Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: UKIP over take LibDems in the polls

Default Re: UKIP over take LibDems in the polls

Seven councillors is an appalling performance. We talk about percentage increases, but UKIP are coming from such a tiny support base to begin with it doesn't really mean anything. And you have to laugh at people voting UKIP in the locals. What does it mean? No Belgians allowed in Watford?

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This just goes to show how little you know of UKIP apart from your biased judgements....."no Belgians allowed in Watford"????? I support UKIP because I hate the EU, not because I dislike Europeans. UKIP is about regaining Britain's sovereignty from Europe and regaining our culture that once made this nation a friendly place to live in, and is NOT about hating Europeans, some of whom in fact dislike the EU as much as any UKIP supporter does. What is it you find so distasteful in UKIP's policies, yet support the public schoolboy croneyism party known as the Conservatives? Please, enlighten me....
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

It was a joke, man.

But you sort of prove my point. If UKIP is about "regaining Britain's sovereignty in Europe" then why are they even bothering to contest local council seats? They'll have absolutely zero power to influence things from that position regarding the EU.

Because they also have reasonable policies from their local candidates? Local council elections are more about individuals in any case, with them just having a coincidental affiliation to a party.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Seeing as similar issues are being discussed in the two threads, I think it would be best to take any discussion of election results, particularly the Lib Dems' collapse, as this was what this thread was started for, to the following thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=538630.

Closed

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."