Thread: Not getting a French mission offer

Default Not getting a French mission offer

With all the patches coming out for DMS I've started many new campaigns it the last couple weeks, and played each to at least 50 turns. I played 3 to over 100 turns, but have yet to get a French military mission offer in any of them. I usually go for trade ports very quickly, as I like the income boost and the foreign units are boss. I will get UK and US offers within a few turns of researching the prerequisite tech. Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I just having really bad luck with the random number gen?

Default Re: Not getting a French mission offer

IIRC you can only get one set of either France/USA or GB/USA depending on your allegiance. If you're getting GB and USA... you might not be able to get France.

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Iceciro View Post
    IIRC you can only get one set of either France/USA or GB/USA depending on your allegiance. If you're getting GB and USA... you might not be able to get France.
    That's correct afaik, there was even a discussion in the general board.
    Shogunate > France/US
    Imperial > GB/US

Can confirm, that Shogunate (Jozai) is getting a French port - got it right after the research was finished, but skipped it, cause I wanna test the Roanoke.
    In my Satsuma campaign I had like 3times US 'til the GB message.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Quote Originally Posted by valky View Post
    That's correct afaik, there was even a discussion in the general board.
    Shogunate > France/US
    Imperial > GB/US

Can confirm, that Shogunate (Jozai) is getting a French port - got it right after the research was finished, but skipped it, cause I wanna test the Roanoke.
    In my Satsuma campaign I had like 3times US 'til the GB message.
    THAT'S Why I haven't gotten a single french offer I have gotten so many GB and USA that it's retarded lol. Well thanks for the info I guess my next campaign will be a Shogunate clan.. Anyone got any suggestions on a good clan? I like the Jozai's bonus (replenish in enemy territory).. But any others that might be good?

Quote Originally Posted by Thranton View Post
    THAT'S Why I haven't gotten a single french offer I have gotten so many GB and USA that it's retarded lol. Well thanks for the info I guess my next campaign will be a Shogunate clan.. Anyone got any suggestions on a good clan? I like the Jozai's bonus (replenish in enemy territory).. But any others that might be good?
    They all have nice bonusses (Although Aizu bonusses are largely useless later on when you get shogunate inf and modernize your army, unless you try a no-modern challenge) but jozai is probably the easiest.

Alternatively you could probably play as an imperial clan (such as tosa, which should be easy since you can capture their island and be relatively safe quite fast) and switch allegiance to the shogunate.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

I've been trying a serious Shogunate campaign for the first time now and i would have to say the Nagaoka have the best perks of all the Shogunate clans, atleast if you mean to field modern armies. Thay have hefty bonuses (10%) to the income of bussiness buildings like markets, brickworks and clay kilns, a really hefty bonus to reload rates (15%) of troops and a big discount (15%) on any modern units. I have not really looked at any of the other Shogunate clans yet, since i'm a real modernist. I hope that hlped you a bit.

By the way, i was wondering; is it possible to set up trade with multiple western factions? Because, up until now, i have always only gotten an offer from 1 faction during the course of my campaigns even though there would potentially be 2 factions for iether side to get an offer from.
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

You can trade with all three powers, however, you can only have one military mission whereby you get access to marines and ironclads. Even if you capture another faction's foreign trade district, their units will be grayed out.

Which is a shame. I'd totally love to have access to multiple classes of ironclad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elitewolf View Post
    They all have nice bonusses (Although Aizu bonusses are largely useless later on when you get shogunate inf and modernize your army, unless you try a no-modern challenge) but jozai is probably the easiest.
    Basically this!

Jozai is easier to start with and you won't be gettin' raped from 3-4 clans right off the bat at the beginning, like Nagaoka. The replenishment boost is pretty decent and of course m0ar damage for sabotage ^^. Have yet to test a fully upgraded Yugekitai, if they are worth it - just got a couple of them finished + smith + veteran + trained ~98 accuracy...

IMO, the best bonus is still for Nagaoka...all of them! With the garrison changes it should be even possible to hold off the first wave from each neighbour - at least in an older DMS on VH it was nearly impossible.... (and only samurai units at the beginning = killing machines)

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Does anyone know which offers a Republic gets?

Basically this!

Jozai is easier to start with and you won't be gettin' raped from 3-4 clans right off the bat at the beginning, like Nagaoka. The replenishment boost is pretty decent and of course m0ar damage for sabotage ^^. Have yet to test a fully upgraded Yugekitai, if they are worth it - just got a couple of them finished + smith + veteran + trained ~98 accuracy...

IMO, the best bonus is still for Nagaoka...all of them! With the garrison changes it should be even possible to hold off the first wave from each neighbour - at least in an older DMS on VH it was nearly impossible.... (and only samurai units at the beginning = killing machines)
    Yugekitai aren't worth it. I kept two of them around as a joke unit in my elite army. They managed to get about 100 kills per battle. However, this was in vanilla. I did have mass_firing enabled, so all of them shot. I prefer Gatlings or cannons, those have more use. Then again, maybe I'm just using them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Elitewolf View Post
    Yugekitai aren't worth it. I kept two of them around as a joke unit in my elite army. They managed to get about 100 kills per battle. However, this was in vanilla. I did have mass_firing enabled, so all of them shot. I prefer Gatlings or cannons, those have more use. Then again, maybe I'm just using them wrong
    You were so right Those guys are completely useless (=garbage), dunno either their reload is too slow for a more or less late-game unit, or dispersion too high but with ~100 accuracy it's a joke.
    The only 'real' use is while attacking (and the AI does not move ^^), stick them to some flank of the enemy and watch them getting at least some kills.
    Will stick to carbine cavalry instead, they ROCK and are a nice counter for enemies' cav...and serve other purpose too.

You were so right Those guys are completely useless (=garbage), dunno either their reload is too slow for a more or less late-game unit, or dispersion too high but with ~100 accuracy it's a joke.
    The only 'real' use is while attacking (and the AI does not move ^^), stick them to some flank of the enemy and watch them getting at least some kills.
    Will stick to carbine cavalry instead, they ROCK and are a nice counter for enemies' cav...and serve other purpose too.
    The only use I have found for them is to stick them to the far sides of my main line, and let them move up and start firing while hidden from long range while the two armies are firing at each other. They are a bit useful for sieges as well, but they just don't get enough kills because of the walls.

Oh, and try revolver cav for countercav. They have very little ammo and short range, but their damage output is INSANE (in vanilla, still have to try them in DM) They dualwield and have a very high rate of fire.

aiyaka's Avatar Libertus

i like that yugekitai are kisho so you can just have them sit on the flanks in the middle of the field and just pick a few off before the main battle starts (then when it does start you can move em up and hit the enemy from behind possibly). i generally dont use em tho but thats what i do when i have them.

you could just change governement to shogunate till you get a french mission and then the turn afterward callously send your daimyo in a patrol boat to do something heroic for the greater good of the clan and swap governement back the next turn...

i did that with satsuma to get the l'océan ironclads and kept the shogunate 'heresy' short enough to keep my imperial allies