Thread: NO BANNERS OR BORDERS{extreme fog of war} RM:K 3.1

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default NO BANNERS OR BORDERS{extreme fog of war} RM:K 3.1

Greetings , heres the first of my submods for the splendid RM:K 3.1 .
    This little mod creates intense immersion on the strat map , no longer will the player be able to see the strength of ai stacks or strongholds or citys .
    The player must now spy his way through the ever changing medieval world , border lines are blurry and uncertain
    this sub mod adds challenge and more realism to the strat map world , enjoy
    ........INSTAL......
    1.UNZIP THE FILE TO SOMEWHERE ON YOUR COMPUTER {LIKE DESKTOP OR MY DOCUMENTS OR SOMEWHERE THAT SUITS}....
    2.GO INTO THE UNZIPPED FOLDER AND COPY THE 2 FOLDERS {data,romemedievalmod} TO YOUR MAIN RTW DIRECTORY .....
    3.YOU WILL GET A 'CLICK YES TO ALL' MESSAGE......CLICK YES TO ALL....
    4.RELAUNCH GAME AND KICK SOME ASS.....
    5.BE PREPARED TO BE SURPRISE IF YOU DO NOT DO YOUR SPYING PROPERLY AND KEEP A WATCHFULL EYE ON THOSE AROUND YOU AT ALL TIMES........
    ANY PROBLEMS LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SORT THEM ...
    {if you want to revert back at any point you should make backups of the folders involved in the sub mod ...G}
    DOWNLOAD LINKS......
    GAMEFRONT LINK...... http://www.gamefront.com/files/21520...NGDOMS+3.1.zip...............
    MEDIAFIRE LINK......http://www.mediafire.com/file/758dtv...NGDOMS_3.1.zip
    Last edited by GRANTO; April 13, 2012 at 04:38 AM.

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Default Re: NO BANNERS OR BORDERS{extreme fog of war} RM:K 3.1

Nicely done granto , added to mini-mods.

The only thing I don't like about fog of war, is that the diplomates can't evern find the road. You have to have a spy with them or they constantly walk into mountains.

hi rick , it makes sense to me that a diplomat could get lost in the mountains {im sure manys a historical event could have been prevented if a diplomat had got there in time} this mod is designed to take away the luxuries that the player used to have, its designed to be hard , everytime you play as a diplomat you have to move slow and use your own memory to remember the way , this would have been the way of a diplomat , my aim here is to immerse the player more into the characters and for the player to have to think like a medieval king {or diplomat} and slow the game down like a chess game where you have to make big decisions {sometimes without knowing all the information} it makes the player start to play with his INSTINCTS AND SENSES, INSTEAD OF HIS EYES{like a medieval king } in the past the players of rtw engine have had too much information at their disposal, those days are gone thanks for your feedback rick, if you wish to revert back i will help you do so

I actually have not applied it yet, but I'm going to. I guess this makes for more ambushes. Very interesting.

it makes the player become a real sneak ...............and get sneaked upon.

This is great! Makes it feel much more feudal now, with flexible borders, almost autonomous cities (without the flags). I'm done exams now so I will give a serious campaign a spin.

Thanks RM team, and thank you GRANTO!!

EDIT: 14 turns in as the HRE and I'm getting my ass handed to me by the French!
    Last edited by atheniandp; April 23, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    This is great! Makes it feel much more feudal now, with flexible borders, almost autonomous cities (without the flags). I'm done exams now so I will give a serious campaign a spin.

Thanks RM team, and thank you GRANTO!!

EDIT: 14 turns in as the HRE and I'm getting my ass handed to me by the French!
    i got my ass handed to me as well for 2 campaigns then i got a feel for it

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

This one looks great, I'll give it a bash over the weekend ... does it also mean that the nationalities of settlements/armies/ships will be unknown until spied on..? :-)

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

Just played a few turns with this, it certainly adds a new dimension to the game : )

You can still double click on enemy forces/settlements to see how many units there are, so it calls for some self-regulation, but I can see it making the game a lot more fun.

I did notice that it seems also to have removed all the masts and sails from my ships ... is that normal, or just me?

im working on a new version of it , the ship flags have been removed but i will put them back in the next version, in the roma surrectum 2 version of this mod you only see the city walls and mabey the port the rest will be question marks and if you doubleclick on units you only get question marks or the odd unit that has been spotted so im trying to work out the difference to get that effect all the time and remove the ? marks completely ,the pics below are from rs2 an unspyed on city and a unspyed on small army not far from my general so as you can see this is how its meant to be cheers for the feedback, and i will have a look at it , it seems to not be working to its full capacity on rmk 3.1
    Last edited by GRANTO; April 26, 2012 at 03:37 PM.