Thread: Discussion about electing CoP members

Default Discussion about electing CoP members

Some people are running for both this and Quaestor. That isn't allowed people...

Voted.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Default Re: Elections to the Council of Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Mudd
    Some people are running for both this and Quaestor. That isn't allowed people...
    Yes it is, its just that if they win Quaestor they have to resign this or Quaestor. Well not have to but should do.

tBP, I do, which is why I didn't. Say voted that is, not exercise my constitutional responsibility in law and my responsibility to my rank. Which I did do. Bah. Yes, I voted.

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

Theres no provision which states members of these councils must not be staff as far as i know, though as TBN has said i believe, it would be against the spirit of the Act to be Staff and a Councillor at the same time
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

How many nominations did we need to be included in this poll? In the other thread I recieved two, so I was just wondering (even though i'd lose anyways )

Quote Originally Posted by Antoninus Pious
    How many nominations did we need to be included in this poll? In the other thread I recieved two, so I was just wondering (even though i'd lose anyways )
    You just missed out, the threshold was 3.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff
    Theres no provision which states members of these councils must not be staff as far as i know, though as TBN has said i believe, it would be against the spirit of the Act to be Staff and a Councillor at the same time
    True, so in essence it would not be allowed by staff for that to happen.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

Default Re: Random discussion about electing CoP members

Its not so much it wouldnt be allowed.. for fairness a member of staff may be asked to resign from one of the councils if elected but i cant imagine him being forcefuly removed when it was perfectly legal
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff
    Its not so much it wouldnt be allowed.. for fairness a member of staff may be asked to resign from one of the councils if elected but i cant imagine him being forcefuly removed when it was perfectly legal
    If I get elected to the CoP and then as a Q, I would resign CoP, as it is obviously against the principals of the Council.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

This will be sorted. The choice has to be made by all atm... only Senior Staff have involvment with the Curia, other staff are involved as civies.

If some of you wanted we could make a clause making staff eligible for service on the councils.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

It would be better the other way around. The point of the Councils was to get more Civitates involved in the running of the site so having staff on those councils is pointless. They can make suggestions in the staff forums anyways.