Thread: Hotfix

Icon1 Hotfix

Well, it amazes me that so long after the first release I still have call to fix problems, no matter how small.

There are two files attached, add descr_strat to the appropriate folder only before starting a new campaign. This will change the rebel settlements in North America to Apache from Aztec.

Add the sound file to the main data folder at any time, then delete the two events files from the sound folder. (.idx and .dat) This will fix the arrow and musket firing sound issue as well as address some other similar bugs.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Hotfix

Longer battles fix. Rename to export_descr_unit and place in Modfolder data\.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dracula; January 30, 2014 at 02:11 PM.

I have been trying some things with this mod for some time now, mostly for the new world factions. I have to say, I found some mistakes, which if not fixed may spoil the game. First, the Americas kingdoms Expansion buildings are not all present, for example you cannot build a meso-american Pyramid. Second, everywhere in the Americas the settlements are linked to a european climat, that is - without palm trees and jungles, actually looks like in England. The skies that are loaded with it are also darker and not suitable. Third, some buildings for recruitment of soldiers had mistakes which prevented them from really recruiting them. Lastly, I haven't tried it fully, but I am afraid the Appacheans all buildings trees are more confused than the others and they cannot progress much.
    However I notice the map is very good, for example Grenada and Florida:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-01-31 02-05-44-32.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	301344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-02-04 03-10-53-79.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	301345
    Last edited by Dracula; February 04, 2014 at 05:57 AM.

A quick attempt to correct some things, given more money to the american factions as they couldn't build up; set up already built cities for the Aztecs; increased price cost of the worst units not to be spawned too much; enabled recruitment for the units that had errors; Still it's too little than what needs to be done here, mainly in the building trees.

(descr_strat goes in modfolder/data/world/map/campaign/imperial_campaign
    the other two in modfolder/data)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dracula; February 04, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Umm, I have a problem, when I enter a battle or some such My unit cards and mini map are blotched out with white... Need help.

Me to, I have the same problem.

I have same problem :/ Did you get help? I need help, can't battle correctly and manage troops.. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post
    There are two files attached
    So... anyone has the files?