Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Påsans amazing LOTR RTD compendium.

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Påsans amazing LOTR RTD compendium.

I stay hidden.

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

I make for the gate.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Poosan, I have no idea what the situation is. This is what I have in my mind (from playing too much M2TW probably):

Attachment 221616

Black's the baddies, blue the last stand of the Gondorians, the red dot the orc boss, green me and my buddies and the purple thing the platform.

This way is just about impossible and I have a few ideas in my head of what to do but most of them end up in "We're ed".

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Poosan, I have no idea what the situation is. This is what I have in my mind (from playing too much M2TW probably):
    Playing medieval 2 might help more than you think

The large square was lined with little flags and there were a big flag in the middle. There were four streets leading into the square and what looked like a town hall or something behind it. You get the sensation that if the enemy was allowed to hold this square for too long the fight would be lost

Green dots: Lollsuck and rangers

Orange Dots: Maedros and Vatterholm

Blue Dots: Gondoreans

Teal Dots: Wounded and Civilians

Black dots: Mordor Army

Red dots: Orc leader and Uruk Bodyguard

Blue Building: Government building

Green Building: Full of Orc Archers
    Last edited by Påsan; May 13, 2012 at 09:14 PM.

My men rush into the building with the orc archers and we kill all of them. ALL OF THEM!!!

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

I stand up and straighten my coat. "You're asking ME what's going on? HA! I should think it would go the other way bub, after all, you're the one who sicked your beefy goons on me while I was trying to recover a bit from my bruises.

"If you want anything from me, then give me something to sooth this pain, I may be a big man, but if I don't get help soon then I won't be able to tell you and your goons anything.
    I try to stay standing, but I can't hold myself up much longer, my head starts to throb and I lean against the wall to try and steady myself.

Pasan, I'm not sure if you've forgotten or not, but I do have a sword (+1 to melee, and some chainmail under my coat (-1 to hits against me).
    Last edited by Nosjack; May 14, 2012 at 07:44 AM.

Kameraden's Avatar Campidoctor

"Let go of him, he wont do any harm" I say, "I just want to get some answers" I say as I take off my hood, "Please, tell me what is going on? What is with this blue jewelry?"

I sheath my sword and listen for what he has to say.
    Last edited by Kameraden; May 14, 2012 at 01:21 PM.

Y U NO UPDATE POOSY?

Citizen

Sorry about being late and later. But Ive been buisy with exams and my free TWC time has been occupied I feel so bad when I'm doing time-consuming stuff on TWC rather than study.

But anyway, update! some major stuff went down this time. Pelagir is coming to an end one way or another.

Vatterholm
    I say thank you to the dwarf and awaits its next move before moving. If it run after the orc, so will I. In the mean time i wish for my throwning axe..
    [5]

In the dwarf you finally found conformation that you were indeed in Valhalla, fighting alongside the Einherjar against the Jotun in Ragnarok. The dwarfs were helping the gods in the old tales, and so you followed carefully as the dwarf leapt after the archer and cut it down with a single blow from its large axe. You don't realize until after it had happened that the Snaga had loosened an arrow that also killed the orc you had wounded earlier. The orc had been crawling closer with a gleaming weapon in its hands. But not it was dead with a black-feathered orc arrow in its nerve system. You notice that the orc's weapon was not of the type you had seen them use before, but was gleaming in a silvery light in its dead hands. You pick it up and it is revealed to be a gorgeous axe designed for throwing rather than fighting. The axe had much similar design to that you were used to in the Norse lands with worms and dragons in a fluid pattern along the bearded axe head. The very edge seemed to be inlaid with a hair purest silver, but there was not a scratch on it. [Throwing axe: Ranged +2 to damage, Melee: Normal]

While you were admiring your axe the dwarf had joined the human line, and it was now fighting a humongous monster from Jotunheim. But the brave little girl soon got the best of the Jotun as it somehow got on its back and its axe found its way into the monsters brain. The dwarf stumbled off as the Jotun fell, and ran back to the humans. You decided that that place was the best to be and you followed her and was enlodged in the human shield wall.
    You are on the flank of the Gondorean battle line, the dwarf have made a mess of the enemy but they are rallying for a new attack. The men were awaiting the Dwarfsa decision of what to do next, you could follow her commands or go your own ways.

Sam Vimes
    I hit the archer so he won't be able to shoot me, and then I run like hell towards a easily defended spot, peferably with near other soldiers
    [3]

The Snaga Archer was trying to get away from the angry dwarf that had killed its larger cousins but [6] it stumbled over a body and you quickly closed the gap before the orc could regain its balance [6+3=9] you easily cut the orc in half, and as you did a spasm movement made it throw its arm which had a small knife that flew through the air and wedged itself in the scull of a wounded orc that had been trying to sneak up to the human you rescued.

Free of enemies you head on over to the flank of the Gondorean shield wall, using your large axe to keep the flank free of attackers with wild swings. Suddenly the orcs near you retreated, and out of the rabble stepped a huge cave Troll wielding a wooden mallet. The orcs were trying to break the lines and the trolls were attacking all along the lines of the humans, hoping to disrupt the humans enough for their formation to break and the orcs could get in and have their superior number overwhelm the humans. The troll stepped towards you and raised its mallet to crush you, however you were faster and [6] leaped aside, and the troll stumbled, giving you the opportunity to run up a small ramp and jump on its back and shoulders[3+3=6] and you quickly smote your axe deep into the trolls head, splintering the brain and making it stumble and slowly fall crushingly to the ground, splattering the few orcs that had run in and tried to get you off its back with their spears. You rolled and got back on your feet, and found your place in the shieldwall once again. The men nearby was cheering and rooting for you
    . You are in the flank of the Gondorean formation, you have just epicly slain a troll, lifting the morale of everyone and leaving the orc flank in disarray. You can either lead a charge into the orc flank to take advantage of the situation or hold your ground.

Inkie Pie
    Serpentio wasn't great at mathematics, but he felt a sharp sting when he heard the dusty nerd on the desk announcing his "debt". FOUR G's? What the ...

There had to be some way out of this. There was no chance Serps would let himself get had like some low level toe-rag.

[Use skill: Lying]

He took a few steps forward, before saying to the man "your tax on my surplus suggests that you know how much gold I possess, which is clearly, and unfortunately false: The previous owner of the store tricked me, and made off with practically all of the store's profits, which rightfully belonged to me. We had celebrated, and in doing so I purchased this here armour that you see me wearing, but then we went for drinks...The scum spiked my beverage, and when I returned to consciousness and made my way back to the store, he was long gone, with just about everything."

[Use skill: Charm]

He put on his best sincerity act, wearing the face of a righteous, dutiful man of honour (he used this one to score quite often in the real world) and approached the man further. "I understand that the defence of the city is of utmost importance, and as soon as I make some earnings I will be sure to start sending them to the citadel. There is nothing more important to me than service to the state. I hope you will understand the sincerity of my dedication through this humble offering..."

He carefully took the pendant from its pouch and, holding it as if it was the most precious, fragile object he had ever touched, he placed it on the man's desk.

"As you well know, Aladdin is always generous to his friends."

I fabricate a story in order to buy time, and offer a gift to the chamberlain.
    [6+1=7]

"What is this? Bribery and corruption? I am a chamberlain of the white tower not some meek market enforcer, GUAR.."

.. Was all the Chamberlain had time to say, before his upper torso was picked up by a huge, black and snakelike head that had emerged through a window to the outside. You could hear muffled screams as the beast jagged teeth bit into the poor old man's skin and he were thrown around in the hall knocking over the desk and spreading papers and parchment everywhere before the beast's decided it had overstayed its welcome and its long neck disappeared through the window behind the Chamberlains desk, still crunching the twitching remains of the old man.

You got up and through the door you could see that the serpent head was attached to a huge bat-meets-dragon creature from the worst of LA horror movies, but it was being driven back by a circle of those fancy-looking soldiers with huge puffy helmets and pointy spear-axe-thingies. There was a helmeted dude in black coat sitting on top of it, and he was speaking to a man sitting on a tall black horse before the circle of spears drove the beast to the edge of the upper platform and the beast tilted over the edge, but it unfurled its huge leathery wings and you could just make out something like "I will be back steward denetoooorr" before it flew away.
    You are on the tallest level of the city, there was some kind of monster attacking but it seems its gone for now. There is a man on a black horse named Denethor, so you could talk to him or you could go back to your shop or do something else.

King Bumi
    I stay hidden.
    [1]

[LINK CONTAINS AVENGERS SPOILER]

You hide in some weed and tall grass as the troll finishes killing the man that tried to save you. You wait some time where you could hear the monster walking around and you don't dare look until the movement had stopped. HOLY CRAP ITS RIGHT ABOVE YOU! The troll roars a mighty roar and its still holding the purple glowing necklace in its right hand, but in its left its now holding a tree trunk and its aimed straight at you [5-1=4] The troll grabs you by your feet and raises you up in the air and [6+1=7] smashes you several times violently and repeatedly to the ground [-3 health] Your mutilated remains are discarded casually on the ground as the troll stumbles on. You are dead in a ditch. You were killed by a cave troll and left broken behind. Your corpse still have the Elven bow but the troll have your dual necklace. Have fun in Valinor. GAME OVER

Lyra
    I make for the gate.

~Lyra

[3]

You wander up to the gate, there was guards there, one of them called out "What are you doing out here halfling? We are closing the gate permanently this time, any longer and you would be locked out" You have no idea why they seemed so familiar with you but you were led in without any further fuss. You are in Minas Tirith, the gates are closing behind you. In the walled city seems to be build in a levelled fashion and there is markets stalls, a tavern with some arguing big folk outside and a strange-looking shop with a humongous lamp on top.

Lollsuck
    My men rush into the building with the orc archers and we kill all of them. ALL OF THEM!!!
    [3]

Your men rush into the house before any of the orcs could notice you were at their flank. However one of the archers in the building must have seen you because a arrow smote into the ranger beside you, and he went down just as your band reached the door. There was a orc blocking the entrance and [1] you failed to do anything before he jabbed at you with his spear [4-1=3] hitting your leg as you tried to evade [2-1=1] however the spear had no hope of penetrating your plate armour and you simply stepped on the spear while one of the rangers gutted the orc with his sword.

Rushing inside there was a few snagas that were carrying arrows, they were easily killed. The building seemed to have been a forge of some sort. There was a stair leading upstairs where most of the archers were, but there was also a hatch in the corner that led to a basement. In any case the door had locks but would probably need a guard to protect you from any eventual attacks from the outside.
    You are in the city forge, you can lead the attack up the stairs to gain the firing position, but perhaps you would want to guard the door? With your heavy armour and sword you are better suited to the task than the rangers, then again there is that hatch in the corner. Who knows what is hidden in such a wealthy forge.

Nosjack
    I stand up and straighten my coat. "You're asking ME what's going on? HA! I should think it would go the other way bub, after all, you're the one who sicked your beefy goons on me while I was trying to recover a bit from my bruises.

"If you want anything from me, then give me something to sooth this pain, I may be a big man, but if I don't get help soon then I won't be able to tell you and your goons anything.
    I try to stay standing, but I can't hold myself up much longer, my head starts to throb and I lean against the wall to try and steady myself.
    The man brought forth a Neclance that was identical to your own. They both gleamed with almost a blinding light by now so everyone around you seemed coated in various shades of blue. "Please, tell me what is going on? What is with this blue jewelry?" He said.

You are talking with a man and a few knights

Kameraden
    "Let go of him, he wont do any harm" I say, "I just want to get some answers" I say as I take off my hood, "Please, tell me what is going on? What is with this blue jewelry?"

I sheath my sword and listen for what he has to say.
    You show him the necklace but the man refuses to say anything "You're asking ME what's going on? HA! I should think it would go the other way bub, after all, you're the one who sicked your beefy goons on me while I was trying to recover a bit from my bruises.

"If you want anything from me, then give me something to sooth this pain, I may be a big man, but if I don't get help soon then I won't be able to tell you and your goons anything."

You are interrogating the strange man. He seems reluctant to tell anything before he have been treated for his injuries and Imrahil looks impatient.
    Last edited by Påsan; May 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM.

Vaðarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

I stay in the wall and do whatever i am told. But try to keep myself at least 1-2 rows in as my shield is not of higest quality.
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] því að með lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi með ólögum eyða.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I shout something in dwarvish and lead a charge into the orcs, trying to kill the leader(s).
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Citizen

Hey, I'd thought it would be funny to have a kill-count, so here we are.

Kill Count

• Name - Direct Kills - wounded - Indirect kills
    • Ferdiad - 0 - 0 - 15
    • Maedros - 4 - 2 - 3
    • Vatterholm - 0 - 1 - 1
    • Lollsuck - 3 - 3 - 0
    • Inkie Pie - 1 - 0 - 10
    • Ciloron - 2 - 0 - 0
    • Kameraden - 1 - 1 - 1
    • Nosjack - 2 - 0 - 0
    • Lyra - 3 - 0 - 10

Maedros and Lollsuck have done the most direct fighting while some of you might remember Ferdiad blowing up 15 corsairs with his RPG, Inkie Pie charging a mumakil and its crew into a wall and Lyra burning down a Tavern full of people.

Last edited by Påsan; May 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I am so proud of myself. I lived a short life, but a glorious one.

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

pah, the dice hates me. I call for a vote of no confidence!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Best direct kill count
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

I rush into the basement shouting "LEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOYYY JEEENKINSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!" although I have no idea what that means. The rangers guard the hallway so no one gets in or out of the building.

I'm a beast!!! I will destroy everything that's not a troll in that basement!!!

I shall wait for Kammy to accept my demands.

Kameraden's Avatar Campidoctor

"Imrahil" I say, "This man is no use to me nor you in his condition. May I suggest a plan of action?"

I ignore the man on the ground and walk towards Imrahil, and speak silently so that no other can hear me talking, "Disarm and shackle this man, and take him to Gandalf the White, Mithrandir. For he is the wisest man in the city, he'll no what to do."

"Ready your men to put him down for good if he tries anything. Now our priority should be the raid on the enemy. I will follow you until life abandons my body, my Prince" I bow my head to Imrahil and wait his orders.

Incredulous, I grab the papers and stuff them in my knapsack, before rushing out of the hall and back to the shop. I open up for a day of business and meanwhile examine the documents carefully.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

I allow myself to be taken to Gandalf, although I suppress feelings of indignation for this man called "John" "Well he wasn't much help" I think to myself "but damn my gut hurts"

I ask one of the soldiers if he could spare me a drink, all the while trying to keep myself from passing out.