Thread: First Campaign

Default First Campaign

Hello everybody, I'm just starting out on the ROP mod and I was going to ask what is the best faction to start off with in ROP? Most will probably say Parsa but I would like to play as another faction beside Parsa. Also is there any general advice for a new player to ROP?

I would appreciate any tips/answers you could give me

"The Pope?... How many divisions does he have?"
    - Joseph Stalin(attributed)

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: First Campaign

I'll say the Greeks or Egyptians, choose the Greeks if you're not too good with your battles, as they have the strongest infantrymen in game. Choose Egyptians if you're pretty confident with your battle abilities

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Any Greek faction in particular?

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Try Sparta, they are easiest of Greek factions in my opinion. And if you don't like Persia, maybe try Babylon as they are like most easy faction in game.

Think I might go for one of the Egyptian factions but I am tempted by the Babylonians, but I'm worried I might get bored if it's as easy as you say

Yeah, looking at the starting positions I think I will go with Kemet. So what should my strategy be at first? I'm thinking going south to completely crush the Kushite's and then from their I'll expand according to the situation. Anyways, any tips at what I should do/look out for when playing as Kemet?

go south first, but keep a sizeable force as garrison near gaza, once your money start to roll, recruit your hoplites and archers, pack things up, go to Kyrene, and after that, you're literally free to do anything

Following your advice. The Kush have been left with 2 settlements and after a few battles I managed to secure a peace with Babylon so I can concentrate all my efforts on eliminating the Kush. When I say eliminating I mean leaving them destitute with one city and they will be my protectorate, so unless the stubborn RTW AI gives in I may need a force diplomacy mod, is there any floating around for this mod?

I suggest you to just move in and crush the Kushites, as they could build up and attack you later on

Cool, that's done. Now time to march my elite stack up and crush the Babylonians