Thread: Star Wars For Shogun FoTS!

Default Star Wars For Shogun FoTS!

Okay so I wasn't sure where to post this. BUT! This seems miscellaneous enough. Could anyone make a Star Wars modification for Shogun FoTS? I am not talking about a reskin here. Just turn Katanas into Lightsabers.
    Make rifles shoot lasers? Is that even possible? I know nothing about modding but I think it would be so fun to see that.

Thanks guys!
    Some people were born to be great. Others...not so much...

-= ME!=-

Default Re: Star Wars For Shogun FoTS!

Oh my...

Well the reason for this request was: I was playing COOP with a group of friends. We all had our games going...and someone mentioned starwars. So they knew I had a account here and I was the only one that could voice this request. I am aware that people think its silly. But with all the serious mods and realism...why not? I read somewhere that the guns could at least be changed to shoot lasers. I have even seen a video where someone did it. But I have no knowledge in the matter.
    Some people were born to be great. Others...not so much...

-= ME!=-

Dude, That would be epic. And it wouldn't be that hard for an experienced skinner. All it is is replacing the katana with a curved lightsaber model

I was under the impression, that you couldn't add in new models / textures / skins or anything like that.
    So mods like these are not possible.

Only thing we can do, is to mix up the body parts for example and weapons.. That would form a new unit of sorts.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Yes it is possible. A campaign in the vanilla sense is impossible as the map is un-moddable. It would have to be a series of historical battles and custom battles
    Those who are familiar with Star Wars will know the most suitable period for a shogun 2 mod would be the end of the new sith wars, particularly the Ruusan campaign. For those who don't know what that is it was the series of battles where jedi and sith fought in the traditional way for the last time, in this period there were so many jedi and sith that they formed massive battalions numbering in the hundreds of thousands, there was so much carnage in these battles that those numbers could never be reached again for thousands of years and the sith also began their "there shall be only two" thing.

I'm shocked and saddened that this isn't/won't be taken seriously.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

I could look into it seriously.

The textures can be remodeled, so maybe I can make a katana look like a lightsaber. Just give me a sec and I might be able to create something.

The models however, can't be changed, so no laser guns, or anything. However the projectiles might be able to changed to lasers, so I'll see what I can do. Might be able to pull something together.

Why can't you just replace the units with more star warsy ones and the faction names with things like "The New Jedi Order" Fluff it as fleets of the factions failed and now they are struggling for control so that they can use the resources available to rebuild their fleets to leave the planet.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Would be very nice, Shogun 2 is most ahistorical anyway, so it won`t bother me at all.
    Would be very nice
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

How about make all the generals carry Lightsabers? That would be more than enough for me and move the greater overhaul to Rome 2 since everyone left Shogun 2. Darth Vader will be the Lord of the Shogunate until you whoop him out of the seat. Make him look like the screenshot that our fellow Modder Darth Vader uses. I hope he's doing something in Rome 2, I haven't heard from him in awhile already.

Looks like I'm a few years too late, but this sounded silly and so I did it. I've made the arquebus into a blaster and the katana into a lightsaber (I don't have FOTS sorry). Here is a poor quality video of the mod - https://youtu.be/Xl5R3QvYt30

And here is a download link - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...EZ4RENNYlJWVzQ