Thread: Questions I have about The (awesome) Long Road Mod

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Icon3 Questions I have about The (awesome) Long Road Mod

Hello everyone!

First of all let me just say I am really enjoying this mod. It is absolutely awesome. I reinstalled M2:TW just to mess around and I'm hooked. Great job and hats off to the developers of this mod.

I've browsed the wiki, and the forum. I still have some questions which I did not find answers to.

So let me start with the first one:
    Are Mercenary stations actually guilds? Does that mean you cannot have Mercenary Guild Headquarters and Swordsmiths Guild Headquarters in the same castle?

I'll post more as they come up, this one is juts the most 'urgent' right now since I need to make a decision based on if it is classified as a guild or not.

BTW is there a FAQ on the mechanics etc?

Many thanks in advance.

Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

Default Re: Questions I have about The (awesome) Long Road Mod

no it isn't the mercenary guild is just a standard building and doesn't interfere with "true" guilds

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Awesome, thanks very much.

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Hey guys, does trading monopoly exist in this mod? I think it doesn't coz in about 500 turns I've yet to see a monopolist.

Also, does anyone have tips on how to level the merchants. They are clearly very very important. The usual vanilla tactics don't seem to work though.

Is there a building which upgrades gunpowder troops?

Kinda like a Big Mac... I'm lovin it.
    Last edited by Sinan; April 18, 2012 at 04:13 PM.

Sinan's Avatar Senator

One more: does anyone know how to get the Racing tracks experience bonus to work?
    I've built both racing tracks in Cairo as Fartimids but do not receive any bonus to cavalry trained there.

Laetus

I have a question too. Now that 2.4.2 is out I can play some proper games, besides the beta.

Why is it that if I take an independent town early I become untrustworthy?

Also, why are all the factions allying with everyone else? I swear if it carries on like this there will be world wide peace. Of course that is unnacceptable!

Big Dogg's Avatar Semisalis

The factions allying is a known problem that is being fixed for 3.0

As for you becoming untrustworthy, it is probably because you either sacked or exterminated the town (both of which lower your trustworthiness)

i was going to upload a full install of 2.4.2 but not had time tbh and i have reworked the ai for a 2.4.3 release that is near completion. As this is basically complete im not sure its worth uploading a full release of 2.4.2 ?? I only added a few strat models tbh (i am planning on releasing 2.4.3 weekend dep on RL commitments)

The ai in 2.4.1 & 2.4.2 are basically the same. The issue (hence me starting on the ai files) is raised in the papal states to strong thread (?name) one problem is basically because some settings are just not being read correctly, infact i strongly suspect that the game is reading default settings. ie set trade rights params in faction_standings or diplomacy to mega low or 0 and you will still get perfect relations upon a trade agreement. Instead of looking at why its happening, it was quicker to replace the files and rework the params.

The merchants are important and are going tobe a lot lot more important in the next release especially for the player!

*EDIT*
    Here is a early version that I sent to wibletg and 75Antons a week ago or so. more work has been done on the files since then but you may as well get a sneak peak

Just extract The_Long_Road_test folder and .bat to your Medieval II Total War directory

any current version of TLR will not be affected as I have uploaded as a full version. This way you can continue any campaigns you have saved etc.
    you can start the mod by using the .bat. Delete the folder and .bat to uninstall.

Remember that this is basically a beta! money may be short (so use yor merchants) and public order/population maybe quite challenging but I hope you think its an improvment

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1A...lVnRjZsZ01hdEk
    Last edited by Keogh; August 07, 2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: added link to early AI test
    RESISTITE USQUE AD SANQUINEM

Laetus

To Big Dogg, nope. I occupied all the settlements, having taken 3 I am now Deceitful. As is every other faction in the game. No one is a nice guy!

To Keogh, the link keeps redirecting me in circles. If you can fix it I'll give it a try.

Big Dogg's Avatar Semisalis

I have no idea then