Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: EditSF 1.0.8 - Added Bookmarks feature

Default Re: EditSF 1.0.4

hmmm not exactly, i edit, save, edit, save, load game. Game is now reverted to before i edit anything. Not sure if this matters, but when i save the 2nd time, it doesn't take as long for it save. Like after i open the program, edit, and save; it takes a good 20-30 seconds for the program to convert all red text back to black. However, after i edit, save, edit, save; the program doesn't 'freeze" and the red text are still red, but i can exit the program without a "exit without saving" box and when i load the save file, it is reverted back to the original save file without any modification from the 1st edit and the 2nd edit.

Default Re: EditSF 1.0.4

This is a truly exemplary bug report.
    Quote Originally Posted by veliem View Post
    hmmm not exactly, i edit, save, edit, save, load game. Game is now reverted to before i edit anything.
    Exact steps how to reproduce the problem along with an exact description what the problem actually is.

Not sure if this matters, but when i save the 2nd time, it doesn't take as long for it save.
    Additional information provided although not sure it's important. Yes it was, with this I knew what the problem was before I even looked at the code; this of course speeds things up and makes my life much easier.

Uploaded 1.0.5, with the save twice bug fixed.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: EditSF 1.0.5

I have another problem. I extract the boshin startpos from patch_fots2.pack, I modify it using EditSF 1.0.5, and then put it back into the pack using PFM 2.1.3 and the game loads fine and all but the changes I make do not get read. It's as if the game doesn't use the files for the FOTS campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    I have another problem. I extract the boshin startpos from patch_fots2.pack, I modify it using EditSF 1.0.5, and then put it back into the pack using PFM 2.1.3 and the game loads fine and all but the changes I make do not get read. It's as if the game doesn't use the files for the FOTS campaign.
    It seems that with FotS, several of the edits that were known to do certain things now require additional adjustments somewhere else in the file.
    As long as you don't find an instance where EditSF saves your edited data wrong, it's not exactly topical here because this thread is for the tool itself. Since it's really beyond my expertise anyway, and you'll be better off asking in the threads where what you're trying to achieve is being discussed.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Crazyeyesreaper's Avatar Primicerius
    Citizen

i can confirm edit bug with save files,

start new games turn one i save, alt tab out open save edit save to give my faction gold, save out the new save file, go back to game load new save, changes work, move in to turn 10+ save load that save via EditSF and no change will apply for money or skills etc none work.

first time looks to always function properly subsequent tries dont seem to work
    CPU: i7 3770K 4.6GHz / i7 4930K 4.4 GHz / i7 4770K 4.6 GHz
    CPU HSF: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro / Review Samples / Review Samples
    MOBO: Biostar TZ77XE4 / ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Champion / MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
    RAM: Mushkin Redlines 2x4GB 1866 MHz / 4x4GB Gskill 2133 MHz / 2x4GB Kingston 2400 MHz
    GPU: Integrated / GTX 780 / HD 5450 Passive
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050w 80+ GOLD / NZXT Hale82 650w Modular / same
    CASE: Nanoxia DS1 / Nanoxia DS1 / Lian Li Test Bench
    HDD: 160 HDD / 512GB SSD + 120GB SSD + 5.5TB HDD / 60gb SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyeyesreaper View Post
    start new games turn one i save, alt tab out open save edit save to give my faction gold, save out the new save file, go back to game load new save, changes work
    Sounds like it does work...

move in to turn 10+ save load that save via EditSF and no change will apply for money or skills etc none work.
    You're saying you open the save with EditSF, edit the money, save, load it with EditSf again, and the change is gone?
    Because if you're loading it with the game and it doesn't give you increased money, that is due to the game not accepting the change anymore if you can still see the change in EditSF after quitting and reloading the edited file.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

So with this new tool, I can change the startpos, right? I want to change the treasury for the clans, that's more or less it.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Scrap what I said earlier, I can't change the treasury at all. I load, edit, save, then check to see if it saved, nothing. Same old.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Am I right in finding this cannot copy and paste esf nodes?

Also found a big, when trying edit some triple floats (in this case camera manager) the esf editor locks up and can't exit the cell.
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; June 01, 2012 at 02:41 PM.

First, thanks for that tool.

Next, yes, Clone or Copy/Past functions would be usefull as to multiple manipulations otherwise requiering manual edit of files.

I just was going to comment I cannot clone. Now I see it is not a feature of this version. How would i go about cloning something like p_research without this option or is it not possible now without very good modding skills? Thanks in advance

daniu, thanks for updating this tool!!! Greatly appreciated. The only thing i miss is the ability to clone nodes, but I am happy with a stable tool that doesn't corrupt my saves. cheers

I've already tried to include a clone feature, but I've run into problems I wasn't expecting and haven't had the time to debug it yet...
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Thanks for the great tool Daniu. I understand the bugs with cloning and appreciate you trying. Is there a way to manually enter additional lines as i would gladly do it that way?

Quote Originally Posted by jcraven33 View Post
    Is there a way to manually enter additional lines as i would gladly do it that way?
    You should be able to use taw's ESF<->XML converter to extract esf to xml, then add a new section.
    Haven't used it myself though.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I will give it a try. Thanks

Warning , Malware Spotted!!!!!

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Belakor View Post
    Warning , Malware Spotted!!!!!
    Only if your antivirus is paranoid...

No no, I had to slow down after installation and various bug, I installed a special program has detected a virus on the tmp file and deleted it ...

Changing the length of a string in ABCD/ABCE esfs causes problems (the offset only gets updated for the nodes that directly contain the string, not for siblings further in the file, making the file unusable)