Thread: Gun Units' Auto Attack Preference

Default Gun Units' Auto Attack Preference

Howdy,

One thing that bugs me in the Vanilla Shogun 2: FOTS is that my gun units will auto attack other gun units but not melee. Often this seems to be caused by the enemy gun units getting within range and aggro'ing my own guns. But when the melee units start to move in in front of their own gun units mine keep trying to target the gun units.

I can manually tell my infantry to attack the melee units, but it causes them to stall and reform slightly, losing precious seconds. Is there any way to improve this? Just curious.

Thanks

Default Re: Gun Units' Auto Attack Preference

Once the melee units get closer range, cancel current orders and reenable fire at will. They will reset and start shooting at the nearest target: The approaching melee units.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

I only really ever use auto fire when the enemy is advaning as a whole vs my army as a whole. after this brief period at the start i dont trust the auto fire to no just shoot my own men.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

I also find Auto-Fire makes my units dance around like Pansies and die like Pussys..

^ on auto fire my units dont ever move.... they just shoot what ever comes within their red box of death.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic