Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: EditSF 1.0.8 - Added Bookmarks feature

Default Re: EditSF 1.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-dweller View Post
    When will we be able to clone?
    Funny you would ask that now, I just got around to working on that again and made better progress than I had hoped.

Version 1.0.6, 27.07.2012
    - "Copy" Record entry node added
    - "Delete" Record entry node added
    - Tuple/Coordinate editing ((X,Y) and (X,Y,Z)) fixed
    - string editing in ABCD/ABCE ESF files fixed

Everyone try it out please, can't find any problems with it anymore.
    If there are no bug reports on it over the week, I'll integrate the updates into PFM too.

EDIT:
    Oh, a short howto might be called for.
    In the tree, right-click the Record block entry node (the ones which are called "XXXXX - <num>"; this opens a context-menu.
    Select "Delete" to remove the selected entry, "Duplicate" to copy it.
    The copy will be placed underneath the copied one and marked red.

The context menu will only be available for record block entries.
    Last edited by daniu; July 26, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Laetus

Default Re: EditSF 1.0.6 - Added Copy/Delete of Record Block Entries

First of all, I'd like to thank you for a great tool for improving my gaming experience.
    Second, I found out when playing around with construction time for buildings, that you can use a constructed building to gain money. Simply by changing the number that correspond to the construction cost, increase the value, load the game, and cancel the building.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME
    COMPRESSED_DATA
    CAMPAIGN_ENV
    CAMPAIGN_MODEL
    WORLD
    REGION_MANAGER
    -Your region, you'll have to check through them to find the one corresponding to your region name- (For instance, Saga got Nagasaki, which is "REGIONS_ARRAY - 45")
    REGION
    REGION_SLOT_MANAGER
    -The building that you've began construction of, REGION_SLOT_ARRAY (0 - 10), you should be able to figure out which belongs to what)
    REGION_SLOT
    BUILDING_MANAGER
    BUILDING_CONSTRUCTION_ITEM (Here you can find information such as the construction time, and construction cost).

Fire-dweller's Avatar Civis

Cloning works for buildings, but the changes cause crashes during loading.
    Nothing is an absolute reality, everything is permitted. La shay' haqiqah, koulo shay' moumkin.

Wow... thank you so much for figuring out how to add the cloning feature. Great job!!!!

I cloned effect bundle and tried to load and it crashed as well. Just wanted to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-dweller View Post
    Cloning works for buildings, but the changes cause crashes during loading.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcraven33 View Post
    I cloned effect bundle and tried to load and it crashed as well. Just wanted to let you know.
    But you can still open the saved file with EditSF, can't you? It's the game that crashes? Because then it's not the data itself that got corrupted.
    You'll probably have to clone other entries somewhere else as well; the tool only clones the single element you select, not any related ones. The ESFs seem to have lots of those separate entries that belong together; like the PLAYER_ARRAYs/FACTION_ARRAYs/CAI_WORLD_FACTIONs. Sadly, I don't really have any knowledge on how those all come together, so I can't help you with it.

I suggest if you find this kind of relations, open a tutorial thread to collect the information so others can use it too.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Hmmmmm. I will play around with it and look at some threads to see if I can figure something out. If I am cloning P_research to increase teching speed then maybe I have to clone what gave me the p_research as well? I will post anything I can figure out (which probably won;t be much as I am not very knowledgeable in these kinds of things).

try to unlock all the technology didnt list any in the esf editor 1.06

Why are the values inside CHARACTER ARRAY # -> CHARACTER -> CHARACTER_DETAILS -> System.Byte[] in rows 5 and 6 uneditable? While experimenting with retainer slots for my metsuke, I found out that row 5 changed when I set retainers and row 6 changed when the metsuke obtains or uses an empty retainer slot.

I found out that in row 5, values 0, 4, 8 and 12 are associated with 0, 1, 2 and 3 retainers set respectively while in row 6, values 0, 8, 16 and 24 corresponds with 0, 1, 2 and 3 free retainer slots available for selection respectively. However, while I am able to see the correlation (editing the metsuke's XP and ending turns while overseeing a town allows for fast and simple levelling), I cannot edit the field in ESF.

It's very annoying - is there a reason for this?

Quote Originally Posted by pTowel View Post
    Why are the values inside CHARACTER ARRAY # -> CHARACTER -> CHARACTER_DETAILS -> System.Byte[] in rows 5 and 6 uneditable? []
    It's very annoying - is there a reason for this?
    None of the array types is editable.
    I thought about making it possible, but no one ever asked for it yet so I didn't see the point to put in the time.
    Another reason is that arrays can be really big and it really slows down the tool to display hundreds of values in the table on the right... plus it takes up a lot of space. So I'd need to implement another button "make visible" and/or "edit" which would open another window to do it.

Maybe I'll get around to it eventually, but for now I'll be spending my time on supporting the official tools.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Hm... if I'm understanding you correctly, nothing inside CHARACTER ARRAY should be editable? But I'm able to edit stuff like XP, levels, date born and skill points. It's only those two System.Byte[] fields under CHARACTER DETAILS that can't be edited for some reason:

http://i.imgur.com/J2R3z.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pTowel View Post
    Hm... if I'm understanding you correctly, nothing inside CHARACTER ARRAY should be editable? But I'm able to edit stuff like XP, levels, date born and skill points. It's only those two System.Byte[] fields under CHARACTER DETAILS that can't be edited for some reason:
    The other values (XP, level, birth data etc) are "simple" data types, integers, all of those are editable (also strings, floats, coordinates and suchlike).
    The byte[] are array types; those contain several simple data items; none of the arrays are editable.
    To display them would need a display like "09 13 24 6a" (just a random example), and may consist of hundreds of the "XX" fields. It's not impossible to make them editable, but it takes effort for me to do that.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

can this be used to mod etw?

Quote Originally Posted by penquin11 View Post
    can this be used to mod etw?
    Yes.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I have a problem with the EditSF, i am trying to play with crimean khanate, its absolute monarchy government and i dont seem to be able to incite a revolution and change the gov type ingame so i tried to change the gov type through out the ESF, where i found the problem

i am supposed to change the description from gov_absolute_monarchy to gov_republic and then delete the GOV_IMP 0 file and replace it with a file from another republic faction. but there is no "Paste" node in the editor so i can complete this, and duplicate node just duplicate and not copy-to-be-pasted option.

i know i am missing something so i need some help please

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Yes.
    Holy I nearly cried tears of joy upon reading this! You sir are now my favorite internets person!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    i am supposed to change the description from gov_absolute_monarchy to gov_republic and then delete the GOV_IMP 0 file and replace it with a file from another republic faction. but there is no "Paste" node in the editor so i can complete this, and duplicate node just duplicate and not copy-to-be-pasted option
    Yes, I didn't implement real copy/paste because that would be really dangerous for data integrity, because if you pasted a copied node anywhere else that would make not only the game crash, but also EditSF so you couldn't even repair it.

I did upload a new version, 1.0.7, which includes "Move Node" feature; you can use this to do what you need: duplicate the node, then move the duplicate to where you need it to be (index 0).
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: EditSF 1.0.7 - Added Move of Record Block Entries

I'm trying to edit using the FOS S2TW money editSF with any version, but still failed to save. I am using 64 bit win7, what is my mistake???

Quote Originally Posted by azellyaxs View Post
    I'm trying to edit using the FOS S2TW money editSF with any version, but still failed to save. I am using 64 bit win7, what is my mistake???
    No idea since you don't say what you do... I'm using 64 bit win7 too, should work fine.
    What do you mean "fails to save"?
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I have done is change the amount of money
    exsample:
    Campaign_save_Game, compressed_data, Campaign_env, Campaign_model, world, faction_array, faction, faction_economics
    of money 4000 replaced 5000 and then save as or save. However, recently opened files no change, money still 4000

my S2TW FoTs versi 1.1.0 build 5346.324823