Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun v3.9-4.0 Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun v3.9-4.0 Feedback

UhMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM P 93 i realy think you need to lay off sniffing the Cat and get back into the right forum
    The best form of defence.....................is ATTACK

Hey Crazyivan,
    There should be no sound bug. Check your installation if another mod is enabled that produces it.

Would like to hear a lot more about this version 4 from all of you.
    Sorry I do not reply to all. Cannot do but I read you all.

About movement points not increased.... the values are there. For Naval units they should be doubled comparing to vanilla. Can someone check vanilla to compare please?
    I have to play more. I think it is awesome. It really is with the bayonets. Thank god that these two modders found the way (IGdood & kungfuserge).

Civis

Really enjoying 4.0 the CAI seems more agressive.Had the amako attack me (Mori)constantly but I did encounter something weird in a battle....As the mori was fighting a Amako force and they were attacking in a open field map...Most of there force just did a big anvil smash into my lines(which is fine)but 3 groups of their yari ashigaru lined up diagonally behind the fighting where all the bow units usually stand which was really weird cause they didnt join the battle for quite some time. It reminded me of what the a.i would do for defence in previous versions(some units not attacking until contact etc)

To explain it better.Their whole force charged at me and as soon as the first enemy units hit my lines 3 of the units at the tail end of the charge(yari ash)Just stopped and lined up.They then didnt join battle until my units made contact.In most of my battles usually every single melee unit will attack at once appart from the general ofcourse who will hang out behind the archers unless there are multiple generals.

cheers

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by BigTambo View Post
    Really enjoying 4.0 the CAI seems more agressive.Had the amako attack me (Mori)constantly but I did encounter something weird in a battle....As the mori was fighting a Amako force and they were attacking in a open field map...Most of there force just did a big anvil smash into my lines(which is fine)but 3 groups of their yari ashigaru lined up diagonally behind the fighting where all the bow units usually stand which was really weird cause they didnt join the battle for quite some time. It reminded me of what the a.i would do for defence in previous versions(some units not attacking until contact etc)

To explain it better.Their whole force charged at me and as soon as the first enemy units hit my lines 3 of the units at the tail end of the charge(yari ash)Just stopped and lined up.They then didnt join battle until my units made contact.In most of my battles usually every single melee unit will attack at once appart from the general ofcourse who will hang out behind the archers unless there are multiple generals.

cheers

Sometimes, I keep some units in defense too...

But I've seen a real problem in a battle, a defensive army on a hill, who....charges me at the last moment, I won then. Without this charge, I think that I should not be victorious. Sometimes BIA makes stupid stuffs, just like human player mwaha ahah...ah.......ah That's it, hazard.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post

But I've seen a real problem in a battle, a defensive army on a hill, who....charges me at the last moment, I won then. Without this charge, I think that I should not be victorious. Sometimes BIA makes stupid stuffs, just like human player mwaha ahah...ah.......ah That's it, hazard.
    Lets just say the commander of the enemy army was keeping some reserves then Yeah ive noticed it alot in enemy on defence battles what you said but ive never had any problems with attacking enemies.Anybody else having weird enemy on attack glitches like this?

88HaZZarD88's Avatar Tiro

omg , is this the fots i bought ? with darthmod improvements looks another game , compliments !

however partecipate to ''rof of modern weapons ?'' discussion if you want to say something about rifles rof and accuracy
    Last edited by 88HaZZarD88; May 04, 2012 at 01:11 PM.

I noticed that the AI strategy in naval battles seems a bit "off". I played a few larger battles recently where, after a short engagement, the AI just scatters his ships and sends them to different edges of the map (this happens for ships that still have good morale). The ships just stay stuck there and don't move at all. When AI reinforcements arrive, they behave normally though... When I had the max battle time set to 20min, I would often lose the battles as I could not find all of the AI ships and get to them in time (I'm playing on the hardest difficulty - without the minimap). When I set the max time higher, I just go around the map and pick off his ships one by one...

This is in v3.95.

Otherwise, land battle AI seems fine and I'm quite happy with the mod in general. Keep up the good work!!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post

Yeah, i would chock this up to holding units in reserve. In fact i think one of the improvements darth mentioned in the bai is consciously holding units in reserve to exploit a breech or hold a line in case of breakthrough.

Lito's Avatar Civis

4.0 has some weird bug. Sengoku campaign, I can trade with anyone I want, but not my allies, both land access and sea are available, but they dont want it..

EDIT: Scratch that, I guess one of them was just mad at me for something...
    Last edited by Lito; May 04, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    4.0 has some weird bug. Sengoku campaign, I can trade with anyone I want, but not my allies, both land access and sea are available, but they dont want it..

Had to laugh ^^ They are SO sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmnn View Post
    I noticed that the AI strategy in naval battles seems a bit "off". I played a few larger battles recently where, after a short engagement, the AI just scatters his ships and sends them to different edges of the map (this happens for ships that still have good morale). The ships just stay stuck there and don't move at all. When AI reinforcements arrive, they behave normally though... When I had the max battle time set to 20min, I would often lose the battles as I could not find all of the AI ships and get to them in time (I'm playing on the hardest difficulty - without the minimap). When I set the max time higher, I just go around the map and pick off his ships one by one...

This is in v3.95.

Otherwise, land battle AI seems fine and I'm quite happy with the mod in general. Keep up the good work!!
    This happened to me a lot in 3.95, interestingly it is not happening in 4.0 so far.

I really, really like this version. The bayonets, melee, morale and cavalry strength, everything is perfect. The only two gripes I had were the gun spread, which was slightly too high for me (decreased it all by 2 points) and yari kachi anti cav bonus (which I increased by 5 to 15)

Aside from that it is awesome as ever!
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

{4.0 FotS}

As Tosa I seem to have a lot of clans on the opposite side of the fence declare war on me to their disadvantage. Like, just randomly declaring war without having an invasion force in play or even defending their nearest provinces. Just declare war and die..

Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post

i had this happen as hojo. iwagama didnt wanna trade but we were allied. in general its much less of a pain to get trade agreements running though, and that one worked itself out after like 5-10 turns. no clue what the issue was.

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

-Loyalty gain for generals => too easy, never had a problem with that, not realistic for the period may be.
    -With mangonel I saw an entire archers unit (80%) died in one shot on the protection wall of castle... And the winner is me
    Last edited by Brips; May 04, 2012 at 09:16 PM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Hi Darth

FOTS into turn 83 playing Aizu.
    First i had the most bazaar bug, forgive my spelling et c but will try and explain it...

I had a very awesome siege battle against satsume they fought me off i managed to live another day with about 9 units, 4 depleted spear units and 5 depleted rifle units all about 2-3 chevrons each worth of Esperance. No general commanding just troops.

Next turn i choose to combine my units as i had no general to heal them so as i was selecting the units to mix together all was well i nearly had a full unit of 2 infantry and 3 Spear. when i was almost done everything went crazy,
    My army of 5 units turned into a portrait of a ship captain with 2 stars and the shurkin symbol under him.
    No more units just a agent ui with 2 stars...........

i then attacked a castle and the game CTD...
    i then selected the army or now the agent and disbanded it, hay presto my army with the 5 units was back

Now back to the game
    1.infantry are awesome bayonets OMG, rifle fire is getting there as in hits to target(would still like a slightly faster fire rate the more the infantry level up)
    2.Melee is great now flanking is working better you have to really be on the ball now with regards to the AI.
    3.Ship movement i am sure is still vanilla
    4.Cannon are great the balance between exp and green shows up well.
    5.AI clans seam to be having a slight favour to Cav units this is fine until you face about 8 units in a full stack they just tear me a new one no matter what my units mix is made up of....could be s AI spam thing.
    6.Love the battle effects as in smoke etc....
    7.Sounds are back for my archers my bad i had mod that must have conflicted with it as you my wise Lord had suggested.

All in All 4.0 i would have to say is your finest work for S2/FOTS
    Last edited by crazyivan; May 04, 2012 at 11:04 PM.

Loving it like crazy Darth, now I'm happy I bought Fall of the Samurai again. Sharpshooters finally seem a worthy investment. I notice, though, that my sharpshooters consistently get higher kills than my Tosa Riflemen, though I use them about equally; the Riflemen seem to make far less kills at range than the Sharpshooters. Are they supposed to be a more close-in rapid-fire unit? Regardless, now both are always in my armies!

The one bug I've noticed is my Armstrongs still lack close-in explosion noises. There's a far-off rumble if the camera's far from the blasts, but close in (like in first-person control mode), the cannonballs impact and explode soundlessly. And whenever they hit a castle wall there's a quick sound of troops being wounded, even if the wall is deserted. Could this be related to the infamous archer sound bug?

Thanks so much for your effort Darth, I can't play FoTS without this mod!

I am pretty sure Seran you are using another Mod.....Why because Darth himself will confess to telling me this same issue and every time I have deleted the Mod my sounds are back . That is the mods of others it seams anything to do with Starpos thing or unit changes effects this...the only mod i have tried with out the sound mess up is extended years for FOTS and ROTS it works and i have had no bad issues.
    Last edited by crazyivan; May 04, 2012 at 11:10 PM.

I thought so too, but this is a totally fresh install (deleted local cache and files, redownloaded, verified integrity, all that good stuff), 3.4-->4.0, fresh campaign... I haven't added anything extra. I thought the Atmospheric Sounds add-on was causing it but I've disabled it for no change. Is there anything else I could try fiddling with? If nobody else has this problem now, somewhere somehow I screwed up, haha.

Also I've kept an eye on Sharpshooters, and they're definitely killing about twice as many men as Tosa Riflemen manage, with much better accuracy at max range. Maybe it's just because the sharpshooters are a larger unit? I'm not complaining, I love sniping pesky wall defenders

It happened to me once...I deleted everything as you have done. But a mod I had installed stayed in the Data folder and when I removed it everything worked.
    I have found when you remove DMS it will still leave any other mods not DMS related in the Data folder, you have to go in and remove them.