Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 38 88 113 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138
Results 2,741 to 2,751 of 2751

Thread: Say something of the next Country!

Librarian's Avatar Vexillifer

Default Re: Say something of the next Country!

A place with the Star Of David on its flag, indicating Judaism. It owns Jerusalem which has 2000 plus years of history.

Taiwan
    I am the proud offspring of two great nations that have been rivals for aeons, a symbol of peace and prosperity.
    I am ½ French, ½ English.
    note: my language I feel comfortable with is english. this signature is a semi-placeholder

General Maximus's Avatar Tribunus

The real China, AKA the Republic of China, that was reduced to the island of Taiwan (and a few coastal islands along the mainland) in 1949 after filthy communist rebels took over the mainland of China. The communists destroyed the Chinese culture and greatness with big blunders, turned it into an autocratic idiocy, but Republic of China survived on Taiwan mainly with outside help. It is an extremely modern nation and one of the most eco-friendly states present nowadays.

Their territorial claims still include the map of how China was in 1912 after the collapse of the old glorious Imperial China of the Qing Dynasty, and they include whole of Mongolia, parts of Burma, a simple part of Vietnam and many others, including the territory Russia unlawfully snatched away from them (excluding Outer Manchuria).

Their political existence is now based on US military support, who prevent those communist idiots from gobbling up Taiwan. There are also movements to create 'Taiwan' itself as a separate nation, not as a part of China.

Netherlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    If someone is dancing on my bed when I am trying to sleep? Kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by babydoc View Post
    Hippodrome has wrong number of rows for seats.
    No buy for me.
    Thats it I had enough!

A big Export in flowers (don't blame me, blame school for doing a whole topic on flowers in geography), Quite a big historical Colonizer, speaks English more often.

Sweden
    I am the proud offspring of two great nations that have been rivals for aeons, a symbol of peace and prosperity.
    note: my language I feel comfortable with is english. this signature is a semi-placeholder

Finska Lejonet's Avatar Centurio

Finland use to be part of it!

Eesti

Also Known as Estonia

Ecuador

A country in South American, on the western coast. It was a Spanish Colony, a part the Viceroyalty of Peru. After the massive rebellion in South America in the Spanish colonies and the collapse of Spanish Empire, they became indendent. Currently they have one of the longest, if not indeed the longest, territorial dispute for their former territories being snatched by Peru.

Cambodia.
    No buy for me.
    Thats it I had enough!

Aethelwulf Winterfylleth's Avatar Equites

Don't know too much, but a lot of massacres by the Khmer Rouge and that nutcase Pol Pot. They assumed that even if you wore glasses = intellectual = shoot you. They also declared Year Zero, one of the most stupid things I have ever heard of. Their flag is really cool though!

South Korea
    Wassail, gelandan! Strength, my countrymen!

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Signifer

Oppa Gangnam Style!

Germany
    If you are leader of a M2TW or Kingdoms mod,and you are looking for team members,click here

Rhinelander's Avatar Pili

Formed by a quickly rising power : Prussia. But too quickly for the other powers in Europe. The United Kingdom, France, Russia and Austria didn't want a strong and united Germany.
    So they thought better destroy it than having a new rival.

In WWI in pretty much any battle, the allied had much more losses than Germany, still we were forced to lose it.
    In WWII a mad bastard took over controle of Germany and led it into a disaster.

And now we got a middle-sized puppet state with a too-strict government.

Austria-Hungary
    Germany is not united!

irontaino's Avatar Pili Posterior

One of the weaker European powers of it's day, weathering the final decline of Austrian power. The assassination of it's heir-apparent was the spark that set off World War I.

Tibet

Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

Tibet was originally an isolated group of tribes whose obscure history has them continuously fighting against each other until they were united, and probably adopting Buddhism from India along the way. Once they got united, they launched full-scale raids on Chinese Empire, who repelled them so hard at first that they were reduced to a tributary nation. But as soon as Tang Dynasty started to collapse, they took up raiding again and this time, they started occupying Chinese provinces in the west and southwest, forming the Tibetan Empire.

They were barely driven out by the Song Dynasty in the southwest but their northern areas fell under Turko-Mongolic Khanates. And once Mongols took over China, they (for the first time in Tibetan history) annexed Tibet. They were to remain a province of the Mongol Empire and the Mongol Yuan Dynasty until the Chinese rebelled, formed the Ming Dynasty, and almost all former Mongol possessions in East Asia rebelled and reformed their states (Joseon for Korea), Tibet being one of them.

Things continued smoothly for Tibet, as they paid tribute to Ming Dynasty. By this time their Buddhism had evolved into a distinct form from Indian Buddhism, and there were now religious heads known as Dalai Lama who also acted as the ruler of Tibet (Indian Buddhism doesn't have any religious head). But Ming Dynasty collapsed in 1644, and they were taken over by the Manchurian Qing Dynasty, who went on to become the largest Chinese Empire ever seen. Qing reduced the autonomy of Tibet even more, and made them into a quasi-independent puppet but a de-facto province of the Chinese Empire. Qing governors and officials ran the day-to-day tasks of Tibet, and Dalai Lama and his ministers were reduced to powerless religious figureheads. The only thing that remained was an official annexation, as the unofficial one had already been done. Because they were still independent in name, Tibetans also paid tribute to the Qing. In 1890s, British took over two large parts of Tibet both from the east and the west, and formed a separate treaty with the Tibetans without consulting the Chinese, who considered that treaty illegal because they regarded Tibetans as vassals.

With the collapse of the Qing Dynasty and the Chinese Empire in 1912, Tibet became independent of the new, powerless republican government. They retained their independence all the way through the world wars, and prevented themselves from becoming like the 'warlords' that plagued China in the early-mid 19th century. The republican government was becoming corrupt, and the communist rebels launched a civil war and after defeating them, reduced them to the island of Taiwan.

The communists, after stabilizing the situation in China, invaded Tibet claiming that it was never independent. They went on to massacre enormous number of Tibetans and forced repopulation of the areas with Han Chinese population. To this day, this massacre is still going on (although it is suppressed in media). Tibet is now a province of communist China.

Republic of China (AKA Taiwan).
    Last edited by General Maximus; April 15, 2014 at 12:27 AM.
    No buy for me.
    Thats it I had enough!

Thread Information