Thread: A better plugin for locking chests/doors/switches? Pretty please?

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Default A better plugin for locking chests/doors/switches? Pretty please?

When I first read that little line coming up in the chat that told me to place a sign to protect a chest, I went .
    And comparing it to the plugin they used for this on the server I played on before joining MCC-PvP makes me .

Having to place a sign to lock a chest/door/whatever strikes me as rather impractical and inflexible. My previous server used a plugin called Lightweight Chest Protection (LWC), which is infinitely more useful.

Instead of having to use signs, you use commands with this one. For example, you can type /cprivate and then click on the block to protect any kind of door, a chest, a furnace, a switch of whichever kind. Even better, and here comes the flexibility part, you can assign passwords to all those. This would be especially useful for those factions that have a tight hierarchy with restrictions on where a member of a certain rank may go.
    The /cprivate command also allows making access available to select players by adding their names after the command. By using the /cpublic command you can also protect a chest from being locked by someone else, so it also stays public when you don't look.

Configuration is also flexible. You can configure the plugin to auto-lock select lockable blocks, you can select what can be locked and what can't...

I'd actually be surprised if the server administration doesn't know about this plugin already, so I presume there's a reason for not using it instead of this awkward sign thingie. But I can't for the life of me figure out what reason that might be. Please enlighten me.
    Gibsonian, not Orwellian.

"Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Default Re: A better plugin for locking chests/doors/switches? Pretty please?

I don't think that sign thing even works - chests aren't supposed to be lockable I believe.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Your not, locking chests outside of the safezone isn't allowed (as if factions did it they would become invincible, this is supposed to be a faction orientated server). You just have to hide them.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

What does actually happen to locked chests and doors when you remove the blocks holding them?
    Gibsonian, not Orwellian.

"Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Plugin replaces them.

Remlap's Avatar Lag Slayer

Only moderators and admins can use the plugin, we just can't turn off that message globally. It's sole purpose is for hotel's and apartments.

Ok. So the sign "private" doesn't work... But if I want to open a kind of shop in my settlement (not protected already), is it possible? Is it possible only in claimed areas? How does all this thing works?

Quote Originally Posted by Hehai View Post
    Ok. So the sign "private" doesn't work... But if I want to open a kind of shop in my settlement (not protected already), is it possible? Is it possible only in claimed areas? How does all this thing works?
    Ok I think I get it. It's oly possible in the Safe zone?
    Or is it possible also in the factions settlement?

It's only for the safe-zone.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar Aetī Avēas!
    Civitate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Although not for PvP, this plugin might be useful on the collaborative server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix
    Well then Attila just got delicious.
    Under the Patronage of Pikestance