Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you live for?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default What do you live for?

What do you live for? Everyday I wake up with the question that I have no answer to... it's weird. Anyway, I'm just curious because a lot of people here seem to be pro-life

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you live for?

Trying to make people around you (family, friends) feel ok? And money, of course.

Trax's Avatar It's a conspiracy!

Out of curiosity.

What will be in the news tomorrow?
    What new piece of music I might hear tomorrow, etc.

There enough things for ten lifetimes to see, hear and read.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Meeting a nice girl? They exist!!!!

Edit: Even meeting a nice person?

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Pleasure!

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

I live for the pleasure, the excitemente, the discovery of living a everyday life.

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Video games, also to just see how History transpires, whether we become a interstellar race of space travelers or if we all kill eachother into extinction.
    Last edited by Jaketh; July 10, 2012 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    What do you live for? Everyday I wake up with the question that I have no answer to... it's weird. Anyway, I'm just curious because a lot of people here seem to be pro-life
    Got something better to do?
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

What do I live for?
    Everything. Pleasure on it's own is meaningless without the other stuff.
    I can't imagine a life so boring that when you ask every morning if you should die and you have trouble answering that question..... unless your a blind, deaf and dumb quadriplegic with aspergers.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

Getting laid. It will happen!

I Live for Music! Well, Actually My dream of music, One day I Will learn and Play The Violin And Piano as much As I Want without Religious A-Holes around me telling me that its Haram. This is what I live for

I live for the small things in life, the sun shine, moments shared with loved ones, the pleasure of achieving something, sharing a drink with friends. Almost every night I fall a sleep with a smile on my face and wake up smiling.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    I can't imagine a life so boring that when you ask every morning if you should die and you have trouble answering that question..... unless your a blind, deaf and dumb quadriplegic with aspergers.
    Nope, I ask what I live for, what I would do and where I should go, if I choose not to work today, and I no longer have answers to these.

Based the replies above, am I correct that there would be nothing to live for, if you have no loved ones, no achievement to make, and get bored with enough drink, food, and music and the exact same sunshine since millions of years ago, and know that today there wouldn't be any news or new product or game or just anything that would be interesting?

For doing things I enjoy, trying to surpass obstacles, trying to understand reality, to saciate curiosity on scientific subjects, pleasure.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Because the alternative would suck.

I really dont think about it in these terms. I'm here, I have to breath and eat and drink, defecate unfortunately, and along the way I will have good and bad experiences. Hopefully more good than bad. End.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What Trax and Nietzsche said:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Originally Posted by Friedrich Nietzsche, The Gay Science, Book Four, #276, tr. Kaufmann

For the new year. -- I still live, I still think: I still have to live, for I still have to think. Sum, ergo cogito: cogito, ergo sum. Today everybody permits himself the expression of his wish and his dearest thought: hence I, too, shall say what it is that I wish from myself today, and what was the first thought to run across my heart this year -- what thought shall be for me the reason, warranty, and sweetness of my life henceforth. I want to learn to see more and more as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who makes things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all and all and on the whole: someday I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

Based the replies above, am I correct that there would be nothing to live for, if you have no loved ones, no achievement to make, and get bored with enough drink, food, and music and the exact same sunshine since millions of years ago, and know that today there wouldn't be any news or new product or game or just anything that would be interesting?
    I like the way you raise that deep and beautiful statement.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Got something better to do?
    Very good answer.

There's so much to see, to do, to experience and I've got a long list of things I hope to do. I live for the fun of it I guess, little more reason to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

There would be nothing to live for only if you chose not to live. Once you die you have nothing to live for. Until you die you have everything to live for.

I shall live tomorrow because I live today and have lived yesterday. It is neither pleasure nor suffering that compels me onward, but simply the steady passage of time and the natural order of things.

If there is one "new experience" I don't particularly want to try, it's death.

I don't like permanence.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; July 11, 2012 at 12:47 AM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

I don't need a reason to live. I'm already here. Didn't exactly have a say in the matter, rofl.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

There is always something interesting, interesting doesn't mean new, everything is interesting in the right light.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast