Page 52 of 335 FirstFirst ... 22742434445464748495051525354555657585960616277102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 6690

Thread: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

Jagdpanzer's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

Quote Originally Posted by The Vengur View Post
    8 cm Raketen-Vielfachwerfer?
    Huh?!? No, it's an AT gun.

HINT: Used by France, Britain, Finland, Germany and Italy in WW-II. Also purchased for evaluation by the US.
    Last edited by Jagdpanzer; August 10, 2012 at 08:23 PM.

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

25 mm Hotchkiss anti-tank gun
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Correct!

French M/34 antitank gun was product of Hotchkiss factory and developed in early 1930's. Its later designed competitor M/37 antitank gun was mainly manufactured by Puteaux factory. Both guns has same ballistics and same basic structure, in fact the largest main difference between the two was weight, which favoured M/37. Largest notable visible differences between the two are the structure of gun shield and wheels. Both guns used same ammunition. During German attack to France in 1940 these guns were the main antitank-gun types used by French Army. They proved to be accurate guns, and flash-hiders used in them made them quite difficult to spot, but their armour penetration capability and range were not good. The Germans captured both guns in large numbers in 1940 and used them in secondary roles as coastal defence and in some garrisons. Only ammunition types Finnish military used with these guns in battle were AP (armour piercing) and AP with tracer. This made them only antitank-guns in Finnish use without HE-ammunition (HE = high explosive). Anyway this was not much a shortcoming, because while high-explosive rounds are useful against enemy infantry and other soft targets, the 25-mm calibre was too small to make much of a difference. When each individual round had to be manually loaded to the gun the effect of resulting rate of fire combined with small 25-mm projectile probably just wasn't considered worthy for developing high-explosive round.

Finland purchased 50 French 25-mm M/37 antitank guns during Winter War, but only 40 of them were delivered in February of 1940 through Norway. The remaining ten guns were captured by the Germans when they invaded Norway in spring of 1940. About half of the guns, which had arrived during Winter War saw frontline service during it and three of them were lost in battle. During Interim Peace the Germans offered Finland another 200 French 25-mm antitank guns that they had captured. This shipment arrived from Germany 10th of December of 1940 with S/S Hohenhörn and included: 133 antitank guns M/34
    67 antitank guns M/37
    When Continuation War started large number of 25-mm guns were issued to Finnish frontline troops, but soon their weak armour penetration capability made them outdated, so withdrawing them from frontline use started already early 1942. Report concerning antitank-guns used by Finnish Army dated February 1942 notes from these guns that: "Their armour-penetration capability is such, that they have no meaning as actual antitank-weapons..." The last of 25-mm antitank-guns were withdrawn from frontline use in year 1943. After the war they were kept warehoused until being declared obsolete in 1959. The remaining 225 guns were sold to Interarmco in 1960.
    Source: http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/AT_GUNS1.htm

Also used by the BEF in France. Guns that were captured by Germany during Fall Gelb were used by Germany and Italy. German designation was 2.5cm PAK 112(f)

Come on, The Vengur. Post something
    If you rep me, please leave your username so I can rep back
    Formerly known as Sarry. and My Political Profile!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Hmm, I may be off but that looks like a modern Oerlikon 20 mm cannon

Right Caliber, wrong Weapon

OK. It is a french 20 mm modèle F2 gun

Correct, +rep and your turn.

Thank you

My picture is attached, and I believe it should an good one.

Unrelated question: Is there a limit on which era the weapon is from? I.e Modern era only?

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

It's a Parker Hale is it not?

Not a Parker Hale.

PGW Timberwof C14 medium range sniper weapon system.

The Timberwolf rifle was developed by Canadian company Prairie GunWorks, now PGW Defence Technologies Ltd. In 2005, a modified version ofthe Timberwolf rifle, chambered for .338 Lapua Magnum ammunition, wasadopted by Canadian Armed Forces as C14 MRSWS (Medium Range SnipersWeapon System), to fill the gap between 7.62x51 sniper and .50MBG /12.7x99 anti-materiel / long range sniper rifles. PGW Timberwolf rifleis also available as a commercial long range hunting / target rifle. In.338 LM version, maximum effective range for C14 is listed as 1 500meters.
    C14 Timberwolf sniper rifle is a manually operated boltaction rifle. It uses rotary bolt with dual front locking lugs andadditional locking lug at the rear of the bolt. Receiver ismanufactured from stainless steel and bedded into the polymer stockmade by McMillan (McMillan A-5 adjustable stock in C14 version). Thetrigger is fuly adjustable. Feed is from detachable box magazines,containing 5 rounds each. Heavy, free-floating barrel is partiallyfluted and equipped with muzzle brake. Rifle also can acceptproprietary silencer, made by PGW. There are no iron sights by default;instead, rifle is fitted with integral Picatinny type rail on thereceiver. Two additional short accessory rails are provided above theforend.
    Source: http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-r...olf-c14-e.html

Yes, that is correct. It is the Timberwolf C14

Your turn

And now for something completely different. What's this?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Jagdpanzer; August 13, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

I don't see any picture nor any link :/

I had to temporarily remove the picture for some editing because the name of the vehicle was in the picture.

Hmm, it almost resembles the Morris Light recon car. So I'll go with Morris Light for now.

No.

Dingo?