Thread: Tokugawa legendary mode, how to survive first rounds against Oda??

Default Tokugawa legendary mode, how to survive first rounds against Oda??

Hi all.

Playing Tokugawa on legendary mode, has anyone made it past the first battle against Oda when they attack turn three I think it is? I always find myself outnumbered and then slaughtered. Could be I suck at this game, but now I really start to worry, cause it seems impossible for me to win

So what do you people think ?
    Last edited by squirel; April 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

Default Re: Tokugawa - legendary mode, I sux and need HELP

Anyone? No?

Default Re: Tokugawa legendary mode, how to survive first rounds against Oda??

I don't know how the crapping hell you're supposed to be able to win but somehow I managed it. The bow cavalry ripped through my archers on the walls, unbelievably fast I should add. I somehow won but I could never tell you how :S
    I basically recruited 3 archers in the first turn and 3 yari in the second, then I got attacked T_T
    Here is the result:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by storm20200; April 12, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubisoft CEO
    Our clear goal today is to come more regularly with our top brands
    Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3515MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 4GiB Patriot 1480MHz CAS 8 | AMD 1GiB HD6950 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Thanks bro. This was what I wanted to hear. Cause Ive been kind of near, but not made it. So I was starting to wonder if it is possible, since Oda brings slightly higher number as well. Winning seems to be left to "chance". Will also try your recruiting, I usually go for four yaris and two yumis.

There is another way to survive as Tokugawa too, on first turn, I hide in the forest, the next round when Oda comes, I take their province, Owari. But that would leave you with a big Oda rebel stack. To avoid that, declare war first on Imagawa, this way you can take Oda as your vassal. Problem, this will bring you to war with Takeda as well and the trend is basically, none trusts you and your reputation goes down enough for others to declare war on you very early. Early game like that, it will be tough too.

Well, when playing other clans, I usually see Tokugawa survive against Oda, so it is nice to know that you and the AI are smarter than me

Ha, I never would've thought about that! Another way could be to wipe out that initial force that is at your borders, it is 1 daisho, 2 yari ashigaru and 1 bow ashigaru, having rid of those before they invade could be an excellent way of easing the battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubisoft CEO
    Our clear goal today is to come more regularly with our top brands
    Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3515MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 4GiB Patriot 1480MHz CAS 8 | AMD 1GiB HD6950 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro 64-bit