Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Q&A

Default Re: Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    No it couldn't, because it's not possible in RTW.
    but it's possible in BI (recruitable generals I mean)... in any case, recruitable heroes were ruled out for v1, that's why I suggested it might be worth trying it for v2

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

But if Achilles is already a family member, he can't be a recruitable general, can he? Phthia can't suddenly have its best general randomly snatched from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    But if Achilles is already a family member, he can't be a recruitable general, can he? Phthia can't suddenly have its best general randomly snatched from it.

I meant after you've conquered the target faction (it still causes a slight paradox, since you'd have to kill Achilles first to conquer his faction and then summon/recruit his ghost and marry it to your daughter - I believe it's doable actually, but it may need some scripting to do some checks, e.g. you have an unmarried daughter, change the name of the recruited general to Achilles if he's recruited in Phthia, fiddle with his stats, don't allow multiple Achilles' to be recruited, etc.)

Right now i have vanilla version cause imsaving for this mod but if i wanted to download SPQR would it be possible to have this too since this is for BI not RTW?

What I meant was that, instead of making Achilles a family member/general, why not just make him a regular unit? Make a new 50 man unit(Super Unit), and name it "Achille's Warriors" and give that unit high attributes suitable for a hero. Make it so that this unit could only be recruited once. A way to do this is, maybe make this unit selectable from the start of the game and cost a lot of time, money, to recruit such as 100 turns/50000 to recruit (or something like this). It could be done for all the heroes in the game. The generals would be someone else on the battlefield, not Achilles. Maybe it's not a good idea, but whatever.

dumb question, but did you guys put in custom music other than that in vanilla. was just playing SPQR and i love their music, from the stuff in the main menu to the famous operas during the battles. makes it feel...epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerman
    Right now i have vanilla version cause imsaving for this mod but if i wanted to download SPQR would it be possible to have this too since this is for BI not RTW?
    BI incorporates some files from the RTW install that may hamper a mod on 1.5 and a mod for 1.6 at the same time. So unless you backed up those files and switch between the 2 mods, you may have problems.

Yeah thanks i just figured that one out haha im so proud of myself.

will TTW work with JSGME because i always use this for mods so i can play others. if you dont no ill tell you when it is released, straight away so everybody knows if you cant and have to reinstall the whole game.

question about heroes - say we are Diomedes and the Argos faction - [and what ever unit diomedes has as his bodyguard unit] when you send a diplomat to bribe another hero [if possible] say achilles, will achilles bodyguards change to the same ones diomedes are or stay his personal bodyguards - so to say if we can bribe any of them......

sorry if this was already asked.....
    Dominius Latronius Dominarus: An Elder HighBorn: Latronii Dominaruses: Gens Latronia, Alea iacta est"

Gaius Marius Julius Caesar

no bribery allowed, as far as I recall...

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    no bribery allowed, as far as I recall...

i recall now in the beginning of this thread that bribery in troy is the same as bi and rome....thats what the fourth or fifth post says per Zhuge_Liang
    Dominius Latronius Dominarus: An Elder HighBorn: Latronii Dominaruses: Gens Latronia, Alea iacta est"

I do not know what we talked about, but you cannot bribe in Troy: Total War unless they are rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by viramur
    will TTW work with JSGME because i always use this for mods so i can play others. if you dont no ill tell you when it is released, straight away so everybody knows if you cant and have to reinstall the whole game.
    I have not bothered with this program, so if you would please register on our offical forums and post your results after beta is released. If the mod needs anything speciality done to be compatible with JSGME, then let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang
    I'll try to answer all of that...

For appius -> Only the dorians and to a much lesser extent the hittites had iron at this time. As a result they are the only factions who will have units with these weapons. Most if not all of the dorians have iron weapons which can be upgraded as usual, only one or two of the hittite soldiers will have iron weapons, and these will have extra armour peircing qualities in comparison to the other hittite units. No other factions will have any iron weapons at any stage of the game.

For Dominus -> Each faction has somewhere between 10-20 units (with the exceptions of lydia and the sea people which are mini factions). Each faction's units will look completely different from every other factions units but similar to units within the same faction as can be seen in the screenshots. There will be diplomats and assasins (with a very low chance of killing a great hero). The same rules that applied to RTW and BI with regards to bribes will apply in our mod.

my fault I was going off of this post Honorius---so this is wrong then...

I know its confusing, but we need a team meeting to discuss some matters, so you may be getting different answers. Bribery is one issue that we have not collectively talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by [HOJ]Honorius
    I know its confusing, but we need a team meeting to discuss some matters, so you may be getting different answers. Bribery is one issue that we have not collectively talked about.
    thanks Honorius - i was just hoping to bribe diomedes and ajax to Achilles family - I know I am being greedy...

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

In theory I see no reason why TTW should not work with JSGME. We don't use .bat files or overcomplicate things in that sort of way, and so you ought to be able to use the programme. I must say, I use it extensively myself, and I find it extremely useful.

As for making the heroes a recruitable unit instead of family members, there is only one answer - no.

Quote Originally Posted by [HOJ]Honorius
    I have not bothered with this program, so if you would please register on our offical forums and post your results after beta is released. If the mod needs anything speciality done to be compatible with JSGME, then let me know.
    ok i will do, think im registered on troy forums ill check lol. cant remember