Thread: Is the sengoku campaign fun with DMS 3.9?

Default Is the sengoku campaign fun with DMS 3.9?

Hi,

sorry for posting another thread, I figured this was more reasonable than asking in the feedback thread.

Is it worth the hassle playing the sengoku campaign with darthmod after the CA patch some weeks ago? Is there something I will miss besides the changed unit stats? I'm still playing empire total war quite happily but would like to play shogun 2 as well, but is it worth it right now or would you advise to wait?

Thanks!

Default Re: Is the sengoku campaign fun with DMS 3.9?

I would wait. I find some things to be rather odd at the moment. Sometimes enemy units/ships will wander to the borders of the map and just sit there or simply not attack until attacked no matter where they are. Things like that. If you enjoy empire I'd suggest you stick with it a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Karebennian View Post
    I would wait. I find some things to be rather odd at the moment. Sometimes enemy units/ships will wander to the borders of the map and just sit there or simply not attack until attacked no matter where they are. Things like that. If you enjoy empire I'd suggest you stick with it a little longer.
    Waiting for the fix for this, and until the modified units are available again (Right now the 1 turn recruitment for specialty units and the lower building requirements are not working)
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

Thanks guys, seems like waiting is my way to go then.

Heh, I'm having fun with it. I am, however, getting the issue in naval battles where they run to map edges and don't do anything. Also had a problem where my ship was boarded but no casualties were getting exchanged after a certain point. I just autocalc naval battles because of this.

Thanks, very nice information indeed. I wanted to ask about the same question.

DMS is now modding 3 games (Sengoku, RotS, FotS) and it is not always very obvious which one is worked on by Darth - it seems it is FotS recently.

I really enjoyed 3.3 DMS versions of Sengoku Jidai, but the patch broke everything. I am going to wait until all the initial features are back.

Same here. Stupid patch is stupid.

I wonder: Does anyone still have DMS 3.3?

Would it be possible to delete the two new patches (Thereby going back to when 3.3 still worked) and disable autoupdate so you could play like that? Or alternatively, to run steam in offline mode after deleting the two patches so it can't download the new patch?

I'd try it but I don't have DMS 3.3 :C
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

Chopy's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Elitewolf View Post
    I wonder: Does anyone still have DMS 3.3?

Would it be possible to delete the two new patches (Thereby going back to when 3.3 still worked) and disable autoupdate so you could play like that? Or alternatively, to run steam in offline mode after deleting the two patches so it can't download the new patch?

I'd try it but I don't have DMS 3.3 :C
    Don't think so , patches more often than not edit some older files , so getting rid of new patch files wouldn't be enough.

Also, disabling autoupdate wouldn't help. Online games (and shogun2 is one, unfortunately) are automatically patched even if you disable the option. I ranted to the support about it and this is the insight I got. >(

Quote Originally Posted by Anjin-San View Post
    Also, disabling autoupdate wouldn't help. Online games (and shogun2 is one, unfortunately) are automatically patched even if you disable the option. I ranted to the support about it and this is the insight I got. >(
    Yeah, the only thing you can do is to stop the download when you see it going.

Quote Originally Posted by itsthewoo View Post
    Yeah, the only thing you can do is to stop the download when you see it going.
    Strangely, even that didn't work. Either the files are replaced immediatly or the game was broken before because of unknown reasons.

I fear this will be a long wait. For one, darth seems to have a hard time dealing with coming back to ground zero before the patch, and second, there are 3 campaigns now to fix. CA/steam ruined this game for months probably, as far as I'm concerned. And I'm sure there will be another patch soon, but at least, the whole tables stuff won't be completely different anymore, so that's something.

Hi, I just recently found the Darthmod after running over the computer a few times in the sengoku campaign.

I find it fun and challenging although obviously there are still some bugs with it. I'm playing as the Takeda and for some reason had access to Samurai Matchlocks without fully developing the technology nor accepting a Namba trading post.

Anyways, arent the unit tables updated in Version 3.9?? or is it still the same?