Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Q&A

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Q&A

i have some questions, i am sorry if someone already has been asked:
    1) Someone (I don't remember who) said that the mod would bee released on Wednesday 28.june 7.00 pm GMT -5... Well, I live in Norway, and here is the GMT +1. What will the time be then here in Norway when the mod is released??
    2) When the mod is released, there will be a link in the thread that says where to go and what to do right??
    This mod is the best, and I can't wait for it to be released!! So, it would be very cind of someone to answer my questions Thanks

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

the thing to do before it comes out is get a clean install of RTW 1.5/BI 1.6.... if you have that you can defrag your comp so it makes it faster.... thats wat i did for the Chivalry and Regestae Releases!!

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

thoscme -

1. In Norway you'll have to wait until 1:00am tomorrow to download. You could stay up late and download it over night, or just do what I'm going to do and download it in the morning.
    2. As far as I'm aware, our internet expert Marcus Traianus is compiling an installer programme. You'll download this, run the .exe file, and it should take care of everything else for you!

Don't forget to have a clean version of BI 1.6 though!

zenith wat time do you think itll come out on the west coast of the U.S.???

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

At a guess, I'd say 6:00pm tonight. But we'll have to see how well Honorius and Marcus get on.

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

then I will off course stay up late and download it tonight!
    I have summer vacation, so I don't really care
    aha, okay, thanks, very nice of you to answer on my questions Zenith Darksea
    off course i have a clean version of 1.6, fixed it yesterday hehe! now, i am playing as the franks. They rule actually
    I most to play as the minoans, or ithaka... I don't really know, I just love those two factions hehe

I am uploading the beta to our server as of now, so Marcvs needs to code the intsaller.

:hmmm:My first time posting but I been playing RTW (and mods) for a long while and done some small modding myself but i noticed something that you should know about since I hope you guys are welcoming feedback. I've tried playing the Argos Faction and for some reason the heavy chariot's grafics are playing wrong, the soldiers doesn't have a chariot to ride on, there's only one soldier and they don't move at all. As you can see there's no "mount" category included in the file and I tried modding it myself and it didn't work (CTD), I also tried modifying the descr_model_battle.text and all I got was a CTD again. Sorry to be nagging, I understand this is only a beta release and isn't probably finished yet. The grafics are wonderful by the way, the bestest detailed files i've ever seen.Keep up the good work guys Thanks for this beautiful mod!

type argos heavy chariot
    dictionary argos_heavy_chariot
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy_1
    soldier argos_heavy_chariot, 40, 0, 1.1
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, frighten_foot
    formation 7, 9, 15, 15, 2, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 13, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 10 ,0.1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, no, no, none, 0 ,1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 17, 12, 6, metal
    stat_sec_armour 15, 18, leather
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 0, -2, -6, 2
    stat_mental 18, impetuous, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 200
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 767, 390, 70, 100, 730
    ownership vandals
    Last edited by apopo1; July 04, 2006 at 03:14 AM.

patch 2.1.0 fixes this problem... get it at the official forums... and like i said post your bugs at those forums.. the dev team doesnt pay attention to these forums as much before...

Quote Originally Posted by flip2121
    patch 2.1.0 fixes this problem... get it at the official forums... and like i said post your bugs at those forums.. the dev team doesnt pay attention to these forums as much before...
    I clicked the link and can't seem to find the patch 2.1.0 for TTW anywhere around. can you post a direct link to it? thank you

It's in his signature, at the bottom. But if you prefer, you can click this one - http://www.forums.troytw.com

Hi TTW team,

I posted a question about where to point TTW 2.0, patch and hotfix on TTW's website and didn't get an
    answer.

Please where should TTW, patch and hotfix be placed, ie. C:/Activision/Rome - Total War/BI or Rome -Total War/Data?

Thank you!

Hellas1-Long Live Ellas!

just put it in C:/Activicion/Rome - Total War..

it should then install correctly.... then run it with the BI.exe

Hey folks,

I installed TTW and patch in my root RTW folder and applied the patch to BI/Data
    and everything came up, but can't play campaign or custom battles.

Any answers?

Thanks,
    Hellas1

hey, sry if its been asked before (way to tierd to read the whole thred), but what game is the mod for? Its located in the 'Major Modifications -RTW' part of the forum (not the BI one) but, in the progress thred, it says 'Troy Total War for RTW-BI 1.6'.

Im guessing its for BI, but i just wanted to make sure....

Edit; Ok, so i am reading some of the posts before i go to bed...and some posts make it look like the game works on RTW and BI, is the rite?

Tnx,
    Dave
    Last edited by felcon; July 24, 2006 at 07:29 PM.

If we say it's for BI 1.6, then you can be pretty sure it's for BI 1.6. It won't work on RTW.

ok, fair enough. but y did flip2121 say "the thing to do before it comes out is get a clean install of RTW 1.5/BI 1.6"?

Thats what confused me last night
    Last edited by felcon; July 25, 2006 at 05:57 AM.

Well yes. By installing BI and upgrading it to 1.6 RTW is automatically upgraded to 1.5. But you need BI itself. RTW 1.5 on its own won't run it.

ok, well tnx.

hi
    im kinda new around here, but the screenshots for this mod look awsome. i know that the beta is out, but when will the full mod be released