age)

lowering the two values should do exactly what you want.

where is the time that all this could be done on notepad ???

Lito's Avatar Civis

Could have sworn I saw I guy on 13 come at age once. Hmmm.

Oh maybe I looked at him at 13 and next turn he came at age and was 14, that might be it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyivan View Post
    Its beconing at time almost to hard no matter how many battles my dayaimo wins to regian lost hounor due to this thing called empty threats i have lost 2 piont to this what is it?.
    When you perform diplomacy there are three options when your proposal is ready: You can cancel it, thereby not proposing it. You can send it, and let the AI choose wether or not to accept it. Finally, you can threaten the other clan. This gives you a rather large relationship penalty but it has its uses. When you want to march an army through their lands for example but they won't give you military access and you can't afford it with your limited funds.

Be warned though, there are several drawbacks: First of all, your army needs to be a lot bigger to succeed. Second, there's the aforementioned relationship penalty, so don't do it with allies and be prepared for a declaration of war.

Thirdly, and most relevant to you right now: If you threaten a clan and they refuse, you get a limited amount of turns to show you meant those threats and declare war. Don't know the exact turn limit, but I guess either immediately or 5. If you don't declare war you lose honor due to your empty threats.

tl;dr: Take a good look at the button you press when performing diplomacy. The one on the far left is actually the threaten button.