Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: UKIP over take LibDems in the polls

Default Re: UKIP over take LibDems in the polls

It's pretty hypocritical to bash the Sun and their readers when you've devoted an entire thread to celebrating the result of their YouGov poll. Isn't the Sun a pretty UKIP sympathetic paper, too?

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Just not stupid enough to elect any UKIP MPs, fortunately?

Now who is the one accusing others of stupidity simply for their differing political beliefs to your own? This hypocracy is astounding

@Tuckshop Twit - It was very refreshing seeing Nigel Farage on Question Time tonight though, such publicity gained him a lot of applause for his rational policies. I found myself agreeing with everything he said, because he is the only one to speak the truth.
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

You are the one accusing stupidity in people for their political beliefs. I just made fun out of you for doing it.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You are the one accusing stupidity in people for their political beliefs. I just made fun out of you for doing it.

...and then you went and stated it too. Very hypocritical...
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Stated what?

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

I am personally a centrist, but I suppose anyone to the left of UKIP is a 'left winger'.

Now, I'm off to hug an immigrant and hand out leaflets about the ghastliness of global warming while I drink my morning coffee with a copy of the Guardian.
    Last edited by Father Jack; April 27, 2012 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allectus View Post
    I am personally a centrist, but I suppose anyone to the left of UKIP is a 'left winger'.

Now, I'm off to hug an immigrant and hand out leaflets about the ghastliness of global warming while I drink my morning coffee with a copy of the Guardian.
    I actually didnt see your post, and you couldnt hug a immigrant since almost everyone who thinks open door immigration is good has never seen one as they live in nice big houses far away from places like East London or Bradford, in other words they dont have a clue and need to join everyone else in the real world.
    All you have to do is to decide what to do with the time given to you.

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

You are utterly correct. The only UKIP MP in history was a defector that was ejected by his constituents in the General Election following his defection - by the Conservative candidate.

All UKIP Lords are defectors. They cannot be democratically ousted.

And the UKIP presence in local Government is utterly negligible.

Really is funny how some people in this thread genuinely believe they could win the next election.

In reality the UK was eager to join the EU almost from the beginning. It was delayed by European leaders, most notably de Gaulle. So yeah, continental politicians are to blame here.
    Not strictly true really. We wanted a free market organisation and the EU is a derivative of what we settled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Allectus View Post

No champagne with that Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by jamson View Post
    I actually didnt see your post, and you couldnt hug a immigrant since almost everyone who thinks open door immigration is good has never seen one as they live in nice big houses far away from places like East London or Bradford, in other words they dont have a clue and need to join everyone else in the real world.
    I don't think anybody in this thread approves of "open door immigration", and personally I'm from the Thames Estuary and I work in Hackney, so... any more worthless generalisations? Weren't you meant to be sourcing some claim you made?

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    Not strictly true really. We wanted a free market organisation and the EU is a derivative of what we settled for.
    Well, you could argue that happened as a consequence of the UK's delayed entry.

I don't think anyone here has suggested Open-Door immigration as a good thing. Might I advise you let go of the strawman you are clutching in your mind and try to actually engage with other debaters, rather than the imaginary Guardian columnist in your head.
    Last edited by Rolling Thunder; April 27, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
    How about we define the rights that allow a government to say that isn't within my freedom.

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

No champagne with that Guardian
    Only an organic artisan croissant.

On a more serious note, I do not support open immigration. No body does. However in regards to EU immigration I am not particularly concerned, I like the idea of being able to easily move to another EU country. Just look at France and Spain, there are a hell of a lot of Brits who have benefited from this policy and have moved to those countries. It has become the Costa del Melton Keynes in areas.
    Last edited by Father Jack; April 27, 2012 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tuck Shop Twit♔ View Post
    The General Public are stupid, absolutely dim and half-witted. I would not be astonished if the majority of the working classes rely on 'The Sun' to dictate who they shall vote for them, before they skip to page three or whatever the deuce it is. In order for U.K.I.P. to have a good chance of winning the next general election, which if I may be so pessimistic is unlikely for them, the party needs to win over the breakfast scoffers who read the Daily Mail, the traditional working-class conservatives who believe Churchill to be the greatest Englishman who ever lived, and the Upper-Middle Classes. My Mother, for example, a dedicated Tory, is extremely unlikely to cast her vote for U.K.I.P. even though she probably agrees with all of their policies. The fact that U.K.I.P. lacks media attention is also a negative factor for the Party.

UKIP have recently launched their Local Election Manifesto.

http://www.ukip.org/media/pdf/UKIPlo...ifesto2012.pdf

if they relied on the Sun they would be voting UKIP in huge numbers.

I am in favour of it, all the immigrants I have encountered, work damn hard and party harder, great people.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by justicar5 View Post
    I am in favour of it, all the immigrants I have encountered, work damn hard and party harder, great people.
    I've met on polish woman, and her son was was as proudly Scots as it is possible to be, even was in favour of the Queen If I recall right, I have no objection either, but I think admittance should be based on character, not just skill, the Australians and Canadians seem to do it far better than we do in that respect.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Redcoat View Post
    @Tuckshop Twit - It was very refreshing seeing Nigel Farage on Question Time tonight though, such publicity gained him a lot of applause for his rational policies. I found myself agreeing with everything he said, because he is the only one to speak the truth.
    Unfortunately, I did not get round to watching Question Time I will have to attempt to use that confounded B.B.C.'s iplayer what-sits. Yes, Nigel Farage is rather a good orator. I particularly like the way he famously pounded that obscure Belgian fool, Van Rompuy is it? Nigel was quite right to claim that no one had ever heard of Rompuy, I certainly had not until the waffle-eating oaf was appointed. Anyway, for an Old Alleynian, Nigel is rather a good egg.

What about the ones that you have not have the grace of meeting? The ones who come to this country to profit from our country's over-generous and naive benefit system, the ones who traffic drugs, the ones who bring their degenerative ilk with them, the ones who commit crimes of theft in order to build their palaces in Romania?
    Last edited by ♖The Balkan Sobranie♖; April 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
    Et in Arcadia ego.

"If only it could be like this always, always alone, always summer, the fruit always ripe, and Aloysius always in a good temper."

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tuck Shop Twit♔ View Post

What about the ones that you have not have the grace of meeting? The ones who come to this country to profit from our country's over-generous and naive benefit system, the ones who traffic drugs, the ones who bring their degenerative ilk with them, the ones who commit crimes of theft in order to build their palaces in Romania?
    You can't claim benefits unless you are a} An EU citizen in which case we bill the government of your home nation, (well it's more complicated than that some can some can't, it gets complicated) or b) have worked for at least a year and thus are entitled to the same benefits as anyone else with a job and the right to work. Oh and for criminals we do fine producing our own unfortunately.
    Last edited by justicar5; April 27, 2012 at 01:10 PM.

You can't claim benefits unless you are a} An EU citizen in which case we bill the government of your home nation, or b) have worked for at least a year. Oh and for criminals we do fine producing our own unfortunately
    That is nonsense. An EU immigrant can claim social housing within a fortnight of arriving in here after they have received their National Insurance number.
    Et in Arcadia ego.

"If only it could be like this always, always alone, always summer, the fruit always ripe, and Aloysius always in a good temper."

Well, you could argue that happened as a consequence of the UK's delayed entry.
    You could benefit from free market agreements with the EU without joining the organization at the political level.

Quote Originally Posted by Principe Alessandro View Post
    You could benefit from free market agreements with the EU without joining the organization at the political level.
    We're talking about historical events, not theory.

Im not aiming my statement at anyone here.
    All you have to do is to decide what to do with the time given to you.