Page 15 of 335 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: Identify that Tank/Ship/Plane/Artillery etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sicknero View Post
    I was just waiting to see if anyone could be more precise than "Mk 1-5"

No prob anyhow.

Bantam Jeep?
    Yep. Its the Bantam Jeep. BRC Model 40. Your turn.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

Ta. The Bantam's headlamp guards are distinctive, and the running boards, if that's the right term.

New pic -
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself ... always a laborious business." A. A. Milne

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Geshultzwagen thingy based on the H39, this one with the 75mm?

Bang on. Marder 1 Tank Destroyer, on H-39 chassis with Pak 75.
    "A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself ... always a laborious business." A. A. Milne

Some time later...

I've been thinking over my reply there. I always thought that "Geshutzwagen" meant Assault Gun, but when I looked it up earlier on, I found that some people do use the name for these Marder variants, hence "bang on".

Googling the topic this afternoon, I found no end of threads where people are debating this very point. Perhaps I should have been more particular re; ID-ing the pic, but it's been a thoroughly educational afternoon.

New pic..?

Should be easy, so I made it look like Australian Navy!

Hahaha

Invincible Class Carrier. I think the Ark Royal but I'm not sure.

It's not Ark Royal, and also, what is the big red thing?

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

QE class failcarrier?
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Big red thing is my face after standing on my head to view your pic...

I'm guessing must be one of the Queen Elizabeth class carriers in a "Old and New" type piccy?

Still can't name the old one - trying to get it from the fire control radar. Illustrious? (2 down one to go :-D)

Edit;

QE class failcarrier?
    Sorry just saw you posted that above me. Failcarrier hehehe
    Last edited by Sicknero; May 24, 2012 at 05:18 AM.

Illustrious, can tell from the Stern CIWS.

Why failcarrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Illustrious, can tell from the Stern CIWS.

Why failcarrier?
    With the sum it is over budget i could buy my entire town, and the Gerald R Ford class is bigger, cheaper and faster.
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Stern CIWS - thanks for the info, I thought the Ark Royal had the same. Failcarrier - News stories vary wildy on how much over-budget the project really is - I've read 1bn in one place to way more than that in others. And either way they won't be operational for another decade at least (depending who you listen to). They seem to change their minds about specs all the time too. Little details like what aircraft they will carry

It's only over budget because labour don't know how to budget for defence!

Plus, don't forget the R+D costs with the GRFords.

They won't be fail carriers, they'll be formidable, impressive ships. Granted, there are problems, it was a mistake not to go for the nuclear option, especially with reactors like ours. and I also personally feel the wrong aircraft is being used for a carrier of this size, HOWEVER, it is £2b cheaper this way, even if there is less capability. I can think of a good 20 arguments why the current spec isn't good enough, but at least we know we can make this style of ship work.

In short, not ideal, but capable, suitable, and personally, I'd have done the whole entire thing differently.

Ark Royal is no longer in service, BUT, there is speculation....
    She's been left at the back of Portsmouth Harbour for months, and now the MOD is no longer in debt.... next year perhaps, we'll see.

I like these topics Would be interesting to hear how you'd have done the entire thing differently, there's no end of debate about it all.

I thought Ark Royal had a little while left yet, guess I'm a bit out of touch. Is it my go?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicknero View Post
    I like these topics Would be interesting to hear how you'd have done the entire thing differently, there's no end of debate about it all.

I thought Ark Royal had a little while left yet, guess I'm a bit out of touch. Is it my go?
    yes, it's your turn

Something a tad cheaper -

Sword bayonet, Baker rifle?

Wow that was fast. Yes it is.

Bonus for the pattern?