Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Corrupted Sounds Solutions and Discussion

Default Re: Corrupted Sounds Solutions and Discussion

crux3D
    I have disabled the mod completely (no other mods present) and have re-done the procedure. The same error appears.

Has anybody else made it to work except crux?

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    crux3D
    I have disabled the mod completely (no other mods present) and have re-done the procedure. The same error appears.

Has anybody else made it to work except crux?
    I tested this with 2 mods of units and darthmod and this works for me. Now my units have the correct sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyal View Post
    I guess having FotS is considered the vanilla install?

I got an error saying it couldn't find that pack as a dependency when trying to unpack patch16.
    CA seem to have special-cased some of the packfiles to support FotS. I have uploaded a new version of Symphony which I hope is compatible with non-FotS Shogun 2.

Looking at your earlier error report, it looks like Symphony was loading loose files, which presumably contain modded content. Try renaming your data/db folder to something else and make sure Symphony is loading the units table from patch21.pack. If that doesn't work, please post the full Symphony output.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

When I used Symphony for NTW, I first removed completly every mod (physically removing the files from the DATA folder), then unpack, and after this I put my mod back and packed.
    It worked very well. The only problm I have comes from lack of options from CA, not from Symphony.

Quote Originally Posted by crux3D View Post
    CA seem to have special-cased some of the packfiles to support FotS. I have uploaded a new version of Symphony which I hope is compatible with non-FotS Shogun 2.

Looking at your earlier error report, it looks like Symphony was loading loose files, which presumably contain modded content. Try renaming your data/db folder to something else and make sure Symphony is loading the units table from patch21.pack. If that doesn't work, please post the full Symphony output.
    Thanks will do. Crossing fingers.

EDIT:
    YES! The renaming worked! Will do the packing and will prepare a beta so that users test the sounds. Thank you a lot!

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Daniu,

Since This is a [Tutorial] Thread, I suggest you should put a step-by-step guide of Symphony on the OP.

From my Understanding, The Mod Consumer have to use Symphony whenever he or she add a Unit mod, correct? Modders may provide sound.pack for his own mod. The Problem Lies in The Mod Consumer who like to mix and match mods, using more than one unit pack. I could conclude, Modders are bound not to provide sound.pack for mods of another Modder.
    Now, i see the operation of The Symphony Tool is rather complex for an average Mod Consumer. Thats why i think if things will still like this, Every mod thread Must provide a link to an Easily-Understandable Tutorial of using Symphony. I hope in the future a Better Interface could be Implemented.

If There are mistakes in my post, please correct me.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    From my Understanding, The Mod Consumer have to use Symphony whenever he or she add a Unit mod, correct? Modders may provide sound.pack for his own mod. The Problem Lies in The Mod Consumer who like to mix and match mods, using more than one unit pack. I could conclude, Modders are bound not to provide sound.pack for mods of another Modder.
    Now, i see the operation of The Symphony Tool is rather complex for an average Mod Consumer. Thats why i think if things will still like this, Every mod thread Must provide a link to an Easily-Understandable Tutorial of using Symphony. I hope in the future a Better Interface could be Implemented.
    Mod makers can provide a sound pack, but it can work only if mod consumer play with ONLY this mod (of course, it's safe to have several mods as long as they don't change the unit table).
    To play with several mods, it would be necessary for each consumer to repack himself.

First, thanks for the update. It did indeed run through without error.

Edit: Nevermind, read the technical data you provided and see only the second bank has been parsed.

Edit2: Got this error when trying to pack

Code:
    Loading database table "db/units_tables"
            Loaded "units" from "c:\steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Seyal_Shoujo_Bushi.pack"
    Loaded "unpacked_sounds\sound_settings.xml"
    Loaded "unpacked_sounds\sound_bank_unknown1.xml"
    An error has occured:
    Parameter unit has no value Boshin_Art_Wooden_Cannons
    Exiting.
    Last edited by Seyal; May 26, 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Okay, got it to work - I went into patch21 units and cut and paste the Boshin stuff into my units table.

Hopefully, that won't screw up the mod (I'm in personal uncharted water here)

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

This is absolutely pointless. Sorry but if mod users must use it to fix their sounds its no solution at all. 90% of mod users cant even use PFM or create user.script so fixing sounds is no go here. If CA will not provide sollution or tips how to fix it i guess modding in Shogun 2 will be crippled by this very much.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Maybe not the most convenient solution, but better this than nothing, and I'm most grateful to everyone involved in providing it. And if someone finds doing this too difficult, he can always use only one mod with sound pack provided by mod maker. Idiot proof instructions will be necessary, though.
    Can't wait for new mods

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

After the packing procedure, which was successful, my mod installation and probably the whole game is corrupted. I cannot load my mod in the script, no matter what I do, the script is there but the mod does not load, it is vanilla. This is the first time I have this kind of problem and probably I will have to re-install the whole game now.
    This is a nightmare. I agree with Radious. We probably have to quit, because it is not worth the effort.

EDIT:
    Specifically, after the packing procedure, the mod script is loaded, for example I can see increased sizes but it does not load the projectiles file (I know that because the ranges remain vanilla) and other elements of the mod, statistics etc.. To correct the problem I must delete the preferences, load vanilla, and then load the mod. Quite strange, I have never witnessed this kind of problem so it has to do with the current version of Symphony (does it alter preferences?).

It didn't work for me

I got everything to pack, the game loads, and my few units came in and all works as it should.

But I was in a siege with the Ikko Ikki - and I heard either their bows going off like different gun sounds or it's the archer towers doing it (might be both, which might explain the different gun sounds).

Oh well, at least it's just them (hopefully). My own units are fine as are the Ashigaru bows and samurai bows for other clans. Had some massive battles against Shingen (gosh he's annoying, but first thing Nobunaga did coming of age was go take out Shingen...shame he comes of age as a 0-star taisho, though) and his bows sounded fine.

*sigh* Can't believe CA did this. Why did they have to change how the database worked and introduce this bug

That's really horrible what happened to your mod, Darth
    Last edited by Seyal; May 27, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

And I tried, I tried.
    I forgot to mention exactly how I repaired my installation after the corruption.
    I deleted preferences and deleted the sounds.pack that symphony creates.
    The existence of this file in the data folder corrupts the mod even if it is not loaded by the script... very strange (the projectiles stats do not load in the game but others do).
    You do not believe me? Trust my experience.
    I hope that is helpful for you Crux so maybe you find a way to fix the tool to work right.

Seyal
    Yes it is a shame. CA completely ignores mods 2 years now and it is a fact that most modders are gradually get discouraged and stop modding their new games. If this is what they want, then OK, we must all get their message.

Specifically, after the packing procedure, the mod script is loaded, for example I can see increased sizes but it does not load the projectiles file (I know that because the ranges remain vanilla) and other elements of the mod, statistics etc.. To correct the problem I must delete the preferences, load vanilla, and then load the mod. Quite strange, I have never witnessed this kind of problem so it has to do with the current version of Symphony (does it alter preferences?).
    I sincerely doubt this is anything to do with Symphony. All Symphony does is write two files, usually in a mod-type packfile. It's more likely to be related to the loose files you seem to have in your Shogun 2 installation. Did you rename your loose data/db folder back after running Symphony? I believe Empire and/or Napoleon will load loose files in preference to packed files and this behaviour may well be the same in Shogun 2 (although I haven't tested it). In any case, please upload your sounds.pack and I'll take a look, just in case there is anything odd about it.

It didn't work for me
    Likewise, please upload your packed sounds and the mods you are using so I can take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by crux3D View Post
    I sincerely doubt this is anything to do with Symphony. All Symphony does is write two files, usually in a mod-type packfile. It's more likely to be related to the loose files you seem to have in your Shogun 2 installation. Did you rename your loose data/db folder back after running Symphony? I believe Empire and/or Napoleon will load loose files in preference to packed files and this behaviour may well be the same in Shogun 2 (although I haven't tested it). In any case, please upload your sounds.pack and I'll take a look, just in case there is anything odd about it.

Likewise, please upload your packed sounds and the mods you are using so I can take a look.
    Sure thing.

Uploaded the parts of Radious' mod I'm using, my units mod (don't understand why it's so big for adding 4 units...), and my packed sounds.

For Crux.7z

This includes the new packed sounds I made with your tool and the core DarthMod pack which has the unit_tables.
    I hope this helps.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Hi crux3D,

I too have had no joy thus far testing Symphony to solve the sound mismatch bug. Using the latest version of Symphony (CRC32 64F5BF2B) on my non-FotS installation (includes RotS only, fully updated and Steam verified, etc).

Here are the steps I've taken:

1. Cleared out all mods and observed correct unit sounds in custom battle setup (original S2 units)
    2. Created a test mod by extracting units_table from patch21 and re-packing it unmodified (simplest case)
    3. Observed that my test mod causes the bug: matchlock ashigaru sound like fire rockets (new one, eh?)
    4. Extracted against vanilla with Symphony after removing my test mod
    5. Observed Symphony's output statements and confirmed the content in the extraction directory. Lots of unknowns generated.
    6. Confirmed Symphony loaded correct data files prior to extraction: units from patch21, sound_events from patch20 and sound_bank_database from patch16 (seems ok, if that's all it's supposed to reference, but looks insufficient vs your sample output for Empire and suspect given all the 'unknown' outputs)
    7. At this point, I'm highly skeptical I'm going to get correct results, however, moving along with the procedure...
    8. Moved my test mod back and packed with Symphony
    9. Observed Symphony referenced the units table from my test mod
    10. Confirmed Symphony's output pack was valid by opening with PFM
    11. Trying all possible pack formats (patch, mod and movie) loaded Symphony's fixed sound pack alongside my test mod (tried mod and movie format). Proper loading, but no change.
    12. Combined Symphony's output pack with my test mod and loaded in mod and movie formats. Proper loading, but no change.
    13. Removed everything and observed correct unit sounds

So, while Symphony throws no errors, the unknowns generated seem like a big issue and I get the same sound mismatch as using my test mod by itself.

I'll have to compare this to the results from running against a full FotS installation when I get the chance, but something seems wonky with the extraction in this case. Or, are the unknowns ok and my corrected pack simply not loading properly? What do you think?

Below are my Symphony output screens. I can attach my files and extraction directory if you want them. In any case, thanks very much for your tool and efforts at solving this

Extract
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data>symphony extract "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\com
    mon\total war shogun 2" "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)"
    Detected "shogun2.exe"
    Loaded "sounds_packed/sound_events" from "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\patch20.pack"
    Loaded "units" from "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\patch21.pack"
    Loaded "sounds_packed/sound_bank_database" from "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\patch16.pack"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_1.txt"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_categories.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_2.txt"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_4.txt"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_5.txt"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_events.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_japan_season_spring.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_japan_season_summer.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_japan_season_autumn.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_japan_season_winter.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_japan_season_spring.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_japan_season_summer.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_japan_season_autumn.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_japan_season_winter.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_japan_season_spring.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_japan_season_summer.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_japan_season_autumn.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_japan_season_winter.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_tut_season_spring.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_tut_season_summer.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_tut_season_autumn.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_tut_season_winter.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_tut_season_spring.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_tut_season_summer.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_tut_season_autumn.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_tut_season_winter.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_tut_season_spring.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_tut_season_summer.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_tut_season_autumn.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_tut_season_winter.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\ambience.txt"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_3.txt"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\movie_volumes.csv"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_6.txt"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_settings.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown1.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_projectile_fire.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown3.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown4.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown5.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown6.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown7.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown8.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown9.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown10.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown11.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown12.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown13.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown14.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown15.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown16.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown17.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown18.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown19.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown20.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown21.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown22.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown23.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown24.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown25.xml"
    Wrote "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_7.txt"
    Done.

H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data>

Pack
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data>symphony pack "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
    \total war shogun 2" "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)" fixed_sounds.pack
    Detected "shogun2.exe"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_1.txt"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_categories.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_2.txt"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_4.txt"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_5.txt"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_events.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_japan_season_spring.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_japan_season_summer.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_japan_season_autumn.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_japan_season_winter.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_japan_season_spring.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_japan_season_summer.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_japan_season_autumn.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_japan_season_winter.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_japan_season_spring.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_japan_season_summer.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_japan_season_autumn.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_japan_season_winter.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_tut_season_spring.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_tut_season_summer.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_tut_season_autumn.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sho_tut_season_winter.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_tut_season_spring.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_tut_season_summer.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_tut_season_autumn.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\gem_tut_season_winter.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_tut_season_spring.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_tut_season_summer.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_tut_season_autumn.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\bos_tut_season_winter.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\ambience.txt"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_3.txt"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\movie_volumes.csv"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_6.txt"
    Loaded "units" from "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\___unmodified units.pack"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_settings.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown1.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_projectile_fire.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown3.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown4.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown5.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown6.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown7.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown8.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown9.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown10.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown11.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown12.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown13.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown14.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown15.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown16.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown17.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown18.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown19.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown20.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown21.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown22.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown23.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown24.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\sound_bank_unknown25.xml"
    Loaded "H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data\Extracted Sounds (vanilla)\unknown_7.txt"
    Wrote "fixed_sounds.pack"
    Done.

H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data>
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; May 29, 2012 at 06:51 AM.

Sure thing.

Uploaded the parts of Radious' mod I'm using, my units mod (don't understand why it's so big for adding 4 units...), and my packed sounds.
    It looks like there is a bug in the way I'm handling completely replaced unit tables. I was able to reproduce your issue easily - it is indeed the Ikko Ikki Bow Ashigaru that demonstrate it (other units may do as well). If you simply rename your units table from Seyal_Shoujo_Bushi.pack to something else (i.e. db/units_tables/units to db/units_tables/units_seyal) then Symphony seems to work. I'm not sure I've ever tested a complete units table replacement before. I think I've only tested self-generated table additions and Radious unit mods, neither of which replace the db/units_tables/units file, they just add additional db files in the db/units_tables directory. I'll look into this as soon as I have the time but for now I suggest using table additions rather than replacing db/units_tables/units (I realise this isn't ideal since it doesn't allow you to remove units).
    For Crux.7z

This includes the new packed sounds I made with your tool and the core DarthMod pack which has the unit_tables.
    I hope this helps.
    I've not been able to reproduce your reported issue Darth. When I load without your mod Date Bow Ashigaru have 50% more range than Date Matchlock Ashigaru. When I enable your mod both have the same range. If you'll permit me to speculate, I'll guess that your user.script.txt file is not saved as Unicode and so is not read correctly by Shogun 2. This would mean that the game was always loading loose data until you renamed the db folder, at which point it was no longer loading replacement db files at all. I suspect you then re-exported the loose db files or re-named the db folder back at the same time as you deleted your preferences script and disabled the Symphony created pack, at which point everything worked again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    So, while Symphony throws no errors, the unknowns generated seem like a big issue and I get the same sound mismatch as using my test mod by itself.

I'll have to compare this to the results from running against a full FotS installation when I get the chance, but something seems wonky with the extraction in this case. Or, are the unknowns ok and my corrected pack simply not loading properly? What do you think?

Below are my Symphony output screens. I can attach my files and extraction directory if you want them. In any case, thanks very much for your tool and efforts at solving this
    Your steps taken look absolutely perfect. The unknowns and reduced output relative to Empire/Napoleon are entirely to be expected. CA shipped unpacked sound files with Empire and Napoleon which made it much easier to reverse engineer the file format. Unfortunately they haven't done the same for Shogun 2 so I've only gotten around to partially handling one sound bank thus far and everything else remains unknown. I guess you're running into the same problem as Seyal since you're replacing db/units_tables/units. Could you try a table addition instead and see if Symphony works for that?

Patrician Artifex

Removing units can be dangerous anyway, as to avoid crashes one would need to remove it from everywhere.
    I think it safer to keep the unit to removed in the unit table, but then in unit_to_exclusive_faction, make it unavailable to every faction allowed to have it in the first place.
    That's what I did in MOE, I have a "unit removal" table, which is actually a renamed uni_to_exclusive_faction where the units are set to false.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast