Thread: Russo-Japanese War Map Pack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Russo-Japanese War Map Pack

Since the Russo-Japanese war was the first 20th century war pre-WW1 that brought everything they used in WW1 including, trenches, attrition/siege warfare, machine guns, submarines, aerial reconaissanse, siege guns/mortars/howitzars, torpedo boats, as well as gas warfare; I think it would be a great collection of maps to make such as the Battle for Port Aurthor (Russian desperately trying to hold onto it only warm water port), The Battle of Yalu River, or the various battles in manchuria. Now I doubt that there's any maps of asia that we could use for a campaign for NTW TGW but we could indepently make these maps along with a Japanese Army since they fought in WW1 as well and that would leave even more opportunies to make maps to represent the battles fought in the pacific against the German colonies there (such as the battle of Tsingtao).

What do you guys think about it?

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Russo-Japanese War Map Pack

I'd be interesting, but I don't think panzerschreck would be up to the task.

On a side note, my Polish Great-Great grandfather was "Recruited" to fight in the Russo-Japanese War. He survived, but he died long before I could meet him.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

It would be a nice addition, but then who's going to make a Japanese faction, or Russo-Japanese War maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Handgun_Hero View Post
    It would be a nice addition, but then who's going to make a Japanese faction, or Russo-Japanese War maps?
    Agree on the maps, but so just you know, TGW team shown pics of japanese in 5.0, so we'll have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    Agree on the maps, but so just you know, TGW team shown pics of japanese in 5.0, so we'll have them.
    They did? I don't recall ever seeing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Handgun_Hero View Post
    They did? I don't recall ever seeing them.
    Here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...se#post8931708

It was on the old Preview thread that is now merged with General Discussion.

You know, there is this thing called Fall of the Samurai....

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tzarmarko View Post
    You know, there is this thing called Fall of the Samurai....
    You know, there is this thing called The Great War Mod...
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.

True, true. But fall of the Samurai has much more modern stuff.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tzarmarko View Post
    True, true. But fall of the Samurai has much more modern stuff.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=533775

There was just a thread on this. And another one the week before.

Sorry I've been busy having the handle of my coffee mug break off and spill milk all over my computer, which I thought I cleaned but curdled inside, On the upside I designed the most advanced computer I coould which took 2 months to put together and shippoff from their end. I also have work. But if 5.0 includes Japanese Soldiers I could see myself creating a DL map pack of Port Arthor. I guesss we'll have to see what happens

..are you planning on making the maps?
    That is the flaw in your theory, gentlemen and I will not help you out of it. If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun. If you sentence me to jail, you will have to send armed men to carry me there - I will not volunteer to move. If you fine me, you will have to seize my property to collect the fine - I will not volunteer to pay it. If you believe that you have the right to force me - use your guns openly. I will not help you to disguise the nature of your action. -Hank Rearden

Well I'll be damned, that is something I'm now really eager for.

I think that shogun 2 would be better to do such a mod.