Thread: Barry's Bar

Default Re: Barry's Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    About the Partition..

Just wait till the Regent Hagen wanders off to Makedonia with Alexander's body.
    Iran and the Near East are about to be a .
    Depends on the loyalty of the satraps honestly. If we have a number of loyalists it should be able to be kept under control. Antipater did attempt to govern the entire empire and succeeded for a while. You just need some loyalty from people on the spot.
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

About the Partition..

Just wait till the Regent Hagen wanders off to Makedonia with Alexander's body.
    Iran and the Near East are about to be a -storm.
    *Sacrifices at the altar of Zeus wishing for such a in the east*
    Low speed, High Drag

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_General View Post
    *Sacrifices at the altar of Zeus wishing for such a in the east*
    Wouldn't affect you too much. Only the satrap of Macedonia proper and maybe Thrace or a satrap in Asia Minor might attempt to come and help crush the Greeks.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Mithradates will be more likely to be loyal to a regent (or king) who stays in Babylon as I just hinted; he wants to see the traditions and infrastructure of the Achaemenid dynasty mostly stay intact and convert over to the new state.

However he's fully aware that directly contradicts the traditional Hellenic disposition, though many characters are probably way more liberal than their historical counterparts

Mithradates will be more likely to be loyal to a regent (or king) who stays in Babylon as I just hinted; he wants to see the traditions and infrastructure of the Achaemenid dynasty mostly stay intact and convert over to the new state.

However he's fully aware that directly contradicts the traditional Hellenic disposition, though many characters are probably way more liberal than their historical counterparts
    Definitely far more liberal. At the actual partition the only non Macedonians even tolerated were Greeks such as Eumenes and Nearchus.

Well the Achaemenids obviously ruled from Persepolis in Persis. Any capitol outside of that is technically a change. Yet, Babylon was obviously the capitol of Alexander's Empire. Antipater and Polyperchon when made regents did their ruling from Macedonia with strong regents left in Asia. Didn't always work, but many older Macedonians simply want to go home.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Leonardo Da Vinci

Hannibal Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrhus the Molossian View Post
    Definitely far more liberal. At the actual partition the only non Macedonians even tolerated were Greeks such as Eumenes and Nearchus.

Well the Achaemenids obviously ruled from Persepolis in Persis. Any capitol outside of that is technically a change. Yet, Babylon was obviously the capitol of Alexander's Empire. Antipater and Polyperchon when made regents did their ruling from Macedonia with strong regents left in Asia. Didn't always work, but many older Macedonians simply want to go home.
    True, and even then, the greeks that served with the Macedonians were oftentimes from areas of the Hellenic world away from the great Poli (Polises?) and even then they were seen as second line troops. Like if I remember right Athens was pretty consistently anti-macedonian and Im sure the destruction of Thebes wasnt well received by its neighbors. Though had alexander lived another ten or twenty years such views might of been acceptable

If I knew you guys would of been so liberal and there was someone else to lead the greek revolt, I would of played an old salty dog traditionalist, hard line Macedonian. Like the kind of guy that would of claimed Roxanna's child was not suitable for the throne and that we need to rid ourselves of these effeminate Persians who are corroding our character and vigor, and immediately commence a program of ethinc cleansing and resettlement of Macedonians.

I also very strongly considered playing as a Macedonian and taking up the postion of the Attalids in western Asia minor as you have a good base of Hellenic recruitment as strategic options, as well as 3 secure flanks if you can build a fleet

Edit: @BF Im surprised how everyone is cool with you being at the partition. And lol, it would almost seem a bit silly if they let you rule Persia proper.

And also a legal question, so now that Alexander is dead and there is no established heir, what is the status of the League of Corinth? If the Greeks say that with Makedonian king so the agreement is now null, would that be wrong by the text of the agreements, as far as anyone here can tell?

I mean, I know there is the greek revolt written in the text of the game, but I would be open to negotiation if greek independence were guaranteed. I see the biggest problem with the greeks, not a lack of military strength, as the Lamian war was not militarily all that decisive, as the greek army was still intact and in the field and they had inflicted several defeats upon the Makedonians, rather it was a failure of the political will of the Greek city states to stand together and continue the fight.
    Last edited by Ace_General; April 26, 2016 at 11:56 PM.
    Low speed, High Drag

I'm hoping this picks up now that it's Friday night..

@Ace,
    I know, it's a bit off-putting actually.
    I wonder if Barry should've just disallowed non-Hellenes from RP'ing there, and having us as already established satraps.
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; April 29, 2016 at 07:41 PM.

Question to all the homies here, which faction should I play next in EB2? I just created the pan caucasian empire as Hayshadan yesterday
    Low speed, High Drag

Have you tried Saka Rauka yet?

Last time I played they hadn't added any new factional units (Saka cataphracts were still missing), but it's been a few months and my gaming laptop is broke so..

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Aggy's back folks.

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

So is Dan...one month later.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

Content Emeritus

Feeling some real nostalgia tonight, fellas. Where's everybody at in their life right now? Is any of the Old Guard still here? The only people I have any knowledge of life events from are Kaits and Aggy because of Facebook. I need updates!

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

What's up Dan! Moved in with my girlfriend, no more bachelor's life for me. Moved into our own place we pay for while we're putting ourselves through school. What about you?

Content Emeritus

Good stuff, pal! What will this be, your junior year now?

As for me, I've been doing alright. Staying in a summer apartment with one of my best friends and his girlfriend (who I'm not on the best terms with, but I haven't died yet, so I guess I've got that going for me ). Mostly just trying to relax and work on some personal-improvement stuff this summer. Not working anywhere near as many hours as I used to, which I thought would suck, but it's actually been a much-needed vacation.

My state cut higher education funding so I won't be returning for my final year of school until I have saved more to cover the tuition left vacant by the state. But I'm on a two week vacation currently doing absolutely nothing but having wisdom teeth pulled so I've been medicated heavily since Monday which is always a plus

All in all, life is pretty content despite the changes. I have a job, friends, and nothing catastrophic occurring. I've also found a niche of Episcopalian gay men to integrate into. While not being a believer in the faith, it's somewhat of a welcomed changed from my baptist upbringing and have become more involved in the services (Crucifer, Torchbearer, other Acolyte stuff).

If you want to Dan, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll add you on FB. I promise I don't post too much trash

Note: This is all a ramble because I'm literally loaded right now and just have words spewing out onto the keyboard.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Glad to hear y'all are doing fine As for me, I've settled into a routine at my current job (wish I could say it's something exciting and kickass, but actually it's just stacking shelves) and am pretty content with life right now. I deleted my FB a while back, I've only been using it like once or twice a year for the past four years or so but the revelations that Zuckerberg & friends have engaged in censorship in cooperation with the German gov't killed what little interest I had in keeping my account active.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    My state cut higher education funding so I won't be returning for my final year of school until I have saved more to cover the tuition left vacant by the state. But I'm on a two week vacation currently doing absolutely nothing but having wisdom teeth pulled so I've been medicated heavily since Monday which is always a plus

All in all, life is pretty content despite the changes. I have a job, friends, and nothing catastrophic occurring. I've also found a niche of Episcopalian gay men to integrate into. While not being a believer in the faith, it's somewhat of a welcomed changed from my baptist upbringing and have become more involved in the services (Crucifer, Torchbearer, other Acolyte stuff).

If you want to Dan, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll add you on FB. I promise I don't post too much trash

Note: This is all a ramble because I'm literally loaded right now and just have words spewing out onto the keyboard.
    Do you really want to, or was that the sauce talking? Just checking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    Glad to hear y'all are doing fine As for me, I've settled into a routine at my current job (wish I could say it's something exciting and kickass, but actually it's just stacking shelves) and am pretty content with life right now. I deleted my FB a while back, I've only been using it like once or twice a year for the past four years or so but the revelations that Zuckerberg & friends have engaged in censorship in cooperation with the German gov't killed what little interest I had in keeping my account active.
    Keeping your shirt on in the midst of the electoral chaos? I know I'm not.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
    Keeping your shirt on in the midst of the electoral chaos? I know I'm not.
    Heh, I know I'm not either, my friend. Trump's ascendancy in spite of his many, many demonstrations of a lack of basic decency & blatant unfitness for the presidential office has wounded my faith in our Great Experiment and particularly the GOP more than anything else in recent memory, to be sure.

Content Emeritus

I've decided that I'm simply not going to vote (okay, maybe I'll put Rubio in as a write-in). Clinton is a Crook, Trump is a brute, and there are probably not going to be any viable third party candidates. We screwed.

And the UK is leaving the EU seems like, primarily based on the rural English/Welsh populations voting to Leave, vs Scottish, London, and N. Ireland pops voting to Remain. Primarily based on conceptions of immigration issues it seems.

Rural England has ed Scotland, it looks like to me. Either way, Scotland loses.