Thread: Which Voice Actor ....

Default Which Voice Actor ....

Which actor does the American advice in Battle ?

I want to execute him with the PFM . "Lilly-livered coward" just doesn't suit Japan in any era.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Which Voice Actor ....

Look in local_en.pack

They're inside advisor\adc , everything beginning with bosh_adc.

If I recall correctly from S2, you have to edit the pack directly (modded pack won't override). You may be able to zero those out or repack with silent files, can't remember at the moment. Please post your results as things may have changed.

edit: There's a thread discussing this for S2 here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48562 . Live2sculpt posted some blank files for use with the Japanese Aide de Camp. You might have success using those as substitutes for the corresponding FotS audio. Note that the parent directory french_campaign has been removed in the updated local_en.pack and you'll have to do this over whenever local_.pack gets updated. Also check local_en_patch.pack, though I see nothing relevant there at the moment.
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; April 12, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

OK, I have a working mod that silences the American Aid de Camp. I've used 0 length audio tracks which should also save some memory. It's a patch type pack, so test this to be certain it works as intended and doesn't have issues with other audio patch packs (including CA's), which tend not to play nice together. Just drop it in \data and go.

In the long run, it may be better to just mod your local_en.pack directly to avoid conflict if CA releases patch updates to the advisor\adc folder. If this works without issue, I'll release it in the mods section with that caveat. I cannot post (as I understand it) an edited local_en.pack as that would violate forum rules.

*note to moderators, this contains NO unedited files from local_en.pack or otherwise. These are simply >1k audio stub files.

Kurisu, thank you very much for your efforts. I'm away from my gaming rig so I can't try it, but that mod will be very welcome, or I'll feedback some of my attempts too, in Two days when I'm back up and running .

Glad to help. I posted a preliminary mod (same as above for now) in the mods section.

OK it seems to work just fine. I can't say I've seen any bad effects in other parts of the game.

I had my usual exit by blue screen, but that's normal for me with Shogun FotS unfortunately after about 40 minutes play.

Thanks again ,really love this little mod.